Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Mairead and her shows is really poor. It has fallen down the lowest common denominator route.

“I had a Spicebag last night. Aren’t they the best ever?!!!!! Such an Irish thing. Txt in if you’ve had a Spicebag”.

She was a massive part of what made the D’Arcy show one of best shows on radio. But now she’s leading Mammy FM. Does less than nothing for me.

Switch to Tracy Clifford on 2FM at 12. You won’t be disappointed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭PhoneMain

Fake laughing

Dont listen to her. Her ads for the shows at other times during the day dont give me any desire to start listening to her again either!!

Today FM is such a long way from the great days of Foley, Fenton and Darcy before he turned into an ar$e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭statto25

I think we are at that point now where acceptance that the station is no longer what it was and the only solution is to turn the dial.
    The old days were great, the new ones not so great bordering on sh1te.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭PhoneMain

statto25 wrote: »
    I think we are at that point now where acceptance that the station is no longer what it was and the only solution is to turn the dial.
    The old days were great, the new ones not so great bordering on sh1te.

Still some aspects I like tho, D&D I enjoy, for the most part I enjoy TLW and enjoy it more than the Hard Shoulder. Ed Smith is very good. Fergal D'Arcy is on in the background in work and I actually find his music to be ok, it's not ALL modern day stuff, he does tend to turn back the dial a bit.
    I enjoy the Classic 9 at 11 on Saturdays and really enjoyed Mario Rosenstock when he was on at the weekends.

Alternatives arent great tho, esp out of Dublin. Cant abide 2FM myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,777 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Mairead and her shows is really poor. It has fallen down the lowest common denominator route.

“I had a Spicebag last night. Aren’t they the best ever?!!!!! Such an Irish thing. Txt in if you’ve had a Spicebag”.

I would rarely listen to TodayFM during the day, as I would have little interest in what they have to talk about or listen to Ed Sheeran, Dermot Kennedy or Harry styles on repeat.

But heard that guy on before The Last Word the other day, and he was chatting about the mad things you did as a kid. A few times I had the misfortune to hear him, it was similar stuff, all based around stuff that happened to you when you were young. Seems to give him plenty of 'content'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭statto25

PhoneMain wrote: »
    Still some aspects I like tho, D&D I enjoy, for the most part I enjoy TLW and enjoy it more than the Hard Shoulder. Ed Smith is very good. Fergal D'Arcy is on in the background in work and I actually find his music to be ok, it's not ALL modern day stuff, he does tend to turn back the dial a bit.
    I enjoy the Classic 9 at 11 on Saturdays and really enjoyed Mario Rosenstock when he was on at the weekends.

I was a fan of D&D but the music continued to decline and their "banter" just wore thin. I enjoy nonie though. Ed Smith I do enjoy but it's outside my listening times. Cannot suffer D'Arcy personally. I've started to listen to UK stations now online and although the news isn't relevant, the music and chat is far better than any Irish offering

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,155 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

PsychoPete wrote: »
    I heard some clip of her show the other day and it was just her trying to read something while roaring laughing at something stupid

Just following on from the show before her so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭RINO87

PhoneMain wrote: »

The Paul McLoone show is really great too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭DrSerious3

Switch to Tracy Clifford on 2FM at 12. You won’t be disappointed

Yes you will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭patrickc

Dermot and Dave were over the top today promoting the new book, I had to switch stations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,447 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I must be the only fan of Dermot and Dave who doesn't like Nonie. Don't find the segment funny, apart from the time she "interviewed" Trump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I must be the only fan of Dermot and Dave who doesn't like Nonie. Don't find the segment funny, apart from the time she "interviewed" Trump.

You’re not. I really like the lads for the most part but the Nonie thing is deeply unfunny to me. I’d instantly mute / change stations if that segment is rolled out. It feels to me like it might be hilarious if you’re from Limerick and know some woman like “Nonie”. Otherwise it sails over your head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Same. Enjoy their show, don't like Nonie. Bring back Chug Stenson!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I like D&D but hate Nonie with a passion. It's completely unfunny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Ed’s songs of praise was fantastic last night absolute corker of a show. Credit where credit is due to today fm for this show!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,155 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Ed’s songs of praise was fantastic last night absolute corker of a show. Credit where credit is due to today fm for this show!

It was brilliant - looking forward to him doing an Indie Songs of Praise every month

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Rackard

Hate Nonie too - was funny for a week when he first did it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Flange/Flanders

Rackard wrote: »
      Hate Nonie too - was funny for a week when he first did it.

Different strokes for differnt folks. The sketch about Limerick was the funniest thing I heard on radio in years, I was splitting my sides laughing at it. As I said, different strokes.

1. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,922 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Sounds like Shauna is being sent to death.

Frees up a spot on the schedule since she had her own show. Probably will let Paula back to her slot as the other ladies shuffle.

2. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

pjohnson wrote: »

Frees up a spot on the schedule since she had her own show. Probably will let Paula back to her slot as the other ladies shuffle.

To be fair Shauna is there a very very long time and is really highly thought of.

3. Advertisement
    4. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

She is keeping her Saturday show, just leaving the breakfast show

5. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭radiotrickster

There’s a new weekend show being added with a different guest presenter each week. Gavin James is doing the first one.

https://radiotoday.ie/2021/04/today-fm-asks-whose-show-is-it-anyway/

6. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭statto25

There’s a new weekend show being added with a different guest presenter each week. Gavin James is doing the first one.

https://radiotoday.ie/2021/04/today-fm-asks-whose-show-is-it-anyway/

Dermot Kennedy too. We should start a pools to guess the other presenters. I'm gonna go with Danny O'Reilly and yer man from Kodaline. Add in some insta bloggers and job done. Winner of the pools gets a day out with Fergal D'Arcy at his old school

7. Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Waccamacca3

ILikeBoats wrote: »
      She is keeping her Saturday show, just leaving the breakfast show

She said she leaving today fm got another job so be interesting who gets 6pm show on Saturday

8. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

That must be a Mon-Fri job

She said she's continuing to do the show.

As does Today FM's twitter

551092.jpg

9. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Dermot Kennedy too. We should start a pools to guess the other presenters. I'm gonna go with Danny O'Reilly and yer man from Kodaline. Add in some insta bloggers and job done. Winner of the pools gets a day out with Fergal D'Arcy at his old school

Wonder will they get to play whatever they want or same old playlist

10. Registered Users Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Bressie.

11. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Is she daughter of Willie o Reilly and Ian Dempsey’s goddaughter?

12. Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Waccamacca3

ILikeBoats wrote: »
      That must be a Mon-Fri job

She said she's continuing to do the show.

As does Today FM's twitter

551092.jpg

Sure why make such a big thing she only leaving the Mon-Fri job. She ain't leaving today fm then. I thought she be leaving completely 🙄🙄🙄🙄

13. Advertisement
    14. Registered Users Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭hold my beer

To be fair Shauna is there a very very long time and is really highly thought of.

6 years. Thought it was longer myself. Or maybe that's just how long she was on Ian's show.

Edit: yep 6 years on Ian Dempsey show. She was great craic on Ray Foley's NTN podcast

Advertisement