Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,445 ✭✭✭JoeA3

There are 2 types of people in this world. There are those doing something right and those with staff contracts who are there so long they're too expensive to sack.

I don’t believe that to be the case in this instance.

You don’t like him obviously. Fair enough. Personally I’d listen to him any day of the week every time before Ferg/Muireann but I guess that’s a sign I’m getting too old for Today FM’s target demographic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,959 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Who is Kelly-Anne Byrnes brother shes on about always?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

I think Joe needs his own show of some form. Really enjoying listening to him. I like that he's well able for criticism and not afraid to disagree with the person he's interviewing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,568 ✭✭✭prunudo

EPAndlee wrote: »
    I think Joe needs his own show of some form. Really enjoying listening to him. I like that he's well able for criticism and not afraid to disagree with the person he's interviewing

Reminds me of Anton, nothing forced and getting on with the job. Perfect for mid morning radio, or for any time of day for that matter. Doesn't need to resort to inane banter to persent a show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Put him on 1pm to 4pm weekdays

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Great to hear Joe on the radio, his laid back style works really well and his shows aren't made up of segments like text in a time when bla bla bla happened to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

threein99 wrote: »
    Great to hear Joe on the radio, his laid back style works really well and his shows aren't made up of segments like text in a time when bla bla bla happened to you

His MAIN segment today was songs after that girl got dumped by text. At least pretend you listened to the show

MrMac84 wrote: »
    His MAIN segment today was songs after that girl got dumped by text. At least pretend you listened to the show

His main segment was interviewing Bryan Robson.

Why would I pretend I listened to a radio show ? :confused:

His main segment was interviewing Bryan Robson.

Why would I pretend I listened to a radio show ? :confused:

No that was a single feature on the show towards the end, which was excellent. His main thing was songs for that texter which he reverted to several times

No that was a single feature on the show towards the end, which was excellent. His main thing was songs for that texter which he reverted to several times

I think an interview with Bryan Robson would be ahead of some girl who got dumped by text.

To clarify, I am aware he uses text in segments, my point was his shows dont follow the exact same format everyday of being overly dependent on them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Do they have a special on their advertising this week? Alot of "regiona radio" style ads on this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

I think an interview with Bryan Robson would be ahead of some girl who got dumped by text.

To clarify, I am aware he uses text in segments, my point was his shows dont follow the exact same format everyday of being overly dependent on them
    Today it's all about Txting in your favourite childhood memories.. his show, and all shows on today FM follow the exact same format everyday?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Today it's all about Txting in your favourite childhood memories.. his show, and all shows on today FM follow the exact same format everyday?!
    yes.
    its easier than actually coming up with any content yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭statto25

Alison Curtis is in for Ian next week.... Don't say ye haven't been warned!

Jesus you people are like a dog with a bone :rolleyes:, my original point was Joe can hold a show together without relying on texts.

Things like this here now The Rolling Stones -Miss You are the kinda songs I loved listening to Today Fm originally for. It allways played chart and Irish but a few classics here and there. Really enjoying Joe. Think he’d be great 2-4:30 in Fenton’s old slot. Leas interaction and more music

Things like this here now The Rolling Stones -Miss You are the kinda songs I loved listening to Today Fm originally for. It allways played chart and Irish but a few classics here and there. Really enjoying Joe. Think he’d be great 2-4:30 in Fenton’s old slot. Leas interaction and more music

I think a 1-4pm slot would be good for him. When Anton or Al left they could easily have rescheduled the schedule to 7-10, 10-1, 1-4, 4-7.

Jesus you people are like a dog with a bone :rolleyes:, my original point was Joe can hold a show together without relying on texts.

He calls out the txt number and Twitter handle at least 9 or 10 times an hour

Anyone listened to the streams yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

statto25 wrote: »

Genuinely thanks for the warning.

• Advertisement

As long as she doesn't go awwwwwwwn and awwwwwwwwwn and awwwwwwwn about kids, I'm fine with that.

As long as she doesn't go awwwwwwwn and awwwwwwwwwn and awwwwwwwn about kids, I'm fine with that.

It will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,807 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Don't forget the people dancing round the kitchens.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,743 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Have been listening to Today XM but without any DJs, it's not very exciting. Music is good enough but there's very little new stuff fwics. Could be wrong on that as I'm only getting snippets through the day when I've a few minutes kid free.

Listened to the 80s one for a few hours today, thought it was brilliant. No ads either surprisingly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Genuinely thanks for the warning.
    With an added bonus of not being in this or next weekend also, I presume?:)

Didn't listen to XM but been listening to 90's and think it's pretty good. Nice to have no talking,no ads or no news

With an added bonus of not being in this or next weekend also, I presume?:)

She's on in the morning live from merrion square I think.

Genuinely thanks for the warning!

On a side note who actually dances around their kitchens?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Ah well, no radio in the morning so:(

But I assume she will be off next weekend though? Doubt she'll be on mornings for 6 days in a row...

Advertisement