Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Dempsey with the mystery voice thing in the morning , when the callers in get it wrong ,he says "don't let it spoil your weekend/ christmas! " etc. , he needs to get over himself a bit , some of those radio presenters don't really live in the real world , cocooned away only interacting with one or two people in the studio, his show used to be relaxing but he's starting to get a bit monotonous/ predictable and annoying recently, and especially that gift grub slot and his shameless promotion of the live shows 6 months in advance is a bit ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,445 ✭✭✭JoeA3

BPKS wrote: »
    Agreed. The best 3 shows on the station.

I actually dont mind Phil Cawley on Saturday mornings (an hour or 2 a week of Phil is just about grand!) and Neil Delamere's show on Sundays is alright too.

Agreed. There's a couple of duds in the weekend line up too (Alison Curtis, Hector) but overall I much prefer it over the weekday lineup as a whole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I'm fighting with Today FM. They owe me prize money and are ignoring my attempts to contact them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    I'm fighting with Today FM. They owe me prize money and are ignoring my attempts to contact them.

What did you win

A nice chunk of change from Ian Dempsey! Said it'd be with me within a certain timeframe, that expired two weeks ago. I know I shouldn't be moaning about getting free money but they aren't very forthcoming with information or returning calls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Oops69 wrote: »
    Dempsey with the mystery voice thing in the morning , when the callers in get it wrong ,he says "don't let it spoil your weekend/ christmas! " etc. , he needs to get over himself a bit
    Some callers do seem terribly disappointed and/or shocked when they're guess is wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

A nice chunk of change from Ian Dempsey! Said it'd be with me within a certain timeframe, that expired two weeks ago. I know I shouldn't be moaning about getting free money but they aren't very forthcoming with information or returning calls.
    It's only free when you have it and you don't have it yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

You should ring Joe Duffy for the laugh - 1850 715815.......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭penelope2012

Same thing happened to me a year or so ago, it was a small win but it never arrived. We should start a thread for this it would be interesting to see if it happens often with Today FM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

That’s disgraceful-do they just ignore your contacts?
    Same thing happened to me a year or so ago, it was a small win but it never arrived. We should start a thread for this it would be interesting to see if it happens often with Today FM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,242 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So it's looking like Paula McSweeney might not be getting the midday slot as she seems to be back on early breakfast. I've not heard her I've seen her tweeting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So it's looking like Paula McSweeney might not be getting the midday slot as she seems to be back on early breakfast. I've not heard her I've seen her tweeting it.
    My money is on Alison Quilty or Dara Spittle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

WILD CARD ENTRY TO REPLACE AL PORTER - Row-wee Cowan.

Crap jokes? Check.
    Jokes that your granddad found old? Check.
    Laughs at own jokes? Check.
    Innuendo in every comment? Check.
    Patently unfunny? Check.
    Shameless self-promoter? Check.
    Humblebragger? Check.
    Drama Queen? Check.
    Hugely inflated sense of self-importance? Check.
    One of de gheys? Check.

Based on the above, he's a shoe in!

In case anyone is in any doubt, I am joking.....but it is Today FM...you never know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

I'm pretty sure I've seen other boardies mention this too. Not recently but within the past 2 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

She was away on honeymoon for the past few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭penelope2012

yes no matter how many times you ring and they keep saying it will be sent but it never arrives.
    johnire wrote: »
    That’s disgraceful-do they just ignore your contacts?

Does Conor pope still do a bit on today fm or did he feck off with darcy to RTÉ ? If he's not connected to today it might be worth dropping him a line as I think he has a newspaper column or did.

It seems everything in Marconi house is a mess not just the on air side of things.

Does Conor pope still do a bit on today fm or did he feck off with darcy to RTÉ ? If he's not connected to today it might be worth dropping him a line as I think he has a newspaper column or did.

It seems everything in Marconi house is a mess not just the on air side of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,638 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Does Conor pope still do a bit on today fm or did he feck off with darcy to RT? If he's not connected to today it might be worth dropping him a line as I think he has a newspaper column or did.

Works for the Irish Times = persona non grata around Marconi house these days.

Doesn't he do his piece on RTE these days anyway?

Works for the Irish Times = persona non grata around Marconi house these days.

Doesn't he do his piece on RTE these days anyway?

Ah yeah that little unpleasantness. I'd forgot about that. He could do it in the Irish times and lay it on thick.

• Advertisement

Well I've gotten through to them and they've said they'd follow up with the "promotions team". So I think that means I'll just have to be a nuisance and mail them every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭reg114

Well I've gotten through to them and they've said they'd follow up with the "promotions team". So I think that means I'll just have to be a nuisance and mail them every day.

If you have a twitter account or facebook or both use it, if you embarrass a company publicly they are usually much quicker to sort you out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

reg114 wrote: »
    If you have a twitter account or facebook or both use it, if you embarrass a company publicly they are usually much quicker to sort you out.

And tag 2fm etc etc and they might even pay ya them selfs for the publicity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Prizes are usually sponsored.
    Contact the sponsor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Never Say Never Again

For the first time in 16 years, Bob Conboy won't be on the station this christmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

WILD CARD ENTRY TO REPLACE AL PORTER - Row-wee Cowan.

Crap jokes? Check.
    Jokes that your granddad found old? Check.
    Laughs at own jokes? Check.
    Innuendo in every comment? Check.
    Patently unfunny? Check.
    Shameless self-promoter? Check.
    Humblebragger? Check.
    Drama Queen? Check.
    Hugely inflated sense of self-importance? Check.
    One of de gheys? Check.

Based on the above, he's a shoe in!

In case anyone is in any doubt, I am joking.....but it is Today FM...you never know!

Well he always wanted a little radio gig, to pass away the wee hours of the day, but what about us :rolleyes:

pricewatch@rte.ie should do

Here is the contact info

Afaik head of the promotion team is on twitter:D
    For the first time in 16 years, Bob Conboy won't be on the station this christmas

Who :P
    I heard the ad, are any of those shows live?
    as Fergal has his friends on later on, no doubt they're recorded interviews, who wants to be live on the radio on xmas day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

*Conway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Never Say Never Again

My tablet changed it to Conboy:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

My tablet changed it to Conboy:-)
    Thinly veiled 'I have a tablet' post:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Historybluff

A panel on the The Last Word is reviewing the events of 2017. Along with Matt Cooper, there's Lise Hand and two other journalists whose names I didn't catch. The bias they are showing is extraordinary. Their discussion of Donald Trump consists of mockery and grandstanding. Criticizing Trump's election catch cry, one of them said that America has never been great for anyone except white men - an extraordinarily ignorant statement. There's no attempt to weight his faults (of which there are many) against his successes, such as tax reform. It's sad that the Irish media is so biased when discussing Trump. It does not serve its readers.

Advertisement