Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,451 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Is that the newsreader? Promote from within i guess...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

swampy353 wrote: »
    Did anyone hear the replacement for Neil Delamere's show... Sunday Brunch (expect channel 4 will have something to say about that) with Susan Keogh.
    Didn't hear much but it sounded to be very much the same show as before just different presenter

Is this official?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

Is this official?

Seems to be, while there was no pre promotion for it, it's up on the website https://www.todayfm.com/SundayBrunch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,579 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Why did Neil Delamere leave?

siblers wrote: »
    Why did Neil Delamere leave?

Other commitments

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

DWueLjAW0AA_pAn.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Muireann OConnell really needs to read this article.

TheJournal.ie: 'I'm sickened by the D4/ mid-Atlantic/ makey-up English accent that is blighting Ireland'

I’m sure she’ll find it AMAZING and WONDERFUL...... followed by an exaggerated intake of breath and then a fake laugh that goes on forever.
    Okay DUDES!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Joe Donnelly in for the week in place of Dermot & Dave, it sounds like.

Just what I need to go back to sleep after the long weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Joe Donnelly in for the week in place of Dermot & Dave, it sounds like.

Just what I need to go back to sleep after the long weekend.

you're just too used to the hype!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

swampy353 wrote: »
    Did anyone hear the replacement for Neil Delamere's show... Sunday Brunch (expect channel 4 will have something to say about that) with Susan Keogh.
    Didn't hear much but it sounded to be very much the same show as before just different presenter

I'm guessing Susan Keogh is getting primed to take over from Matt Cooper? She covers for Cooper and is involved alot more during the news slot. The same happened when Paul Mcloone was taking over from Tom Dunne. McLoone was his side kick for a time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Where are d&d gone??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

I'm guessing Susan Keogh is getting primed to take over from Matt Cooper? She covers for Cooper and is involved a lot more during the news slot. The same happened when Paul Mcloone was taking over from Tom Dunne. McLoone was his side kick for a time

I really hope you're wrong about this. She's a lightweight and barely adequate as a stand-in. It's a disgrace that the station's boycott of the Irish Times is ongoing. Hugh Linehan was a far superior stand-in. Even Gavin Reilly was better and I found him a bit bland.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

I really hope you're wrong about this. She's a lightweight and barely adequate as a stand-in. It's a disgrace that the station's boycott of the Irish Times is ongoing. Hugh Linehan was a far superior stand-in. Even Gavin Reilly was better and I found him a bit bland.

Bland is what is required these days. The job is to forward the current orthodoxy in a non controversial manner. Doesn't make good radio but that is not the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Matt deleting his Facebook profile live on air, truely gripping radio

EPAndlee wrote: »
    Matt deleting his Facebook profile live on air, truely gripping radio

Any idea why he did it?

Anyone else think Dave Davin would be a great addition to the Today FM schedule? Great voice and delivery. I like him on SPIN's "Top 40 Oifiguil na hEireann"

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Any idea why he did it?

It’s trending on Twitter #deletefacebook. The next cool movement apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,959 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Loughc wrote: »
    It’s trending on Twitter #deletefacebook. The next cool movement apparently.

To do with data mining and data leaks actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,807 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Matt was just trying to be down wi' the kids!

I'm starting to dislike the music section now. That girl who basically spends her time slagging off acts she doesn't like is starting to grate on me. Does she realise music is subjective?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

NIMAN wrote: »

I'm starting to dislike the music section now. That girl who basically spends her time slagging off acts she doesn't like is starting to grate on me. Does she realise music is subjective?
    I'd like to hear about some new music to listen to

not to hear about cover albums and concerts by over the hill bands

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭griffin100

NIMAN wrote: »

A couple of years ago Matt couldn't see past Rush as the greatest band in the world :pac: Now he's so cool he's unbearable. Every time I listen to the music slot I'm reminded of Chocolate Daddy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,344 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

3 new online stations announced including return of TXFM?
    Radio group Communicorp is launching three music streaming services – Today FM 80s, Today FM 90s and Today XM – as part of a bid to increase its online audience.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/media-and-marketing/communicorp-adds-three-streaming-services-to-today-s-offering-1.3435503

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,807 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

so Matt used to watch Coronation Street and Eastenders regularly.

Not surprised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Birneybau wrote: »

Today FM and, to some extent, its owner Communicorp have come in for some criticism on this forum over the years. Some of it may well be justifiable, but at least they are coming up with something new and taking account of the changes in the way people use technology and, vitally, how people listen to music or radio.

Diversifying and offering more choice on other platforms is, undoubtedly, the way forward. The organisation is showing signs that it is welling to embrace change. Who knows? This could possibly ensure that radio has a future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Birneybau wrote: »

any chance they'd pay the money and put them on the saorview radio stations on the tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

They seem to have let Muireann off the lease today because she's playing mostly old songs so far on the show. It's a breathe of fresh air compared to the usual playlist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I noticed Joe played a few classics too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭statto25

Ian seemed to play some older stuff too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Fergal D'Arcy just made a Neil Prendeville on a plane joke.
    Obviously he didn't mention the name but everyone knew what he meant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Fergal D'Arcy just made a Neil Prendeville on a plane joke.
    Obviously he didn't mention the name but everyone knew what he meant.

What did he say?

Advertisement