Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Al Porter was brilliant on lunchtimes, I hope his resignation is only temporary. Would love to hear him back on the radio some day. I do not believe he groped anyone, innocent unless proven guilty. He always put a smile on my face whenever I got the chance to tune in to his show.

I wonder is this a real post or an attempt at trolling?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

I wonder is this a real post or an attempt at trolling?

I'm sure it's for the reaction. There are many of us that have commented on threads here relating to Al Porter that didn't like listening to the chap at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Trebor176 wrote: »
    I'm sure it's for the reaction. There are many of us that have commented on threads here relating to Al Porter that didn't like listening to the chap at all.
    I respect their opinions.

I think Dara Quilty when he has done a bit more time on 98FM, should start covering shifts like Muireann did, before getting his own show eventually. He's doing a good job on TBRH at the moment. I think he is very good at what he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

He's doing a good job on TBRH at the moment. I think he is very good at what he does.

So you keep telling us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

I think Dara Quilty when he has done a bit more time on 98FM, should start covering shifts like Muireann did, before getting his own show eventually. He's doing a good job on TBRH at the moment. I think he is very good at what he does.

Dara who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,807 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

As someone who doesn't get any of the local Dublin stations, I'm intrigued to find out how good this Qulity guy is.

He is being bummed up something extraordinary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

NIMAN wrote: »
    As someone who doesn't get any of the local Dublin stations, I'm intrigued to find out how good this Qulity guy is.

ooooh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭robo

Well with the invention of the internet, gone are the days of grabbing the odd Dublin radio programme when up in the big smoke - you can now listen live on the net

robo wrote: »
    Well with the invention of the internet, gone are the days of grabbing the odd Dublin radio programme when up in the big smoke - you can now listen live on the net

Not interested that much !!

So what time is this Quilty guy on at?

• Advertisement

Not interested that much !!

So what time is this Quilty guy on at?
    4 to 7pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Mr Snow

Today FM recorded a two year high of almost 880,000 weekly listeners ,welcoming 58,000 new listeners to the station in the past year.

Mr Snow wrote: »
    Today FM recorded a two year high of almost 880,000 weekly listeners ,welcoming 58,000 new listeners to the station in the past year.

No accounting for taste.

4 to 7pm

I tuned in on t'internet yesterday for a while.

Is his show just a general music segment? I assumed it was a talk radio show like The Last Word as its often discussed alongside TLW.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Mr Snow wrote: »

Louise Duffy had a rise of 25,000 and Alison Curtis 10,000 !!!
    Their morning to afternoon slots all lost listeners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Louise Duffy had a rise of 25,000 and Alison Curtis 10,000 !!!
    Their morning to afternoon slots all lost listeners.

Is Louise still doing the 7pm shift? Because a rise of 25,000 there would be pretty amazing. Or are those weekly reach figures?

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Is Louise still doing the 7pm shift? Because a rise of 25,000 there would be pretty amazing. Or are those weekly reach figures?
    She is indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 scrimpinsave

It's like they're trying to just ruin Today FM. The show-by-show numbers vs 2FM are pretty stark.

Ian 160k v Breakfast Republic 186k
    Nicky Byrne at 150k v no info released on D&D - a bad sign
    Al Porter down to 100k on lunchtime!
    Tracy Clifford 133k v Fergal Darcy 102k
    Last Word v Eoghan McDermott tied at 134k v 134k

And the quote from the Today FM boss: "Even with unplanned schedule changes, we still recruited new listeners". By unplanned schedule changes does he mean the Al Porter thing? Oh yes, them pesky unplanned schedule changes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Is Nicky Byrne on from 9 - 12?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

It's like they're trying to just ruin Today FM. The show-by-show numbers vs 2FM are pretty stark.

And the quote from the Today FM boss: "Even with unplanned schedule changes, we still recruited new listeners". By unplanned schedule changes does he mean the Al Porter thing? Oh yes, them pesky unplanned schedule changes!

TBH, most of Today FM's schedule changes since 2013 have felt "unplanned". :pac:

KC leaving to go back to Cork, Ray D'Arcy leaving to go to RTE, poor old Tony ( :( ), Louise moving from 2:30 to lunchtimes to 7pm, Anton leaving/being sacked, Al Porter leaving.

The 3 daytime shows have been a basket case since Ray Foley left in 2012 (that was at least planned for and they had a replacement lined up). Since then, there hasn't been a stable line up 9am-4:30pm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Is the Last Word up or down in the latest figures?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

"Matt Cooper’s The Last Word, on Today FM, meanwhile, reaches a similar audience to Yates on Newstalk. It stands at 134,000, up 2,000 year on year.
    Dermot & Dave reach 161,000, down 6,000 on the last book. They took over the mid morning slot in early 2017."

from the Indo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,959 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Well Porters slot was always doomed for this ratings batch.

Nice Cooper rises despite all the moaning he gets.

Just saw on thejournal.ie that Dermot and Dave are down again to 161k. And Anton Savage was at 174k when they got rid of him... due to low JNLRs.

Oh a correction on the lunchtime figure for Al Porter. He actually lost 20,000 listeners to 98k. According to the independent

"Al Porter’s old slot, taken over by Muireann O’Connell in November, is reaching an audience of 98,000. Porter, who had 118,000 listeners in the last book after seven months in the slot, stepped down following allegations of inappropriate behaviour. Muireann stepped in and was made permanent last month."

He only stepped down at the end of November, so he was there for most of the period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Regardless of what happened to Porter, that slot was a disaster for Today FM. He was away so often, how could they expect to build a steady audience and a brand? People wouldn't know from one day to another who they'd be listening to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Juniper Petite Sordidness

Jaysus is the one going on about 50shades a transition year student ....remove the Times ban

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,959 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Jaysus is the one going on about 50shades a transition year student ....remove the Times ban

I'd be more dissapointed if a non-transition age student endured that shíte.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Dr_serious2

They sound vaguely American, although I suspect they might be Irish. Is that the way the accent is going?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Juniper Petite Sordidness

Is new emojis really a news topic?? Or the Kardashian wan having the most likes fit an Instagram pic

Truly it’s dumbing down

Dear lord Louise , stop rambling with news team, just play the music

Advertisement