Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Juniper Petite Sordidness

They have already said she is a temporary replacement, she will not get it. Period. She's awful anyway.

Ya, shocker here for you, temporary can be made permanent....im starting to dislike this quilty guy already

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Perhaps Mikey could set up his own station and have his dream line up!

7-10am Breakfast with Dara Quilty
    10-1pm Mornings with Dara Quilty
    1-4pm Afternoons with Dara Quilty
    4-7pm Drive Time with Dara Quilty
    7-9pm Dara Quilty
    9pm - 12pm Love songs with Dara Quilty

Overnights with music, so Dara can rest for the night.

Saturday's and Sundays would simply be Weekends with. . .Dara Quilty. YAY!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,445 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Tbh I would never know the guy exists only for his adoring fan club on here. He’s on 98 / 104 FM I take it? A local / regional station that 70% of the country never hear...

The day time on Today FM is fine now, and I would be happy to hear of Muireann taking over from Al permanently. Surely anyone has to be better than Porter, though. I guess Muireann may not want a permanent slot, if she also wants to focus on the TV3 show.

Fergal is good to listen to as well. I don't know what he was like in the beginning, so I can't comment.

I do miss the earlier days of Today FM. Whatever about the great presenters, but the music was a lot more varied. I'd love if the station provided a lot more variety than what is currently being played. It's not uncommon to hear the same songs played twice or three times a day. There was no such repetition back a few years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Trebor176 wrote: »

7-9pm Dara Quilty

Very funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,960 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Tbh I would never know the guy exists only for his adoring fan club on here. He’s on 98 / 104 FM I take it? A local / regional station that 70% of the country never hear...

I dont think one person is a club. But like said before he manages to appeal to Al Porter fans AND now people who will happily listen to 2FM so based of those demographics.....nope keep him away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Juniper Petite Sordidness

Trebor176 wrote: »

7-9pm Dara Quilty

Laura Whitmore subs in for him

Laura Whitmore subs in for him

She'd provide the entertainment news / celeb goss. .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I like Fergal Darcy now, having intensely disliked him when he started. He's a hell of a lot better than when he started and he has the sense to use his producer, Ed Smith, as a sort of co-presenter, which works very well..

I think the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭reg114

The One Note Guessing Game.
    When I Was 17.
    The odd Apella tune.
    His sense of humour.
    Being absolutely nothing like Al Porter.

Ha apparently Appella is a band and guess who is in it... dara quilty. Never heard of them. So ur basically saying Dara plays his own music on his own show literally. Priceless :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Rackard

wouldn't it be nice for Paula MacSweeney to see a bit of daylight?

:rolleyes:
    Jesus no. Would be an utter disaster. Painful DJ.
    Muireann should get it. Safe hands and all that. As you say, they might already have other options in mind.
    Anyone but Macsweeney though please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 939 ✭✭✭mikep

I don't get all the love for Muireann..I find her utterly annoying with her inane chatter, she sticks to the predetermined jukebox playlist and has no clue about music..recently she mentioned how much she loved the original version of Galway Girl by  Mundy!
    Everyday she comes in and makes a statement along the lines of "I used a plastic bag today...they are sooooo mad! text in your best plastic bags stories and I'll give you a shout out"
    Bland inane drivel....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

mikep wrote: »
    I don't get all the love for Muireann..I find her utterly annoying with her inane chatter, she sticks to the predetermined jukebox playlist and has no clue about music..recently she mentioned how much she loved the original version of Galway Girl by  Mundy!
    Everyday she comes in and makes a statement along the lines of "I used a plastic bag today...they are sooooo mad! text in your best plastic bags stories and I'll give you a shout out"
    Bland inane drivel....

Yeah, gotta agree. I kinda liked her at the start but she gets fairly annoying after a while. But i guess thats what they're looking for for the lunch time slot. Fluff radio. That's all Today FM seems to be now though - text us in your stories radio, or pick a song between these two, or polls...i dont listen to her, but Paula MacSweeney ads are the same.."here's what we talked about this morning, your five favourite chocolate bars!!! So crazzzy."

Anton was the best thing on the station, able to have a decent conversation, good humor and good mix of music . Fair play to him for sticking to his guns. Would gladly listen to whatever radio show/station he pops up in next.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Rackard

Bland inane drivel....

Yep - she gets over excited alright. But they're all at the same crap unfortunately.

Rackard wrote: »
    Yep - she gets over excited alright. But they're all at the same crap unfortunately.

Yeah cones across as hyper and over enthusiastic about bog standard stuff, but shes no different than most, shes probably the best of a bad lot. I think the producer Pamela would be good, nice voice, and not loud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I don't get all the love for Muireann..I find her utterly annoying with her inane chatter, she sticks to the predetermined jukebox playlist and has no clue about music..recently she mentioned how much she loved the original version of Galway Girl by Mundy!
    Bland inane drivel....
    :D

I don't find her too bad in the afternoon but she wrecks my head in the 9-12 slot.

But that appears to be the way TodayFM is going, personality driven radio, rather than shows where the music drives the show.

Showing my age on that because I find very few songs on the radio now that I willingly listen to after being played hour after hour on every show on the station.

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Yeah, gotta agree. I kinda liked her at the start but she gets fairly annoying after a while. But i guess thats what they're looking for for the lunch time slot. Fluff radio. That's all Today FM seems to be now though - text us in your stories radio, or pick a song between these two, or polls...i dont listen to her, but Paula MacSweeney ads are the same.."here's what we talked about this morning, your five favourite chocolate bars!!! So crazzzy."

Anton was the best thing on the station, able to have a decent conversation, good humor and good mix of music . Fair play to him for sticking to his guns. Would gladly listen to whatever radio show/station he pops up in next.

Don't inflict Paula on us, a poor imitation of Louise Duffy, and I'm sure no one wants her rambling on about her fella....Another dire choice would be the bland Alison "do you have babies" Curtis

Don't inflict Paula on us, a poor imitation of Louise Duffy, and I'm sure no one wants her rambling on about her fella....Another dire choice would be the bland Alison "do you have babies" Curtis

I hear you talking about Paulas fella far more than I actually hear her talking about him. Dara Quilty and Paula's fella are two of the most popular topics of this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Al was as bad, my boyfriend this and my boyfriend that, my boyfriends family...

Addle wrote: »
    Al was as bad, my boyfriend this and my boyfriend that, my boyfriends family...

Don't forget the Mammy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

I'd say Al moved back in at home

we heard enough about the big move out anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

Any chance of Hector getting the lunchtime slot?

At 12pm everybody would be well able to listen to him!

Love him or hate him he is different!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

gamecube wrote: »

There's a problem - he lives in Galway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

There's a problem - he lives in Galway.

park up the outside broadcast unit near his gaff

gamecube wrote: »

rather just have drill sounds for the 2 and a half hours instead of hector

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Matt Cooper on yesterdays show pronounced hi-fi brand "BOSE" as "BO-say". Seriously?

Most (if not the whole) of the show was dedicated to adult toys and gadgets for Christmas. The reviewers went from knowledgeable to clueless (mainly the latter), but the real problem with it was it one of those ideas that needed a visual accompaniment to work. Just really bad radio - and TLW would be what I mostly listen to in the evenings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Matt Cooper on yesterdays show pronounced hi-fi brand "BOSE" as "BO-say". Seriously?

Most (if not the whole) of the show was dedicated to adult toys and gadgets for Christmas. The reviewers went from knowledgeable to clueless (mainly the latter), but the real problem with it was it one of those ideas that needed a visual accompaniment to work. Just really bad radio - and TLW would be what I mostly listen to in the evenings.

I heard the guy reviewing the drones. It was terrible, he didn't have a clue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,445 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I heard some of it. Ridiculous.
    Why didn't they have the resident tech expert on? Adrian Weckler I think his name is? At least he's reasonably knowledgeable about the subject and is quite good on segments like that.

Its just another example of the dumbing down of the programme. The likes of Louise Duffy and Susan Keogh giggling about hair brushes FFS.

I'm suprised no has whinged about the competitions yet.

• Advertisement

JoeA3 wrote: »
    I heard some of it. Ridiculous.
    Why didn't they have the resident tech expert on? Adrian Weckler I think his name is? At least he's reasonably knowledgeable about the subject and is quite good on segments like that.

Its just another example of the dumbing down of the programme. The likes of Louise Duffy and Susan Keogh giggling about hair brushes FFS.

The tech / car guy? who was on last night is generally good and should , the entertainment.ie guy cant string two words together hes awful.

Advertisement