Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Someone from the sindo tweeted this morning congratulations to Vouge Williams for new radio gig but the tweet was deleted
    Did they specify Today FM?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Never Say Never Again

Nope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,808 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

In fairness vouge has worked as a dj before and she used to have a show on phantom fm. People will also be happy that a woman got the job.

With the number of female presenters and voices appearing on Irish radio these days, people will start calling the stations anti-male.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,946 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

In fairness vouge has worked as a dj before and she used to have a show on phantom fm

She what!???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Juniper Petite Sordidness

If it's true, it makes a lot of sense. The station proved by hiring Al Porter that being a competent radio presenter isn't important. Vogue's exactly the sort of vacuous media "personality" they'd love to have on their books. I'm not quite sure what she does but she has managed to make a name for herself.

Do the youth of Ireland actually care about Vague. She's tried being a DJ, a wag for Brian McFadden, journalist, a TV presenter, health "guru", Documentary maker, Model, and author (I'm probably missing a few other attempts) and all have failed....I cant see the youth actually giving a toss that its her

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Do the youth of Ireland actually care about Vague. She's tried being a DJ, a wag for Brian McFadden, journalist, a TV presenter, health "guru", Documentary maker, Model, and author (I'm probably missing a few other attempts) and all have failed....I cant see the youth actually giving a toss that its her
    If she has a good show on air, then the rest is immaterial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Do the youth actually listen to the radio?

Yes, some of them must do, breakfast republic is booming.

Replacing old style djs with names to appel to the youth is nothing new. Over 17 years ago today fm replaced Tim Kelly with Ray Darcy, Darcy was only hiried because 18/25s at the time would have grown up with him on jo maxi and the Den . In his 14 years there he never learned how to work the buttons but hiring him was one of the best business decisions the station ever made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

FWIW, Vogue did a show on Spin (part of Communicorp) a few years ago. It was basically a Saturday night party show and from memory the whole show was pre-recorded. I don't know this for sure but despite her claims of being a DJ (of the dance variety) I'd suspect it was just her doing a VO over pre-recorded mixes mixed by someone who actually knew what they were doing....or I suppose you could just use beatmatching software to do it these days. Obviously it was shoyte....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Juniper Petite Sordidness

FWIW, Vogue did a show on Spin (part of Communicorp) a few years ago. It was basically a Saturday night party show and from memory the whole show was pre-recorded. I don't know this for sure but despite her claims of being a DJ (of the dance variety) I'd suspect it was just her doing a VO over pre-recorded mixes mixed by someone who actually knew what they were doing....or I suppose you could just use beatmatching software to do it these days. Obviously it was shoyte....
    her agent seems to be persistent in getting her work and coverage, she's a dj/"author"/tv host/model/documentary "maker" - almost as nauseating as Amy Huberman being everywhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

her agent seems to be persistent in getting her work and coverage, she's a dj/"author"/tv host/model/documentary "maker" - almost as nauseating as Amy Huberman being everywhere

You have two bullets and you have to choose between Amy Huberman, Amanda Brunker and Vogue Williams AND spend the rest of your life with the 3rd woman? Choose wisely.

I think I'd shoot myself twice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Mr Snow

Kelly Anne Byrne in all week for Paul McLoone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Mr Snow wrote: »
    Kelly Anne Byrne in all week for Paul McLoone

This is a bit like when she was the weeknight presenter on TXFM, except is was slightly earlier!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Was Muireanns mom on the red-bull constantly when she was pregnant with her, she's getting more and more hyper, I did like her, but cant last more than 10min now when she starts story telling..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

That’s exactly the way I feel too!
    I’m sure she’s a really nice person but she is really getting impossible to listen to. She is just so over enthusiastic about everything. It’s really difficult to listen to.
    selous wrote: »
    Was Muireanns mom on the red-bull constantly when she was pregnant with her, she's getting more and more hyper, I did like her, but cant last more than 10min now when she starts story telling..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

If Today FM were to give Muireann the 12pm slot they'd have given it to her

Muireann sounds as excited as a kid running down to open their Christmas presents!

She must be eating a load of chocolate before the show starts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Great hearing Joe on the radio all week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Joe Donnelly tends to make me sleepy when he's on his own. He definitely needs a sidekick when he's on, as he had this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Most people on this thread.

6 months ago........ Al Porter is ****e, give Muireann his slot, she's fantastic.

Today..... Muireann is too energetic, I can't stand her, give the slot to someone else.

I swear to god, the amount of moaning in here is incredible. You could "insert name of best DJ in the world here" and people would still find something to give out about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭statto25

Lads....is that Vogue Williams on with Fergal Darcy?

It is her....it's happening!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Was it announced?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭statto25

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Was it announced?

Darcy mentioned on air that people were texting in asking if it was Vogue Williams on air with him. They both started laughing and saying "who is she, never heard of her"

statto25 wrote: »
    Lads....is that Vogue Williams on with Fergal Darcy?

It is her....it's happening!

Ratings will slide down again, and vogue in about a year's time will look for something to stay in the limelight and while not being actually talented

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Bit of controversy there on the last word at the end of an other wise good piece Nollaig na mban.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,960 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Bit of controversy there on the last word at the end of an other wise good piece Nollaig na mban.

She was very miffed when people picked up on it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

He’s an absolute breath of fresh air. It’s a pleasure to listen to him in the mornings and not have to listen to the nonsense that Dermot and Dave go on with. I really don’t miss eejits doing Instagram stupid voices.
    threein99 wrote: »
    Great hearing Joe on the radio all week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Missed it, what happened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

johnire wrote: »
    He’s an absolute breath of fresh air. It’s a pleasure to listen to him in the mornings and not have to listen to the nonsense that Dermot and Dave go on with. I really don’t miss eejits doing Instagram stupid voices.

He bores me to tears and I always end up switching off. He should be on RTE1, not Today FM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

I don't mind listening to Joe, it's a grand break from Dermot & Dave. I was listening to the last word and I was expecting a few men to text in about how offended they were. It's like people have a mandatory right to be offended by anything these days

Advertisement