Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Perhaps so. It's hard to know sometimes :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Jaysus lads! Matt corrected her immediately after she said it. He said something along the lines of " storm Emma didn't damage the building though, it was vandalized with a stolen digger"

He said that literally 10 seconds after she said twas damaged during storm Emma

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Jaysus lads! Matt corrected her immediately after she said it. He said something along the lines of " storm Emma didn't damage the building though, it was vandalized with a stolen digger"

He said that literally 10 seconds after she said twas damaged during storm Emma

Most likely just an oversight in editing the script then. Understandable in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,451 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

That music piece with nadine o'regan on david byrne is why the last word is now the absolute pits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Juniper Petite Sordidness

retalivity wrote: »
    That music piece with nadine o'regan on david byrne is why the last word is now the absolute pits

ah id say the bits where Louise "um ah" Duffy talks about TV (or Gannon and the other one who used to do it with her) or any time the Journal wan Aoife Barry I think her name is are far worse than the music bit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,451 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

ah id say the bits where Louise "um ah" Duffy talks about TV (or Gannon and the other one who used to do it with her) or any time the Journal wan Aoife Barry I think her name is are far worse than the music bit

Did you hear it? Wasnt about music at all, just a soapbox for spouting gender quotas in the arts nonsense. The other lad didnt get involved at all, presumably for fear of being called a troll/opressor/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,445 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Something about Nadine’s voice though.... so even if the segment is waffle, I’d still listen... she could read the phone book to me all day long.

Sort of the opposite to Alison Curtis really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Whatever happened to Patrick Frain & yer wan who reviewed it with him, as it was missing for quite a while, as no expense was spared in getting "um ah" "tweedle-dees"

Afaik it was btwn Gannon & Melanie Finn aka Miss Eoin Murphy (thank god it's not him now :eek:)

Is that the fella who does all the candid camera on animals on TV3, i didn't realise he's married to the pastry chef from the restaurant:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

The 20k just went

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Sitting here listening to the three songs and I didn't even cop it. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

How much does it cost to ring an 1850 number these days. They must have made a packet. Didn't bother entering myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Synode wrote: »
    How much does it cost to ring an 1850 number these days. They must have made a packet. Didn't bother entering myself

Around 10c per call.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Fair play to who ever won it. Nice lump of money to win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭lambayire

Whatever happened to Patrick Frain & yer wan who reviewed it with him, as it was missing for quite a while, as no expense was spared in getting "um ah" "tweedle-dees"

Afaik it was btwn Gannon & Melanie Finn aka Miss Eoin Murphy (thank god it's not him now :eek:)

Is that the fella who does all the candid camera on animals on TV3, i didn't realise he's married to the pastry chef from the restaurant:cool:

Is Patrick freyne one of the Irish Times crew who got excluded there a few months back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭lambayire

Is Patrick freyne one of the Irish Times crew who got excluded there a few months back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

retalivity wrote: »
    Did you hear it? Wasnt about music at all, just a soapbox for spouting gender quotas in the arts nonsense. The other lad didnt get involved at all, presumably for fear of being called a troll/opressor/

I couldn't decide which was worse, the fact that David Byrne felt obliged to apologise in advance or listening to yer one attempt to explain why he was right to do so. Ridiculous sh!te altogether....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Louise Duffy has dumbed down the tv slot to point where she makes Patrick Frayne look like Roger Ebert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,175 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Louise Duffy has dumbed down the tv slot to point where she makes Patrick Frayne look like Roger Ebert.

And they got a current AA Roadwatch girl to give her a hand as if it wasnt bad enough.

BPKS wrote: »
    And they got a current AA Roadwatch girl to give her a hand as if it wasnt bad enough.

Is that who the other female is? I honestly hadn’t a clue who she was hence why I didn’t comment on her.

Duffy hasn’t a clue about the music she plays, now she’s a tv critic as well? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,445 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Is that who the other female is? I honestly hadn’t a clue who she was hence why I didn’t comment on her.

Duffy hasn’t a clue about the music she plays, now she’s a tv critic as well? :rolleyes:

She was “snowed in” last week like the rest of us so she watched 7 episodes of some new Netflix show back to back. Sure what more qualifications does one need to be a tv critic lol...

Ahhh ummm yeah ummm, sure look it, yeah....

Dreadful stuff.

• Advertisement

They should rename it "The AA Roadwatch TV slot" so.....Lorraine Keane could host to make it a hat-trick of gushingness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Synode wrote: »

They could have rung in using whatsapp too, as it's saved me money by texting with it!

Although was Todayfm the 1st to use it, as i thought it bizarre that it's owned by yer man Denis that by advertising whatsapp, they'd be losing out on regular texting?
    lambayire wrote: »

Can't remember that, but he actually done the research & surely if there was an impending apocalypse, i can bet he wouldn't be watching Queer men for the Straight guy etc:rolleyes:
    They should rename it "The AA Roadwatch TV slot" so.....Lorraine Keane could host to make it a hat-trick of gushingness.

Yer other wan is Esther o Mhor... afaik i heard she does some podcast too, but was Lorraine Keane the 1st AA girl, as i remember Orla Rapple had great rapport with Tubs on the Full Irish & she eventually got her own show too :p

But i'm suprised that not one of them mentioned Jessica Jones is back on Thurs too on Netflix, maybe not gay enough:D
    Considering the day that's in it, & it's definitely not International Men's Day ;):p
    & Mother's Day on Sun too, have the stars aligned in the sky or something ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

I turned it on then turned it off again...Louise Duffy and Esther Moore O'Donoghue.. from f*cking AA roadwatch!!??! who apparently has some podcast...doing the film/TV review?? Jaysus. One ums and aaahs her way through everything, and the other speaks at 100mph.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

The presenters don't bother me too much, just D'Arcy and Al were annoying for me. I could even tolerate them for long periods if the music was any way fair at all.

It isn't.

It's just wall-to-wall nu-Folk as far as I can make out. Just the same song sung by different artists at different speeds. It's like living in a house with every surface painted Magnolia. Grand and inoffensive. But every so often they play a good song and then, like seeing a flash of red or blue in your Magnolia house, you wonder why there can't be a few different colours in your house.

I find myself changing channel more often these days and pretty soon I'll be changing and will stay gone.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

I can't listen to this one she's absolutely terrible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

If you’re talking about Muireann then I agree. She is woeful. She talks absolute garbage. I can’t stand how fake she is. Everything and everyone is either AMAZING or WONDERFUL. She is beyond irritating.
    liam7831 wrote: »
    I can't listen to this one she's absolutely terrible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

She seems to be what the powers that be want, though. Presenters who sound like they've had half a dozen Red Bulls before going on air. The daytime schedule is packed with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

She seems to be what the powers that be want, though. Presenters who sound like they've had half a dozen Red Bulls before going on air. The daytime schedule is packed with them.

Other energy drinks are available too Ursus!

But yes you've hit the nail on the head, everybody is super hyper on the air now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Either that or they have a story about depression on, jeez change the record Matt

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

The girl whos on before Dempsey would make a good replacement for Muireann. Is it Paula MC ?

Advertisement