Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Can’t see Muireann at 12-2 then Susan on TLW and then Louise Duffy straight after that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Yeah, I find it's gone downhill a lot in the last few years. I would prefer a referee hosting the show rather than a participant but the show seems to be a series of opinion pieces instead of a dissection of current affairs.

Like Dunphy before him, a presenter seems to have a finite lifespan on this kind of show and I think Matt has reached the end of his with a while now.

it took 19 minutes after six o'clock this evening before they actually got to discuss the 'cycling' complaint from the late late show last Friday
    6 at 6
    ads
    sport
    ads
    traffic
    ads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,808 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    it took 19 minutes after six o'clock this evening before they actually got to discuss the 'cycling' complaint from the late late show last Friday
    6 at 6
    ads
    sport
    ads
    traffic
    ads

I was driving to work around this time, and just noticed how long it took too, as they had told you about the cycling segment coming up, and I was waiting for it.

Such a long, drawn out show now. I wonder if you actually timed how much discussion there is now, how much it would total? Maybe 1hr max?

Do we really need weather and travel so often?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

I don't think there's a need for the news every hour. I had to turn Kimmage off, I can't bare to listen to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

EPAndlee wrote: »
    I don't think there's a need for the news every hour. I had to turn Kimmage off, I can't bare to listen to him.

You mean you usually listen to the rest of the show with your clothes off? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

You mean you usually listen to the rest of the show with your clothes off? :D

Kimmage was superb last night. Cooper was so uncomfortable with any criticism of brand Munster and the IRFU condoning drug cheats on the sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

Kimmage was superb last night. Cooper was so uncomfortable with any criticism of brand Munster and the IRFU condoning drug cheats on the sport.

Beginning to think Matt needs a rest. He is working too hard. Think it is all getting to him. He is becoming an intolerant ideologue. Not suitable for a show where he is meant to chair debate and ensure all opinions get a fair representation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

quintana76 wrote: »
    Beginning to think Matt needs a rest. He is working too hard. Think it is all getting to him. He is becoming an intolerant ideologue. Not suitable for a show where he is meant to chair debate and ensure all opinions get a fair representation.

He was trying to grill a fitness coach the other day asking him why his FREE online YouTube fitness videos would be difficult for older or infirm people. Jesus give it a rest, he'd argue with anything that had a pulse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Juniper Petite Sordidness

Please lift the irish times contributor ban - cannot take the ones from the journal

If the powers that be had the power or the balls, they'd punish Communicorp for enforcing that ban. It's censorship. Not quite censorship by North Korean standards but it should be unacceptable by ours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Has Muireanm's show started already?

Can you not get to a radio to check?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,062 ✭✭✭✭neris

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    6 at 6
    ads
    sport
    ads
    traffic
    ads

It used to be the same (and may still be) on the breakfast show where the 8am news/sport went for the best part of 15 minutes. While other stations had a song on today were still spouting on about sports, playing ads or that clown collins was having "banter" with dempsey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Juniper Petite Sordidness

Can you not get to a radio to check?

It interrupts his 24/7 play of quiltys show and the repeats ! Its like that episide of fraiser with the fella witb a colecttion of his radio show

It interrupts his 24/7 play of quiltys show and the repeats ! Its like that episide of fraiser with the fella witb a colecttion of his radio show
    Brian Maher is actually my favourite on 98FM, Dara is more high profile though what with Apella and his ex relationship with Daniella Moyles, both strong broadcasters though!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Brian Maher is actually my favourite on 98FM, Dara is more high profile though what with Apella and his ex relationship with Daniella Moyles, both strong broadcasters though!

When you find out MikeyTaylors favourite DJ isn’t Dara Quality.

xHDC.gif

Louise Duffy being the voice of reason on the backlash against friends and if your offended by comedy dont watch it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,175 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

You couldnt make up that TV section.

Matt Cooper giving out about Political Correctness gone mad.

Pot. Kettle. Matt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,959 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

BPKS wrote: »
    You couldnt make up that TV section.

Matt Cooper giving out about Political Correctness gone mad.

Pot. Kettle. Matt.

Matt just cant win no matter what he says

pjohnson wrote: »
    Matt just cant win no matter what he says

Maybe he should try saying less. I liked and respected him when he was a reasonably impartial radio presenter. I've no idea what happened to him but he has now joined forces with the opinionated sheep who group think :(

• Advertisement

Maybe he should try saying less. I liked and respected him when he was a reasonably impartial radio presenter. I've no idea what happened to him but he has now joined forces with the opinionated sheep who group think :(

Im.sure if he had gannon or some one who was saying its rascist hed be joining in with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,273 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Not Fergal D'Arcy's biggest fan but have to agree with his passionate comments here https://www.joe.ie/news/best-person-gets-job-not-gender-today-fms-fergal-darcy-612823/

Can't understand why he hasn't mentioned Muireann, unless the interview was done prior to her recent announcement

_feedback_ wrote: »
    Not Fergal D'Arcy's biggest fan but have to agree with his passionate comments here https://www.joe.ie/news/best-person-gets-job-not-gender-today-fms-fergal-darcy-612823/

Can't understand why he hasn't mentioned Muireann, unless the interview was done prior to her recent announcement

Cue Una Mullally/Louise o Neill rallying up the troops against ferg

Ive actually got a new found respect for Ferg for saying that....imagine if it was Hook

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

In fairness to him, he is very passionate about he believes in. You know he'll be ripped apart in social media over it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Who is Daniela Moyles?

Who is Daniela Moyles?
    Model and presenter, she used to do the SPIN 1038 breakfast show but left last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,445 ✭✭✭JoeA3

And who or what is “Apella”?

Ok I could google it but you say it like we all should know what it is....

JoeA3 wrote: »
    And who or what is “Apella”?

Ok I could google it but you say it like we all should know what it is....
    https://www.youtube.com/user/theofficialcapella

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Limerick91

Seems like today's lunchtime news is the last one ever according to Paul Collins on Twitter

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Limerick91 wrote: »
    Seems like today's lunchtime news is the last one ever according to Paul Collins on Twitter

They just announced it there and are playing the best bits from the last 20 years

Advertisement