Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Is it just me or is the music during the day a lot more varied lately?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,792 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Is it just me or is the music during the day a lot more varied lately?

I'd doubt it.

Sure they have to play their staple diet of known acts.

Anytime I hear day time radio of late, don't ever notice much difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,905 ✭✭✭patrickc

Dec Pierce is brilliant on Todayfm especially the Saturday night show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

patrickc wrote: »

Agreed. It's tough going up against Jenny Greene at that time but I'd say he plays a broader, more crowd-pleasing selection, whereas her choices are a bit more niche. I find myself bouncing between the two on a Saturday evening. He seems like a genuinely nice guy too.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Agreed. It's tough going up against Jenny Greene at that time but I'd say he plays a broader, more crowd-pleasing selection, whereas her choices are a bit more niche. I find myself bouncing between the two on a Saturday evening. He seems like a genuinely nice guy too.
    The main problem I find with Jenny's show is that it's over too early at 8pm (which wasn't always the case), then followed by Mo-K which doesn't quite fit, IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,792 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Just listened to The Beat Goes On tonight for the 1st time.....must say it was really enjoyable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

patrickc wrote: »
    NIMAN wrote: »
    Just listened to The Beat Goes On tonight for the 1st time.....must say it was really enjoyable.

Kelly Anne Byrne, Dec Pierce, Ed Smith and Paul McLoone are all brilliant on Today FM.
    They all make it look so so easy and effortless.
    Less needless chat and great music.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Mr Tickle

Kelly Anne Byrne, Dec Pierce, Ed Smith and Paul McLoone are all brilliant on Today FM.
    They all make it look so so easy and effortless.
    Less needless chat and great music.

I'd add Louise Duffy to that list. For her late night show that is. It's not like i agree with every song she plays but at least we get to hear her taste/choices rather than the set playlist.

So, is it true? No premiership games this season on today fm? Has news talk list the rights too for Sunday games?

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

zorro2566 wrote: »
    So, is it true? No premiership games this season on today fm? Has news talk list the rights too for Sunday games?

Newstalk still has the rights for the Sunday games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Mr Tickle wrote: »
    I'd add Louise Duffy to that list. For her late night show that is. It's not like i agree with every song she plays but at least we get to hear her taste/choices rather than the set playlist.

Gotta say yes, she's more comfortable in the evening slot than her previous morning programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Dannyman76

Dermot and Dave are great but they don't half milk the bejesus out of topics. Why revisit the dating bit from yesterday? If they can't fill a 3 hour show send them back to lunchtime

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Dannyman76 wrote: »
    Dermot and Dave are great but they don't half milk the bejesus out of topics. Why revisit the dating bit from yesterday? If they can't fill a 3 hour show send them back to lunchtime

They do this a LOT, especially for high profile interviews. They repeated that Daddy's Home cast interview every day that week they did it, if I recall. It was ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Yea. It’s always the same with any feature they have-they go on and on about it.
    They do this a LOT, especially for high profile interviews. They repeated that Daddy's Home cast interview every day that week they did it, if I recall. It was ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Completely agree. D&D is the only show I listen to on Today FM. I mainly listen to BBCR1 and the repetition on D&D really stands out in comparison. BBCR1 will do something incredibly ambitious (like the Hide and Seek thing at the moment) and once it's over they'll move on. D&D will interview a celebrity about how Irish they are and it will be replayed several times. I really like D&D, but that does annoy me.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,882 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Same big fan of Dermot and Dave and I’ve noticed lately even their podcasts have repeats on them. If you can’t fill a podcast with original content then you’re in trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I really like D&D. They make me laugh daily.
    I have to agree though, the repetition is ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Juniper Petite Sordidness

hey its content creation...….lazy creation, reduces the amount of "original" content

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

johnire wrote: »
    Yea. It’s always the same with any feature they have-they go on and on about it.
    Completely agree. D&D is the only show I listen to on Today FM. I mainly listen to BBCR1 and the repetition on D&D really stands out in comparison. BBCR1 will do something incredibly ambitious (like the Hide and Seek thing at the moment) and once it's over they'll move on. D&D will interview a celebrity about how Irish they are and it will be replayed several times. I really like D&D, but that does annoy me.
    Loughc wrote: »
    Same big fan of Dermot and Dave and I’ve noticed lately even their podcasts have repeats on them. If you can’t fill a podcast with original content then you’re in trouble.
    ILikeBoats wrote: »
    I really like D&D. They make me laugh daily.
    I have to agree though, the repetition is ridiculous.

And it's contagious as well:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Fergal Darcy has today officially broken the cringeworthy meter with today’s broadcast from Supermacs!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,955 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

"Lads, do ye remember getting Supermac's after school? Wasn't school so class, lads?

...lads?"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Free advertising for Center Parcs on D&D this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭jasonb

And they just ran a piece interviewing people from Longford about Maura on Love Island. The exact same piece they ran two hours ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

jasonb wrote: »
    And they just ran a piece interviewing people from Longford about Maura on Love Island. The exact same piece they ran two hours ago...

They must have been afraid people missed it the first time.......

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

They have a major love in with Center Parcs, I think it was this time last year they did a broadcast from one of their UK parks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

They were both given free accomodation in a superior house for a few days for them and their family! Dermot posted a clip on his FB page

It looked lovely in fairness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I think it was a media weekend anyway. Dermot Bannon was there I noticed. My missus said all her "influencers" were there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    I think it was a media weekend anyway. Dermot Bannon was there I noticed. My missus said all her "influencers" were there.

Ye you could be right actually. I saw a few articles in the indo today about their "experience"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,444 ✭✭✭JoeA3

My sister was there for the weekend with her family - she won a weekend away to it on D&D :D

Anyway, she absolutely loved it, its supposedly an amazing place, but uber expensive if you're actually paying for it (which presumably none of the Z listers were).

She was Z-lister spotting all weekend. D&D, Dermot bannon, Baz Ashway-something, TV3 people...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Wow so Muireann is getting the boot already and Mairead Ronan is getting her slot.
    No more Mr nice guy in Marconi house obviously.
    I wonder is there any more shake ups?

Advertisement