Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭its_steve116

threein99 wrote: »
    Muireanns topic today text in when you noticed something for the first time and now can stop noticing it everywhere.

I noticed her show is a load of garbage and now cant stop noticing
    Absolute car crash radio. Worse than car crash radio. I am glad I gave up on Today FM it just keeps getting worse. For those of you who do listen to their daytime shows, I feel sorry for you. I'm sorry that you have to witness such awful radio. I truly am. Unfortunately real DJs who focus on music are not what the CEO of Today FM wants. He wants "content creators" who love to talk to their hearts content. I wish the daytime content creators would take James Murphy from LCD Soundsystem's advice: "shut up and play the hits".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

So true. I’m constantly amazed at how people like her and Fergal Darcy can talk for hours on end about drivel and nonsense. I’m not for a moment saying I’m incredibly intelligent but I know if I tried I honestly couldn’t talk for a couple of hours each day about such absolute dirge.
    Absolute car crash radio. Worse than car crash radio. I am glad I gave up on Today FM it just keeps getting worse. For those of you who do listen to their daytime shows, I feel sorry for you. I'm sorry that you have to witness such awful radio. I truly am. Unfortunately real DJs who focus on music are not what the CEO of Today FM wants. He wants "content creators" who love to talk to their hearts content. I wish the daytime content creators would take James Murphy from LCD Soundsystem's advice: "shut up and play the hits".

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,882 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

If only they had Al Porter back. Or Dara Quilty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Loughc wrote: »

What about Laura Whitmore maybe?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,882 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

MrMac84 wrote: »
    What about Laura Whitmore maybe?

I was going to say Eoghan McDermott but he’s moving to England to make it big.

• Advertisement

At least Al was somewhat entertaining. MOC is just talk talk talk about absolutely trivial subjects. Al didn't pretend to be anything other than a comedian.

That is my opinion and if you don't like it then fuck off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I was going to say Eoghan McDermott but he’s moving to England to make it big.

Again??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,950 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

At least Al was somewhat entertaining. MOC is just talk talk talk about absolutely trivial subjects. Al didn't pretend to be anything other than a comedian.

That is my opinion and if you don't like it then fuck off.

Al was about as entertaining as hemorrhoids. He pretended to be a comedian Mikey.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Al was about as entertaining as hemorrhoids. He pretended to be a comedian Mikey.

It's Steve now.

I'd still take him over Muireann O'Connor.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

It's Steve now.

I'd still take him over Muireann O'Connor.

Not trying to NITPICK, but who's Muireann O'Connor? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

RMAOK wrote: »
    Not trying to NITPICK, but who's Muireann O'Connor? :confused:

That's the definition of nitpicking. You know exactly who hes talking about.

That's the definition of nitpicking. You know exactly who hes talking about.

Regardless of what her name is, she and Fergal are single handedly turning today fm into "Newstalk for Dummies". Or if you prefer "Talk without the News 100-102".

Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Good christ am I sick of that Ann Marie song. They've played it 3 or 4 times already today since 8am. :mad:

How can their playlist be THIS limited?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

The whole basis of D&D (Without one D today) is Marias wedding.
    She isnt the first and wont be the last to get engaged.
    And it was months ago?! Or at least it feels that way...
    Do other stations have their producers on air as often? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Prince William

Here is what Today FM sounded like long before Dempsey, Darcy, Foley etc arrived https://m.mixcloud.com/brian-cleary3/mark-byrne-on-radio-ireland-december-16th-1997/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Jesus christ, the screaming on this morning's D&D. :confused: Between that and the "Howaya" thing that they've now made a regular segment, it's almost unlistenable.

Just terrible radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Jesus christ, the screaming on this morning's D&D. :confused: Between that and the "Howaya" thing that they've now made a regular segment, it's almost unlistenable.

Just terrible radio.

Jeez it's a bit of fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Synode wrote: »
    Jeez it's a bit of fun

The people in my office love this station, I'm the only one that dislikes it. But even they had had enough this morning with that screaming stuff. It's just not pleasant listening and it isn't fun or funny. It's childish nonsense.

Well I laughed. The lad who worked on Braveheart's was mighty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Synode wrote: »
    Well I laughed. The lad who worked on Braveheart's was mighty

Same, it was a bit of light hearted fun, hardly banshee-esque screaming down the radio speakers.

• Advertisement

Just terrible radio.

And it was even worse today
    Cant wait to be off on Friday to escape it:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Dempsey's Double contestant fell at the very first question today.
    Although if I was asked my name on radio I would probably still be second guessing myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Although if I was asked my name on radio I would probably still be second guessing myself!

Thought it was a tricky enough question for the first question,how many of the months begin with the letter A? My first thoughts were 1 but forgot about August!!

Thought it was a tricky enough question for the first question,how many of the months begin with the letter A? My first thoughts were 1 but forgot about August!!

I thought one as well but quickly went through the months in my head. Your one shouted 1 just as I thought of August. She should have ran through them

Can confirm that its very different being on the radio than listening at home / in the car.
    I was on a quiz myself before Christmas and I went to pieces and forgot the most basic of things :o

I believe Ian Dempsey will step down from Today FM at the end of his current contract this coming summer, you can quote this post in a few months if I'm right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

I believe Ian Dempsey will step down from Today FM at the end of his current contract this coming summer, you can quote this post in a few months if I'm right.
    Even he is sick of the **** going on there these days! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭De Bhál

I hope not, love listening to Ian in the mornings. Easy listening, no drama and he doesn't take himself too seriously at all.

De Bhál wrote: »
    I hope not, love listening to Ian in the mornings. Easy listening, no drama and he doesn't take himself too seriously at all.

People say Ian's show is very stale but imagine the outrage when a duo like Fergal Darcy + Paula MacSweeney inevitably replace him :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

I’d hate to see Ian go but if they stuck Darcy and OConnell on that slot so that they’d be finished by 9 am I for one would be delighted.

Advertisement