Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

I've some urge to buy a pair of una Healy original s..

The cheapest ad ever made by my god it's effictive, it really stands out when mostly I don't even hear/notice ads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭statto25

I've some urge to buy a pair of una Healy original s..

The cheapest ad ever made by my god it's effictive, it really stands out when mostly I don't even hear/notice ads

I like how she's turned up the Irish twang a few notches too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Wouldn't be a big fan of Muireann to be honest. I remember everyone on here saying she was great when she took that slot, but i never really enjoyed her. Some of her stuff us funny, but she brings the 'click bait' thing ("find out after the break.." etc.) to a whole new level.

I know it's commonplace for teaser style stuff on the Radio, but she does it constantly. Wrecks my head.
    Why didn't they just hire Laura Whitmore as Al's replacement? No doubt they will in a few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,959 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Why didn't they just hire Laura Whitmore as Al's replacement? No doubt they will in a few months.

So shes not breaking America then?

pjohnson wrote: »
    So shes not breaking America then?

Wouldn't that be totally awesome dude?
    "Today FM Lunchtime with Laura Whitmore: Live from Los Angeles!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Maybe Dara Quilty is in with a shout?

Maybe Dara Quilty is in with a shout?

Ideally Laura & Dara replace Dermot & Dave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Not picking up any show online-just adds for bge.

Going to start a petition to give Laura Whitmore the lunchtime show. Anyone want to help me sign it?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭iseegirls

https://www.change.org/p/anyone-to-give-spin-1038-permission-to-broadcast-nationwide-across-ireland

Yep, that other petition you created 7 months ago made such an impact last time.

iseegirls wrote: »
    https://www.change.org/p/anyone-to-give-spin-1038-permission-to-broadcast-nationwide-across-ireland

Yep, that other petition you created 7 months ago made such an impact last time.

Leave me alone

pjohnson wrote: »
    Ideally Laura & Dara replace Dermot & Dave

Who take over the drivetime show on 2FM. :-)

Who do we think will take over from Neil Delamere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Whitmore?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

Dara Quilty.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

Dara Quilty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Jaysus I stayed tuned because Darcy has a live session with the Delorentos and Darcy's humming on air. He's truly awful

Synode wrote: »
    Jaysus I stayed tuned because Darcy has a live session with the Delorentos and Darcy's humming on air. He's truly awful

And not to mention Delorentos are a great band. Send Ferg back to iRadio. Why couldn't he have just hummed in his head?

• Advertisement

Thank goodness tomorrow is the last day we will have to be reminded every ten mins that Dermot met U2, I can't believe they mentioned it so many times .

Also, the one and only thing I enjoyed on Muireann show "brain drain" seems to have been scrapped for "rock roulette" ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,175 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

They have the triple barrelled name one from AA Roadwatch on the Last Word now doing TV along with former AA Roadwatch girl Louise Duffy. She also seems to be doing more and more chit chat with Dempsey on the Breakfast Show. They seem to be testing the water with her to see if she'll make the jump like Duffy did.

BPKS wrote: »
    They have the triple barrelled name one from AA Roadwatch on the Last Word now doing TV along with former AA Roadwatch girl Louise Duffy. She also seems to be doing more and more chit chat with Dempsey on the Breakfast Show. They seem to be testing the water with her to see if she'll make the jump like Duffy did.
    Maybe she will, and if so Paula will get a 1-4pm slot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Maybe she will, and if so Paula will get a 1-4pm slot.

Isn't Paula pregnant at the moment?

razorblunt wrote: »
    Isn't Paula pregnant at the moment?

I didn't hear that, but congrats if she is.

Yeah she is 4 months pregnant. Heartbroken.

Yeah she is 4 months pregnant. Heartbroken.

You should be happy for her!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

BPKS wrote: »

It must be Esther O'Moore Donoghue. She has had gigs on TXFM and Christmas FM, so maybe she will get a show somewhere on Today FM.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,198 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I like Karl Deeter, he's great!

Larissa Nolan was good fun today too.

Making that slot a two person one again was a great idea and so was making it a bit more light hearted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Surprised nobody was here giving out about him jokingly taking meth before the show

Advertisement