Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Juniper Petite Sordidness

Is she taking over the lunchtime show?

nope the 7pm show after she tanked in the ratings twice, she'll more than likely will not be sniffing a permanent day show in the foreseeable future....cant wait for the umm, ahhh and inane "banter" with the newsteam's opinions on Game of thrones or something in their tedious weekends …..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭its_steve116

The 12 to 2 show would be WAY better if they gave it to Louise Duffy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

a prime example of how any person can very quickly get their own show on a national station. baffling really.

Chief content creator

Give it to her again. It really wasn't good the first time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,638 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

No show is improved by her addition.

EDIT: ah boll1x, its_steve is Mikey Taylors re-reg isn't it?

Louise would be a great midday show host, Muireann is doing a TERRIBLE job and is nothing more than a placeholder presenter as far as I can see. Muireann should be on Newstalk.

• Advertisement

No show is improved by her addition.

EDIT: ah boll1x, its_steve is Mikey Taylors re-reg isn't it?

2FM > Today FM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,638 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

2FM > Today FM

That answers that then

That answers that then

Look, I'm entitled to my opinions. Today FM is a terrible station, 2FM is considerably better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,954 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Look, I'm entitled to my opinions. Today FM is a terrible station, 2FM is considerably better.

But does 2FM have Daniel Quilty?

pjohnson wrote: »

It has Dan Healy and Dan Hegarty...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Juniper Petite Sordidness

pjohnson wrote: »

its Dara, unless you want an angry PM from Mikey

I'm assuming they want to have a female voice on the radio during the day, and Muireann (sadly) is the best out of a bad bunch that's under contract to them.....Paula and Louise are awful and sound amateur ....thank god they shipped Susan Keogh to Newstalk, and Alison "babies and dancing in the kitchen" Curtis with that voice would drive anyone to insanityand has the charisma of a plank of wood ...

Loughc wrote: »
    You could not listen to her?

I really couldn't. Of all of the replacements for AP they could have had for that slot, why did it have to be her? Could it be they were struggling to find a replacement? Today FM really is turning into a lighter hearted Newstalk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Only one person keeps making that Newstalk/Today FM analogy..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Where will Ed Smith go now that his stint on lost in music has come to an end? I know he has his show on a Sunday evening, but I feel his talents would be wasted if he was put back with fergal D'Arcy on the afternoon show.

It seemed his 6 months on lost on music just flew by.

RMAOK wrote: »
    Where will Ed Smith go now that his stint on lost in music has come to an end? I know he has his show on a Sunday evening, but I feel his talents would be wasted if he was put back with fergal D'Arcy on the afternoon show.

It seemed his 6 months on lost on music just flew by.

he's tweeted I think he's back to Ferg's show...I was hoping they'd move him there and put Louise on the weekend instead...id be interested in seeing the ratings for him...great it'll be back to inane banter with the newsteam and um's and ahhs….I hope to feck, she doesn't turn into an Alison Curtis and go on and on about babies/children

he's tweeted I think he's back to Ferg's show...I was hoping they'd move him there and put Louise on the weekend instead...id be interested in seeing the ratings for him...great it'll be back to inane banter with the newsteam and um's and ahhs….

At the end of the last word on Friday evening, Matt Cooper said "up next is Ed Smith with his last lost in music for the time being".

Maybe I'm hoping against hope that Ed might get the gig again in the not too distant future ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭nc6000

I'm assuming they want to have a female voice on the radio during the day, and Muireann (sadly) is the best out of a bad bunch that's under contract to them.....Paula and Louise are awful and sound amateur ....thank god they shipped Susan Keogh to Newstalk, and Alison "babies and dancing in the kitchen" Curtis with that voice would drive anyone to insanityand has the charisma of a plank of wood ...

he's tweeted I think he's back to Ferg's show...I was hoping they'd move him there and put Louise on the weekend instead...id be interested in seeing the ratings for him...great it'll be back to inane banter with the newsteam and um's and ahhs….I hope to feck, she doesn't turn into an Alison Curtis and go on and on about babies/children

Fairly harsh there on Alison Curtis. The Weekend Breakfast shows are obviously aimed at parents who are up at that time with their kids.

nc6000 wrote: »
    Fairly harsh there on Alison Curtis. The Weekend Breakfast shows are obviously aimed at parents who are up at that time with their kids.

She covered Anton , Ian and other slots before - one of the questions she kept asking the guests (not in her kids show slot) , do you have kids, she’s a nasally bore with an obsession repeating her twitter account and 53012 (some text no like this )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I've got kids and I can't stand her. She does my head in with the constant chat about kids

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Another absolute master class from Ed Smith currently on songs of praise. Just love love love his show.

PS Alison Curtis makes me weep in despair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Fairly harsh there on Alison Curtis. The Weekend Breakfast shows are obviously aimed at parents who are up at that time dancing around the kitchen with their kids.

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Can't stand Ed Smiths Sunday show honestly. He acts like a god for selecting some music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Can't stand Ed Smiths Sunday show honestly. He acts like a god for selecting some music.

How does this manifest itself ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,273 ✭✭✭_feedback_

It was a pleasure being able to throw on the radio in the kitchen while cooking the dinner in the evening, without a second thought.

Even though the music selection on "Lost in Music" wasn't on par with "Eds songs of praise", you still knew it would be half decent and no inane crap in between songs.

Back to Google play from now on!

_feedback_ wrote: »
    It was a pleasure being able to throw on the radio in the kitchen while cooking the dinner in the evening, without a second thought.

Even though the music selection on "Lost in Music" wasn't on par with "Eds songs of praise", you still knew it would be half decent and no inane crap in between songs.

Back to Google play from now on!

Were you dancing around the kitchen like Alison’s listner does

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,273 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Were you dancing around the kitchen like Alison’s listner does

No, but I was eagerly awaiting Eds Insta handle at the end of every link - it never came unfortunately :cool::D

Muireanns topic today text in when you noticed something for the first time and now can stop noticing it everywhere.

I noticed her show is a load of garbage and now cant stop noticing

threein99 wrote: »
    Muireanns topic today text in when you noticed something for the first time and now can stop noticing it everywhere.

Is that what they mean when they use the term 'content creator'? :confused:

• Advertisement

RMAOK wrote: »
    Is that what they mean when they use the term 'content creator'? :confused:

Filler creater would be more accurate

Advertisement