Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Its Muireann 12-2 from Jan 22nd which means an extra half hour for Fergal Darcy, every silver lining has a cloud I supose

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭canireally

statto25 wrote: »
    Todayfm twitter confirm its Muireann

Have to say I'm delighted for her. She's never going to be to everyone's taste but she deserved it. She did essentially a 2 year interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Juniper Petite Sordidness

statto25 wrote: »
    Todayfm twitter confirm its Muireann

https://twitter.com/TodayFM/status/951057810078470144

Eh better than Vogue, Porter, Paula Mac and few others suggested, .... I suppose after the report by the NWCI are delighted with this http://www.thejournal.ie/bai-national-womens-council-3782820-Jan2018/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

threein99 wrote: »
    Its Muireann 12-2 from Jan 22nd

12-2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Also on the Limerick Leader. Fair play to her and I wish her all the best, even though I wont be tuning in.

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/290816/limerick-s-muireann-o-connell-to-host-new-lunchtime-show-on-today-fm.html

• Advertisement

MrMac84 wrote: »
    12-2?

Yeah cutting the lunchtime show by 30 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Juniper Petite Sordidness

12-2?

apparently more Ferg, oh great, Spotify for me/work crew so from 2pm so

Dara Quilty was robbed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,445 ✭✭✭JoeA3

You’d have to say well deserved. Not strictly my cup of tea but she seems like a hard worker who did a very long audition to finally land her own slot.

Refreshing that they didn’t pick one of the rumoured Z listers.

JoeA3 wrote: »
    You’d have to say well deserved. Not strictly my cup of tea but she seems like a hard worker who did a very long audition to finally land her own slot.

Refreshing that they didn’t pick one of the rumoured Z listers.

Hopefully the Porter mess will put them off making that choice again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭kg703

Ah jaysus she's only delighted. Good for her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

I agree she’s better than any of them but I’ll be switching off as I just can’t listen to her at all. She’s just so over the top- she really does need to tone it down.
    https://twitter.com/TodayFM/status/951057810078470144

Eh better than Vogue, Porter, Paula Mac and few others suggested, .... I suppose after the report by the NWCI are delighted with this http://www.thejournal.ie/bai-national-womens-council-3782820-Jan2018/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

12-2?
    I'm assuming it's to cater for her TV commitments?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭lambayire

apparently more Ferg, oh great, Spotify for me/work crew so from 2pm so

The countdown start to his show is a race for us at work to slide the dial over to Nova for the afternoon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Might they put the Last Word on from 4-7? Like Ivan Yates show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Darcy will be insufferable now.
    lambayire wrote: »
    The countdown start to his show is a race for us at work to slide the dial over to Nova for the afternoon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I rarely listen to Today FM anymore (apart from The Last Word) but did I hear correctly that Fergal D’Arcy is starting in Spamalot? How exactly did he get this gig? What criteria were used? Is he deemed enough of a star/celeb to carry this?

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

I have loved Today FM for as long as I remember.

Not this incarnation of Today FM you haven't. It's now wall-to-wall drivel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I rarely listen to Today FM anymore (apart from The Last Word) but did I hear correctly that Fergal D’Arcy is starting in Spamalot? How exactly did he get this gig? What criteria were used? Is he deemed enough of a star/celeb to carry this?

He was on Dermot and Dave a good few weeks ago talking about how he got it

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Dannyman76

Happy for her, but she should have been put on the mid morning slot and move D&D back where they belong. A comedy duo conducting serious interviews does not work. I got the impression they were only moved to suit hiring Al Porter anyway.

• Advertisement

The journal has another article about Muireann, and using it to push their gender quota/equality nonsense stance on it by whinging she's the only female between certain times

http://www.thejournal.ie/today-fm-muireann-oconnell-3790025-Jan2018/?utm_source=facebook_short

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,273 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Happy for Muireann, she deserves it and seems like a nice person. Wouldn't be my cup of tea on the radio.

I was a listener to Today FM for about 15 years. Over the past couple of years I have drifted away, completely due to changes like removing Anton and hiring Al Porter.

I rarely listen to Irish radio anymore.. I'm not saying that because I'm some sort of music snob or someone who would turn around and say "Who the hell is Muireann O'Connell?" (If you get me!). Generally I'll stream a podcast or Radio X from the UK (although I'm finding their playlist terribly repetitive lately).

I don't listen to Irish radio as it's all the same rubbish basically. As a big fan of radio, there was a time that the statement from Today FM: "She’ll be kicking off the brand new and exciting show on January 22nd!" would have filled me with some sort of excitement and I would have looked forward to a new personality and show on the station. Now though, I know it'll be the same ole mind numbing crap that Today FM have defaulted to in the last couple of years..

All that said, good luck Muireann! :D

_feedback_ wrote: »
    Happy for Muireann, she deserves it and seems like a nice person. Wouldn't be my cup of tea on the radio.

I was a listener to Today FM for about 15 years. Over the past couple of years I have drifted away, completely due to changes like removing Anton and hiring Al Porter.

I rarely listen to Irish radio anymore.. I'm not saying that because I'm some sort of music snob or someone who would turn around and say "Who the hell is Muireann O'Connell?" (If you get me!). Generally I'll stream a podcast or Radio X from the UK (although I'm finding their playlist terribly repetitive lately).

I don't listen to Irish radio as it's all the same rubbish basically. As a big fan of radio, there was a time that the statement from Today FM: "She’ll be kicking off the brand new and exciting show on January 22nd!" would have filled me with some sort of excitement and I would have looked forward to a new personality and show on the station. Now though, I know it'll be the same ole mind numbing crap that Today FM have defaulted to in the last couple of years..

All that said, good luck Muireann! :D

Tell me you still listen to the King!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,580 ✭✭✭baldbear

She should of got it after Anton. Looks like today fm finally got it right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,273 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Synode wrote: »
    Tell me you still listen to the King!

He's still the best thing on Irish radio :D Actually haven't for a while though, have been listening to Chris Moyles - but would go back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Synode wrote: »
    He was on Dermot and Dave a good few weeks ago talking about how he got it

Could you perhaps elaborate a little further?

Dannyman76 wrote: »
    Happy for her, but she should have been put on the mid morning slot and move D&D back where they belong. A comedy duo conducting serious interviews does not work. I got the impression they were only moved to suit hiring Al Porter anyway.
    She's a bit too hyper for the morning slot for me anyway.

I wish her well but unless they do something about the music on the station, it's like the same 10 songs all day every day, I won't be listening much.

I was only half listening. Seem to remember him talking about the experience he had and the process of how he got it. I'll look back on posts to see when exactly it was

Here it is. 18th December show. 2 hours 29 minutes and 30 seconds in.

https://www.todayfm.com/DermotandDave/listen-back/pagenum-2

• Advertisement

He's very involved with some All Ireland musical society and seemingly has a lot of experience of performing on stage in musicals, iirc.

Advertisement