Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

I would love that.

Can’t say enough good things about ed and the show. I regularly listen back during my commute absolutely unmissable show. Credit to today fm but more importantly to ed himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

I agree. Ed is an untapped talent. What on earth are they thinking of making him Fergal Darcys sidekick? I do feel embarrassed for the guy having to put up with Darcys pontifications about life in general-it’s all about him. Why is Ed playing second fiddle to the likes of him? He is so much better than him.
    Can’t say enough good things about ed and the show. I regularly listen back during my commute absolutely unmissable show. Credit to today fm but more importantly to ed himself.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

johnire wrote: »
    I agree. Ed is an untapped talent. What on earth are they thinking of making him Fergal Darcys sidekick? I do feel embarrassed for the guy having to put up with Darcys pontifications about life in general-it’s all about him. Why is Ed playing second fiddle to the likes of him? He is so much better than him.

I like Fergal D'Arcy to be honest, but I'd be a bigger fan of Ed and as long as he has a weekly job and he's not just stuck to his show on a Sunday, I'm ok with that.

A lot of people like Ed don't have the same privilege.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

He's not his 'sidekick'. He's the show producer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭robo

Heard some of eds songs of praise show earlier for the first time,Sunday evening is a really bad time for me to try listen to the radio,anyway what a great show,if only a show like this could be on in the afternoon on weekdays

I love Ed's songs of praise - his persona and the songs he picks, if I miss it, I usually have a look back at his instagram account to see the playlist, some great choices...but the heads of TodayFM wouldn't allow that music to play for 2 hours in the afternoon, not enough of "Todays" music! Pity he is only on for 2 hours a week

• Advertisement

That’s my point- he’s treated like a sidekick whereas he deserves so much better. He’s playing second fiddle to Darcy when it most definitely should be the other way around.
    catch--22 wrote: »
    He's not his 'sidekick'. He's the show producer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Anyone else not able to listen online? Not working for me in Chrome or Firefox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Caught word about Declan Pearce filling in for “Ferg” yesterday. Excellent show and really enjoyed it. First time in a long time I didn’t have to switch to listening to Tracy Clifford and Afric O Connell blabbing about their fellas and Netflix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Synode wrote: »
    Anyone else not able to listen online? Not working for me in Chrome or Firefox

http://www.liveonlineradio.net/ireland/today-fm.htm

Works fine for me here

I agree- he’s really good. The other fella is back today unfortunately.
    MrMac84 wrote: »
    Caught word about Declan Pearce filling in for “Ferg” yesterday. Excellent show and really enjoyed it. First time in a long time I didn’t have to switch to listening to Tracy Clifford and Afric O Connell blabbing about their fellas and Netflix

• Advertisement

I agree- he’s really good. The other fella is back today unfortunately.

Back to Tracy since 2pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Back to Tracy since 2pm

I often listen to Tracy 1-4. But most of the time I listen to Barry Dunne from 12-4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Muireann sounds hungover to bits today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

threein99 wrote: »
    Muireann sounds hungover to bits today.

She'll be gone in six months. Shouldn't have drunk last night.

She'll be gone in six months. Shouldn't have drunk last night.

I think shes a smoker as well, it does seem bad form to be sounding like that when you work on the radio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 939 ✭✭✭mikep

An immature blunder by Muireann obviously over doing it on the night, funny how D+D who attended managed to keep it together.

Reminds me of the carry on of the "celeb" she replaced...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,959 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

mikep wrote: »
    An immature blunder by Muireann obviously over doing it on the night, funny how D+D who attended and managed to keep it together.
    Reminds me of the carry on of the "celeb" she replaced...

She was allegedly grabbing mickeys?

threein99 wrote: »
    I think shes a smoker as well, it does seem bad form to be sounding like that when you work on the radio.

What has that got to do with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

I assume he means that a radio presenter should try to keep his/her voice in good condition. Marian Finucane coughs and wheezes her way though her weekend shows.

What has that got to do with it?

Her voice sounds like she smoked about 20 fags last night. Smoking and drinking heavily for someone who will be appearing on radio the next day is not a smart move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 939 ✭✭✭mikep

From what I recall of Porters (thankfully) short stint he regularly came in dying from the night before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

mikep wrote: »
    funny how D+D who attended managed to keep it together

Dave doesn't drink at all. Nearly sure Dermot has been off it for a year? Not sure if he has kept it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Ye lads taking the piss or what? I'm no fan of Muireann but how many of ye have gone into work the next day hungover?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Mc Love wrote: »
    Ye lads taking the piss or what? I'm no fan of Muireann but how many of ye have gone into work the next day hungover?

We're not broadcasting to the nation though.

Mc Love wrote: »

Its all relative to your job, shes broadcasting to the nation sounding dreadful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

I text her a while ago and told her what I thought of her unprofessional behaviour. Hopefully shell think twice next time

Wouldn't be a big fan of Muireann to be honest. I remember everyone on here saying she was great when she took that slot, but i never really enjoyed her. Some of her stuff us funny, but she brings the 'click bait' thing ("find out after the break.." etc.) to a whole new level.

I know it's commonplace for teaser style stuff on the Radio, but she does it constantly. Wrecks my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,959 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I text her a while ago and told her what I thought of her unprofessional behaviour. Hopefully shell think twice next time

I'm sure she will

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭xtradel

Well aren't you great. Where do you work in case I fancy complaining about you someday?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

xtradel wrote: »
    Well aren't you great. Where do you work in case I fancy complaining about you someday?

Not on national radio anyway. Plus I don't ever drink on a work night

Advertisement