Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

IUA14 wrote: »
    With everything else he has going on would he want it tho? He's over in NYC every other month and touring with APELLA. Himself and Brian Maher could be a decent shout.
    Unless they go in at 2:30
    I can’t see them going for a double act. You’d have Dermot & Dave then Dara and Brian. Would that be too much?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Cooper mentioned the Al Porter allegations on the last word tonight it’s the first mention I’ve heard on Today FM yet

He mentioned it yesterday but I don't think he discussed it in any way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Muireann read a short statement before she started the show yesterday, saying that he had resigned,
    Man she's hyper, or giddy or....something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

Cooper mentioned the Al Porter allegations on the last word tonight it’s the first mention I’ve heard on Today FM yet

Was covered really well by Matt after the 5 O clock news last night. He just ran through the time line of what happened. He addressed the fact that he kept saying alleged. It was along the lines of "I keep using that word not because I disbelieve what has been said or impune the integrity of the people who came forward. These claims have not been adjudicated on and as such they are allegations until proved otherwise"

Seemed a lot more weighted towards the complainants without been explicitly in their favour than I had every heard from MC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭paulbok

Joe Donnelly as an outside bet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Indo is saying that Porter was on 140k a year, how is that even possible?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,251 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Mc Love wrote: »
    Indo is saying that Porter was on 140k a year, how is that even possible?

Good agent ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Maybe that's the going rate for a prime time show on a national radio station? Also, Today FM has been on the slide for a while so the powers that be decided it was time to go for a big name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Maybe that's the going rate for a prime time show on a national radio station? Also, Today FM has been on the slide for a while so the powers that be decided it was time to go for a big name.

ok, but how did they end up with Al?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

I wish they hadn't - I've never got the appeal but then I'm not the intended audience.

Having said that, if this scandal hadn't blown up and ruined everything, he could have been a very good signing for the station. The trend on radio stations these days seems to be for employing personalities rather than proper presenters. In Al they had an up and coming comedian who was starting to make a name for himself. Ratings were starting to go up as well. So he was doing fine and perhaps would have continued to build an audience. If only....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Missing Al terribly. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

TBH I never really got into him, even before all of the dodgy stuff came to light.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Well that's one anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,960 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Well now I have major doubts over Quilty if he caters to Porters fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

Was always surprised that Muireann didn't get the slot.

However, for selfish reasons I hope that Quilty doesn't get Al's slot, as then I'm down my drive home programme given that Cooper has gone off the boil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,445 ✭✭✭JoeA3

There really is no escaping Muireann. She’s on for Dempsey this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Wonder will she do Ian's show and be back on at 12?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Wonder will she do Ian's show and be back on at 12?

It’ll be Joe Donnelly I guess but Muireann did say she was in all week on Monday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

I think Joe is in for Muireann at 12

It’ll be Joe Donnelly I guess but Muireann did say she was in all week on Monday

Well she is - she has done five shows this week.

• Advertisement

threein99 wrote: »
    I think Joe is in for Muireann at 12
    I like Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭penelope2012

Me too!
    I like Joe.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Listening to Joe Donnelly is like a scourge on the ears. I don’t know who told him that he’d a voice for radio.

I hadn't heard Joe before, I enjoyed the show.

He was engaging without being hyper and was very confident/slick for a stand in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

ezra_ wrote: »
    I hadn't heard Joe before, I enjoyed the show.

He was engaging without being hyper and was very confident/slick for a stand in.

He had his own show on TX FM, hes excellent and knows his music. I think just because he doesnt have the generic Fergal Darcy dj voice people dont warm to him.

Heard a rumour that Al might not be replaced at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭IUA14

Heard a rumour that Al might not be replaced at all.

So dead air from 12-2.30? Cause if not then he will have been replaced...

Dermott & Dave at 10-1, Fearghal D'Arcy at 1-4, The Last Word at 4-7. That's what I'm assuming. Like the 2FM weekday schedule.

They could have easily done that when Anton Savage resigned last year, meaning we wouldn't be in this situation now.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭IUA14

Dermott & Dave at 10-1, Fearghal D'Arcy at 1-4, The Last Word at 4-7. That's what I'm assuming. Like the 2FM weekday schedule.

They could have easily done that when Anton Savage resigned last year, meaning we wouldn't be in this situation now.

Not a hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Juniper Petite Sordidness

Dead air would be an improvement on al

Advertisement