Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

robo wrote: »
    Biggest mistake ever - I loved the way he interviewed people, you never knew which side of the fence he was on with some interviews, :D

sounds like the politicians he coaches

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭Tork

sounds like the politicians he coaches

Yeah, he's on a sticky wicket when it comes to his day job. I think he'd make for a fine current affairs presenter but that's not going to happen because of who he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Tork wrote: »
    Yeah, he's on a sticky wicket when it comes to his day job. I think he'd make for a fine current affairs presenter but that's not going to happen because of who he is.

But does he want to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Biggest mistake ever - I loved the way he interviewed people, you never knew which side of the fence he was on with some interviews, it was great a real pro at communications (it wasn't off the ground he licked it) :D

Terry "You'll find no mass grave, no evidence that children were ever so buried" Prone? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭Tork

But does he want to.
    He'd be mad to. I'm sure he's doing very well from the Communications Clinic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Tork wrote: »
    He'd be mad to. I'm sure he's doing very well from the Communications Clinic.

He did both jobs when he was with Today FM

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭lilywhitearmy

I'd say Mairead and Fergal are beside themselves with excitement at getting to play July from tomorrow if the weather stays nice 😴

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭statto25

I'd say Mairead and Fergal are beside themselves with excitement at getting to play July from tomorrow if the weather stays nice ��

Thanks for the heads up....septic tune

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭FarmerBrowne

Please, please, please today FM will you drop this ridiculous 5 at 5 bull$h!t, I can't listen to that bit any more if it's on in the car. Just let the person read the phucking news without this ridiculous to'ing and fro'ing.

Please, please, please today FM will you drop this ridiculous 5 at 5 bull$h!t, I can't listen to that bit any more if it's on in the car. Just let the person read the phucking news without this ridiculous to'ing and fro'ing.

It is ridiculous. I mean, I've heard Matt talk about an issue for 10 minutes, then have very issue be the first or second 5 at 5 question. "What did the Health Minister say about trampolines?" "Well just a second ago, Matt, he told you that they can make you forgetful!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Agreed. It's a stupid format

Irish News and current affairs radio is dumbing down across the board, the today show and drivetime show on Radio 1 have recently been dumbed down to ordinary level

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭Snorlaxx

Its funny actually, I like Matty on the TV, but cant stand listening to him on the Radio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,199 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Paul McLoone has joined the hip kids and launched a new show on Spotify.
    https://open.spotify.com/show/0q54KJ19hVL4zRqjgnuwXG?si=lXsy67RLQde9DAhsVgEzwQ&utm_source=copy-link&dl_branch=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭Snorlaxx

Christ on a bike, Pamela is just making Sun night unlistenable, pure tripe shes playin tonight.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'm not even listening, i have even missed a bunch of Ed's shows now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Voted with my ears and will turn on the wireless in 20 mins

Snorlaxx wrote: »
    Christ on a bike, Pamela is just making Sun night unlistenable, pure tripe shes playin tonight.

Can confirm. Arrived in "late", forgot Ed wasn't on until 10, and caught the last 20 minutes. Pamela's just not an evening DJ. Or at least, trying to do a daytime radio show on a Sunday evening just doesn't work for her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Today FM wished Ed a happy birthday on Instagram yesterday, nearly every comment was people saying happy birthday and how much they miss Ed's Songs of Praise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭robo

It infuriates me when radio stations make changes that are not the right idea - I know loads of people who tuned into Ed on a Sunday night (7- 10pm) and then I have never seen bad comments about the show on here so why the hell did the heads change it. I would easily turn off the tv on s Sunday & listen to his show - 10pm is just too late.
    7-10pm on a Sunday night, and the format was great - WHY DID THEY HAVE TO CHANGE IT!!!

I don't want to bash Pamela - she is doing a great job, but the type of chat and music doesn't suit the Sunday evening audience. Give her a day time slot or weekend daytime, but Sunday nights is just not the slot. Correct me if I am wrong, but before Ed, we had Nadine O'Regan and she used to do interviews and play songs in relation to the interviews a few years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭nc6000

This was the show, I'm surprised it's still on the website. Normally they get removed when shows end.

https://www.todayfm.com/podcasts/songs-in-the-key-of-life-with-nadine-o-39-regan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭robo

nc6000 wrote: »
    This was the show, I'm surprised it's still on the website. Normally they get removed when shows end.

https://www.todayfm.com/podcasts/songs-in-the-key-of-life-with-nadine-o-39-regan

Thats it - what a mix of guests she had on.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

New jingles from today as part of the Bauer rebrand.

https://radiotoday.ie/2021/07/today-fm-rebrands-with-new-jingles-from-wisebuddah/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,436 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Thats it - what a mix of guests she had on.

I remeber that, it was a pretty good listen. I'd prob only heard of half the people on as guests but the music was varied and sometimes eclectic. I remember driving one sunday listening to that show and they played sigur ros and bauhaus after each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,138 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Nadine O'Regan's show had been on TXFM and was moved to Today FM during the summer of 2016, a number of months prior to the closure of TXFM. Eventually, it was dropped from Today FM.

They've had those on air for a week or two, they don't sound that good to me, I don't think singing jingles suit today fm

It infuriates me when radio stations make changes that are not the right idea - I know loads of people who tuned into Ed on a Sunday night (7- 10pm) and then I have never seen bad comments about the show on here so why the hell did the heads change it. I would easily turn off the tv on s Sunday & listen to his show - 10pm is just too late.
    7-10pm on a Sunday night, and the format was great - WHY DID THEY HAVE TO CHANGE IT!!!

I don't want to bash Pamela - she is doing a great job, but the type of chat and music doesn't suit the Sunday evening audience. Give her a day time slot or weekend daytime, but Sunday nights is just not the slot. Correct me if I am wrong, but before Ed, we had Nadine O'Regan and she used to do interviews and play songs in relation to the interviews a few years ago.
    There had been an indie show on Sunday evenings for most of the stations life, Alison Curtis did the last splash in that slot for about 10/12 years

That interview show that Nadine O'Regan used to present on TXFM and then on Today FM was called Songs in the Key of Life. She used to present an arts magazine type show on Phantom (TXFM's previous guise) called The Kiosk.

There are not many left from Phantom/TXFM that are still involved with Today FM.

Up until recently, Claire Beck was presenting some programs. I'm not sure if she is still there.

John Caddell, who was PD and presenter on TXFM, is Assistant Programmer and Content Director. He turns up on The Last Word as a music contributor.

Esther Moore O'Donoghue, who did a brief stint as a presenter on TXFM and the only one mentioned here who did not go back to Phantom, is still doing AA Roadwatch traffic reports as far as I know.

One person who goes back to Phantom, but not TXFM, is Alison Curtis who is still there on Today FM.

I think that's it - AFAIK Cathal Funge is no longer involved with Today FM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,199 ✭✭✭✭flazio

That interview show that Nadine O'Regan used to present on TXFM and then on Today FM was called Songs in the Key of Life. She used to present an arts magazine type show on Phantom (TXFM's previous guise) called The Kiosk.

There are not many left from Phantom/TXFM that are still involved with Today FM.

Up until recently, Claire Beck was presenting some programs. I'm not sure if she is still there.

John Caddell, who was PD and presenter on TXFM, is Assistant Programmer and Content Director. He turns up on The Last Word as a music contributor.

Esther Moore O'Donoghue, who did a brief stint as a presenter on TXFM and the only one mentioned here who did not go back to Phantom, is still doing AA Roadwatch traffic reports as far as I know.

One person who goes back to Phantom, but not TXFM, is Alison Curtis who is still there on Today FM.

I think that's it - AFAIK Cathal Funge is no longer involved with Today FM.
    She presented early breakfast this morning. Her usual slot is Saturday 9pm to midnight.

• Advertisement

Further to the previous, I keep forgetting that Dave Moore (of Dermot and Dave) presented a few heavy metal shows on TXFM!

Advertisement