Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Just saw this from Paul Collins

476528.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭robo

Tomorrow Friday the 29th of March is all day Irish music, which should be good

However...how oh how will they get through the day without playing George Ezra, like the guy is played on every show every day.
    I'd say they will have to have a little room which the presenters (wouldn't call them all DJs) go to, to get their Ezra fix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,173 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

robo wrote: »

However...how oh how will they get through the day without playing George Ezra, like the guy is played on every show every day.
    I'd say they will have to have a little room which the presenters (wouldn't call them all DJs) go to, to get their Ezra fix

Easy, just play Picture This on a loop (for a change)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

I took note of the songs they played the other day. By the time they got to Fergal D'Arcy show, they were playing songs that had been played on D&D show 4 hours previously.

Access to all known recorded music and they are playing the same songs every few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Has ezra an Irish granny? :pac:

He could be Irish then, like the football team for years....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

I took note of the songs they played the other day. By the time they got to Fergal D'Arcy show, they were playing songs that had been played on D&D show 4 hours previously.

Access to all known recorded music and they are playing the same songs every few hours.

Popular daytime radio playing the popular chart hits of the day? No! Say it ain't so!

Yes, daytime radio gets a bit repetitive - that's why they have mostly decent presenters like D&D and Fergal D'Arcy to break up the repetition of music. If you want eclectic, new, old, or interesting, you've got to wait until Paul McLoone, Ed Smith, or Kelly-Anne Byrne, or occasionally Louise Duffy.

Popular daytime radio playing the popular chart hits of the day? No! Say it ain't so!

Yes, daytime radio gets a bit repetitive - that's why they have mostly decent presenters like D&D and Fergal D'Arcy to break up the repetition of music. If you want eclectic, new, old, or interesting, you've got to wait until Paul McLoone, Ed Smith, or Kelly-Anne Byrne, or occasionally Louise Duffy.

Yes, I have a problem with it. It's lowest common denominator stuff, treating listeners as idiots. Joining the race to the gutter. Afraid to step away from the same twenty to thirty songs,despite the fact people have access to whatever popular song they want in the palm of their hand. Cowardly stuff based on some idiotic focus groups with people who listen to rival radio stations. The station has gone down the pan. It used to have a good mix of both current and varied music. Now it's a case of playing the same songs every few hours, while presenters act like idiots, and they play "highlights" of said presenters shows that are literally some clown that's called in with a completely inane story that is neither funny nor interesting.

"Mostly decent presenters" and "Fergal D'Arcy" in the same sentence does not compute either.

Ah crap - isn't Hozier Irish, so his whole back catalogue will be on tomorrow :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,795 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Non-stop Picture This so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

You lost me at "decent presenters like D&D and Fergal D'Arcy"...Christ:eek:

• Advertisement

You lost me at "decent presenters like D&D and Fergal D'Arcy"...Christ:eek:

I've not had a chance to listen to Fergal D'Arcy in the last while but he was amusing enough last time I did. Dermot & Dave are consistently laugh-out-loud funny, though. YMMV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Umm..... while no doubt there will be some great songs played (you would hope), do you really think it won't be The Coronas, Picture This, Walking On Cars and shíte like that all day long? It's gonna be like a normal day minus George Ezra & Ann Marie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

RMAOK wrote: »
    Has ezra an Irish granny? :pac:

He could be Irish then, like the football team for years....

Or he could have lived in the country for 5 minutes like the rugby team.

Umm..... while no doubt there will be some great songs played (you would hope), do you really think it won't be The Coronas, Picture This, Walking On Cars and shíte like that all day long? It's gonna be like a normal day minus George Ezra & Ann Marie.

You know people can have different taste in music and we don't all have to like the same stuff - and that's ok?

Jeesus... what a thread of utter negativity this is. "I don't like him!" "She's ****e!" "Crap music!" "They won't play their usual crap music today!" "No, it'll be other crap music instead!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

It looks like they didn't fulfill their requirement to play a certain minimum quota of Irish bands on their regular shows so they have to dedicate a whole day to Irish bands to make up the shortfall?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Surprised they didn't do this on the Friday before St Patrick's day....

Had the radio on all day at work yesterday and I have to say they played a few half decent songs along of course with erza, Bruno Mars etc. Heard the goo goo dolls, cardigans can't remember what else but thought they must finally be getting the message re their play list.

One can only hope.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,444 ✭✭✭JoeA3

D&D have Westlife on later on. More great Irish music :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

There's actually been some half decent stuff on so far.

And some muck as well, of course.

Here is hoping that Ed Smith who is standing in for Muireann will play some decent tunes (based on his excellent choices for Ed's Songs of Praise on a Sunday) - this is a DJ :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I don't want to go on my lunch now that Ed is in!!

• Advertisement

There's actually been some half decent stuff on so far.

And some muck as well, of course.

They've played two Gavin James songs so far that I've heard. Why play the same artist? They have all recorded Irish music available to them and they are still carrying on this ****e. Cowards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Here is hoping that Ed Smith who is standing in for Muireann will play some decent tunes (based on his excellent choices for Ed's Songs of Praise on a Sunday) - this is a DJ :cool:

Cest la vie! Good man Ed

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Cest la vie! Good man Ed

Gotta say I'll be really surprised if Ed plays B*witched! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,295 ✭✭✭✭L1011

It looks like they didn't fulfill their requirement to play a certain minimum quota of Irish bands on their regular shows so they have to dedicate a whole day to Irish bands to make up the shortfall?

Doesn't work that way. BAI inspect random days without notice

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

D'arcy is a headwrecker. Was listening to the irish music on friday, which was decent enough. He was playing floor fillers. Anyways, his stuff in between was nonsense. ....while sitting in your car...press the horn as loud as you can....and salute to the person next to you.....

And then later on he was on about grabbing a sweeping brush and start singing into it while dancing around the kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Pussyhands wrote: »
    And then later on he was on about grabbing a sweeping brush and start singing into it while dancing around the kitchen.

Are you sure that wasn't Alison Curtis you were listening to? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Pussyhands wrote: »

Oh dear. Was he channelling Alison Curtis?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

lads. Im all for supporting the Irish Cancer Society. Honestly I am. But its only day 2 of this Dare to Care / Dancer for Cancer and I am SICK of them going on about it:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

dragonfly! wrote: »
    lads. Im all for supporting the Irish Cancer Society. Honestly I am. But its only day 2 of this Dare to Care / Dancer for Cancer and I am SICK of them going on about it:eek:

the missus told me about the Dare to Care thing yesterday

I told here I hadn't listened to 2day fm for weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

The station's intended demographic has a short attention span so I suppose they have to keep reminding them.

Advertisement