Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Muireann and her show have been nominated for the IMRO awards.
    That’s actually really funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Muireann and her show have been nominated for the IMRO awards.
    Acceptance speech preview...
    screen-shot-2015-10-10-at-12-21-48-p-m.png?w=491&h=490

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,273 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Not sure if it would have been possible to have anyone more contrasting to Eds style filling in for him..

Really shouty overly excited presentation as opposed to Eds great laid back style.

Get well soon Ed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

Muireann gets fired but gets 2 nominations.... Darcy gets inexplicably kept... Did he get nominated???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,441 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Are the IMRO's not the ones where everyone gets nominated?
    Its like the radio special teams.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

retalivity wrote: »
    Are the IMRO's not the ones where everyone gets nominated?
    Its like the radio special teams.

Fergal Darcy must be really special so he didn’t get any nominations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

How on earth is this guy on national radio? He’s so cringeworthy to listen to.....you actually feel embarrassed on his behalf.
    Loughc wrote: »
    Fergal Darcy must be really special so he didn’t get any nominations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,444 ✭✭✭JoeA3

https://twitter.com/EdTodayFM/status/1168803722979356672?s=20

Poor Ed, he's had a bit of a health scare.

Get well VERY soon Ed please... I caught 5 minutes of your stand-in this evening. Sounded like a TY student who'd had a few too many cans of red bull :(

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭FarmerBrowne

johnire wrote: »
    How on earth is this guy on national radio? He’s so cringeworthy to listen to.....you actually feel embarrassed on his behalf.

Don't say that about uncle Ferg 🙄🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

JoeA3 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/EdTodayFM/status/1168803722979356672?s=20

Poor Ed, he's had a bit of a health scare.

Get well VERY soon Ed please... I caught 5 minutes of your stand-in this evening. Sounded like a TY student who'd had a few too many cans of red bull :(

I saw this Tweet last night ah hes a funny guy
    He was been discharged now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Do TodayFM have a discount on Razorlight songs or something? It's the only explanation as to why they play one of their songs what seems like at least once a day now. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

They're cool again after Electric Picnic

It's been going on for about a month, though.

Before that it was Teenage Dirtbag all the time.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Due to an early start this morning, I had a full 2 hours of Paula, and despite reservations, she wasn’t at all bad. A veiled reference to child by talking about baby wipes. Other than that, child free zone. She’s just the right amount of bubbly in that time slot, I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,560 ✭✭✭prunudo

whiterebel wrote: »
    Due to an early start this morning, I had a full 2 hours of Paula, and despite reservations, she wasn’t at all bad. A veiled reference to child by talking about baby wipes. Other than that, child free zone. She’s just the right amount of bubbly in that time slot, I thought.

Have to agree, never found her to be offensive at that hour, right mix of bubbly and music. Couldn't warm to any of her replacements. Tried 2fm for a while but have switched to Classic hits now, which I'm enjoying.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Do TodayFM have a discount on Razorlight songs or something? It's the only explanation as to why they play one of their songs what seems like at least once a day now. :confused:

Yeah they usually play them in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,560 ✭✭✭prunudo

Loughc wrote: »
    Yeah they usually play them in the morning.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,786 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

If I had to pick between them or Ed Sheeran ......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,444 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Ed Sheehan, Gavin James, picture this, the coronas, Lewis Capaldi(?), the script....

Ok I’m getting old but I can’t tell the difference between any of the above whiney angst driven “acts”. All the same banal awful “music” that Dermot and Dave in particular seem to be in love with. Dreadful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,786 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

You often read on this RADIO forum about the quality music that is played on TodayFM after the business hours. Some of the DJs have, it appears, free reign to play whatever they like.

And people seem to like it.

I always wonder why then do radio stations insist on playing from a small pool of music during working hours? Is there anything to be gained from playing the same Lewis Capaldi song or Ed Sheeran song 5 times each day on different programs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

I lived in Brisbane for a while and one of the stations there used to play one current and one older song and to me it worked.
    But here in ireland what is the issue with the national stations and others not playing any songs from the 70s 80s 90s all your getting is generic recent crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

There are a lot of ex-TXFM presenters around Today FM this evening. Firstly, Matt Cooper had Dee Reddy and John Caddell (also PD for TXFM) on The Last Word talking about music. Then, at 7pm, Tara Harrison is standing in for Ed Smyth. I'm assuming that Kelly-Anne Byrne is standing in for Paul McLoone at 9pm, which she was last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭RastaRed

There are a lot of ex-TXFM presenters around Today FM this evening. Firstly, Matt Cooper had Dee Reddy and John Caddell (also PD for TXFM) on The Last Word talking about music. Then, at 7pm, Tara Harrison is standing in for Ed Smyth. I'm assuming that Kelly-Anne Byrne is standing in for Paul McLoone at 9pm, which she was last night.

Cathal Funge filled in for Ed on Sunday too, god I still miss TXFM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

RastaRed wrote: »
    Cathal Funge filled in for Ed on Sunday too, god I still miss TXFM

Yup, and Phantom before that :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

I almost spilt my tea yesterday when I heard the start of This Must be The Place by Talking Heads. I genuinely had to ask a colleague if we were still on todayFM.

It's weird how they can play so much generic crap over and over again everyday, then randomly throw in 1 or 2 completely different older ones. If they just balanced it out a bit more (in regards to work day listening) it would be genuinely much more enjoyable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Pineapple1

Could be a lot worse lads. Switched to 2fm yesterday and jenifer zamp talking about how to do anal with an "expert".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Pineapple1 wrote: »
    Could be a lot worse lads. Switched to 2fm yesterday and jenifer zamp talking about how to do anal with an "expert".

Got a link?

Anyone hear uncle Ferg doing his bit about women's perfume earlier? :confused:

Jesus, I'd say there's something seriously wrong with this lad. As long as he had a sound effects machine, he could probably entertain himself alone all day in an empty room just talking away to himself doing voices and having pretend conversations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

He’s a very very strange individual.
    Anyone hear uncle Ferg doing his bit about women's perfume earlier? :confused:

Jesus, I'd say there's something seriously wrong with this lad. As long as he had a sound effects machine, he could probably entertain himself alone all day in an empty room just talking away to himself doing voices and having pretend conversations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

johnire wrote: »
    He’s a very very strange individual.

Extremely

Advertisement