Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

redbuck wrote: »
    They should've made her a big offer and replaced Muireann with her.

Or even Fergal Darcy's show. Strange U turn from Rte all the same. I'm sure she's very popular?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

I feel Ed Smith comes across as being a bit of a know it all when it comes to music, especially on his Sunday night show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

I feel Ed Smith comes across as being a bit of a know it all when it comes to music, especially on his Sunday night show.

Well he can be whatever he wants if he continues to play what he plays. Most of the rest of their stable know nothing and pollute the airways with utter garbage talk and rubbish music especially Muireann, D’Arcy, D and D and the insufferable Alison Curtis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

Muireann's JNLR figures were 93,000 & Fergal D'Arcy's were 106,000

Those are shocking figures for both of those shows.

Bernard & Keith got the boot from 2fm breakfast for doing figures of 188,000!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Juniper Petite Sordidness

meh, him and McLoone are much better than the poor content from Um and Ahh from Mrs Paul Galvin, Paula "guess what the kardashians had for lunch Today" Mc Sweeney, Ferg "i cant deal with pushing 40 now" DArcy and Hyper O'Connell...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Great show from Ed as usual tonight. Really enjoying it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

So... they shouldn't talk about ****e, but they shouldn't know too much about the music they're playing, either.

Straight middle of the road for you, then? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Priceless...

Ferg "i cant deal with pushing 40 now" DArcy and Hyper O'Connell..

You made my day when I read that...you are so right!!!!
    meh, him and McLoone are much better than the poor content from Um and Ahh from Mrs Paul Galvin, Paula "guess what the kardashians had for lunch Today" Mc Sweeney, Ferg "i cant deal with pushing 40 now" DArcy and Hyper O'Connell...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

I saw on Facebook yesterday they were looking for suggestions for the kick start song on Ian’s show.
    The amount of suggestions that get played every single day anyway was ridiculous
    Then hilariously ended up being a member of the Academics mother live on the radio who requested her sons band.
    Scraping the barrel lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭prunudo

I sent in a request for that about a year or 2 ago, never heard a thing back. Can't even remember what the song was but it wasn't that obscure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

jvan wrote: »
    I sent in a request for that about a year or 2 ago, never heard a thing back. Can't even remember what the song was but it wasn't that obscure.

Were you expecting them to call round to your house and explain why it wasn't picked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭prunudo

threein99 wrote: »
    Were you expecting them to call round to your house and explain why it wasn't picked?

Now that you say it, a consolation prize would have been nice! I find it odd that they continually ask for people to send in their requests yet they end up playing the same old safe todayfm playlist. Part of me thinks they use it as research as to what they think their audience wants to listen to, nothing to do with kick starter at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Someone text in a joke about the royal baby being named after a football player today , which D and D read out.
    Grand.
    Kinda funny.
    Whatever.
    Then MOC read out the exact same joke , like an hour and a half later.
    Jesus wept.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

jvan wrote: »

Send in ELO, Mr Blue Sky.
    It's Ian's favourite song.
    He'll definitely play it for you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

dragonfly! wrote: »
    Someone text in a joke about the royal baby being named after a football player today , which D and D read out.
    Grand.
    Kinda funny.
    Whatever.
    Jesus wept.

Terrible altogether.

Obviously what needs to happen is every DJ has to listen to every previous show that day so they don't play the same songs or notice the same trending things on social media. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

I think she’s lost all interest in her show-it’s going nowhere fast and I reckon it’s only a matter of time before she’s gone.
    dragonfly! wrote: »
    Grand.
    Kinda funny.
    Whatever.
    Jesus wept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

johnire wrote: »
    I think she’s lost all interest in her show-it’s going nowhere fast and I reckon it’s only a matter of time before she’s gone.

She was really good filling in for people but I think the format of her own show is utter garbage, I dont anyone would make it work. They had Claire Beck in for Muireann one week and she was talking about the same rubbish that Muireann does, I think it was boob sweat one of the days :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

I remember when she could do no wrong as a stand-in presenter. She is now a "content creator".

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I thought she did well in the interview with the remaining Cranberries. I have always thought she would do better if herself and D&D sapped. They are far better suited to a shorter, tighter lunchtime show. She can do the chats and the agony aunt bit well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,950 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I enjoyed Ian and Mario this afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,795 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Gift Grub getting some amount of promotion at present.

It was funny in its day, but well past its sell by.

Its like promoting the Simpsons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Juniper Petite Sordidness

NIMAN wrote: »
    Gift Grub getting some amount of promotion at present.

It was funny in its day, but well past its sell by.

Its like promoting the Simpsons.

Hasn’t been funny since 2005 - only thing impressive is how he stretched a 20 year career out of it

Don't find it funny anymore but did get a good laugh off the old ones player. Dry your eyes Beck's was brilliant!

Watching the behind the scenes clip, he really doesn't get much time to write, act and edit the sketches. Fair play to him having a long and successful career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,795 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Always wondered does Ian Dempsey have shares in Gift Grub or anything?

NIMAN wrote: »
    Always wondered does Ian Dempsey have shares in Gift Grub or anything?

Well he helps write the sketches, or gives his ideas anyway and he gets the final say on if it's aired.

WTF this is the last ever Premier League Live?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭giveitholly

pjohnson wrote: »
    WTF this is the last ever Premier League Live?

Thought I heard Dermot say it on Friday but just thought it was the last one for this season,have they lost the rights?

Thought I heard Dermot say it on Friday but just thought it was the last one for this season,have they lost the rights?

Ah ffs. Thats ridiculous.

Ed smith tweeted it that it is the last one - probably for another crap content creation show, something like more insufferable Alison Curtis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Maybe the end of Premier League Live has something to do with Off The Ball taking over the sports bulletins? John Duggan recently became part of the OTB team, so maybe they are amalgamating the sports departments at Comunicorp..

Advertisement