Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Juniper Petite Sordidness

Will another Traffic Girl be promoted to give "expert analysis" on telelvision segment on the LW...seems that and go on a feminist rant is the only qualifications to get on Coopers show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Promote Ed Smith to having his own show...once its not Paula MacSweeeney its fine

Or Muireann. Or Hector.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Could Esther O'Moore Donoghue be Louise's replacement when she goes on maternity leave?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Promote Ed Smith to having his own show...once its not Paula MacSweeeney its fine
    Once Eds' Songs of Praise remains untouched or there will be hell to pay:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Juniper Petite Sordidness

Once Eds' Songs of Praise remains untouched or there will be hell to pay:mad:

Or just move it to a weekday show - 😀

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Or just move it to a weekday show - ��
    x7????:pac:

Ok, x5 but nothing less:)

It's the only show I tune in for now, the rest are just backround or I've forgotten to change to another station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Has Jenifer Lopez been guessed for "eventually" ? I'm convinced it's her couldn't be arsed ringing in. It's getting boring now though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,238 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Trebor176 wrote: »
    Could Esther O'Moore Donoghue be Louise's replacement when she goes on maternity leave?

Is Louise pregnant as well ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Is Louise pregnant as well ?

They're all pregnant at this stage even Dempsey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,238 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

They're all pregnant at this stage even Dempsey

So paula and Louise are pregnant ? That's hardly all to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭PhoneMain

Will another Traffic Girl be promoted to give "expert analysis" on telelvision segment on the LW...seems that and go on a feminist rant is the only qualifications to get on Coopers show

I don't mind your one who does the music but Jennifer Gannon does my head in for the tv spot. Her pronounciation is attrocious. She's paid to talk on the radio, actually pronounce your word properly woman! I'm sure there's others that do it but she is terrible for it! Regardless of the content of what she's saying. This is a line from her that I picked up on last night

"An, I tink thas a great thing abou the way tha Corrie portrayed ih".

Drives me crazy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,445 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Yeah, she's really really dreadful. Instant channel changer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,175 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

PhoneMain wrote: »
    I don't mind your one who does the music but Jennifer Gannon does my head in for the tv spot. Her pronounciation is attrocious. She's paid to talk on the radio, actually pronounce your word properly woman! I'm sure there's others that do it but she is terrible for it! Regardless of the content of what she's saying. This is a line from her that I picked up on last night

Drives me crazy

Agree - her voice makes me change station immediately.

Theres another one who has started doing film reviews recently, from Hot Press I think. Cant remember her name.

Anyway, a few weeks ago she was reviewing a Woodie Allen film and she must have said "in the era of me too" about 10 times - the gist of it was that you couldnt watch a Woodie Allen film and enjoy it when you know the history of his relationships with women etc.

A couple of minutes later she was asked her favourite film staring a certain actor or her favourite film of a genre as they do on that slot and guess what?

She picked a Roman Polanski film.

You literally could not have made it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

BPKS wrote: »

Theres another one who has started doing film reviews recently, from Hot Press I think. Cant remember her name.

Anyway, a few weeks ago she was reviewing a Woodie Allen film and she must have said "in the era of me too" about 10 times - the gist of it was that you couldnt watch a Woodie Allen film and enjoy it when you know the history of his relationships with women etc.

A couple of minutes later she was asked her favourite film staring a certain actor or her favourite film of a genre as they do on that slot and guess what?

:D:D

I was listening John Cadell on with Nadine O Regan a few weeks back on Matt Cooper,
    talking about some poll from an English radio station that didn't have any women in their top 20 artists or albums of all time.

John Cadell made the point the demographic of that station would be something like middle aged men who listen to alternative music and wouldnt have listened to a lot of female artists so the poll shouldn't be taking so serious.

She kept saying how can Blondie not be in there ? How can Stevie Nicks not be in there ? how can Aretha Franklin not be in there ? . Every time Cadell answered her by saying it wouldn't be typical of that stations demographic to listen to those artists . . . what about Joni Mitchell ? I turned it off at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

BPKS wrote: »

That's Roe McDermott, absolute head wrecker.

That's Roe McDermott, absolute head wrecker.

Eoghan's sister.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

I really hope Roe McDermott spent her formative years in the USA. That faux American accent she has is incredibly grating on the ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

I really hope Roe McDermott spent her formative years in the USA. That faux American accent she has is incredibly grating on the ears.

She was on yesterday talking about something that linked with her Masters in Sexuality studies or some such that she got from a university in San Francisco...at least that goes towards explaining the nails-on-a-blackboard American drawl :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Has Jenifer Lopez been guessed for "eventually" ? I'm convinced it's her couldn't be arsed ringing in. It's getting boring now though.

She's been guessed according to the todayfm website.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 redbedhead

She is the worst. That is the text book definition of a music snob. I listen for Cadell, but she makes me shout at the radio.
    It's not a good look..
    threein99 wrote: »
    :D:D

I was listening John Cadell on with Nadine O Regan a few weeks back on Matt Cooper...

• Advertisement

Would love Dave Davin to cover Lost in Music during LD's maternity leave. He deserves a shot at national radio.

Surely I'm not the only one who likes Dave Davin?

The commentator for Premier League Live is covering his last game today.Will miss his voice on a Saturday afternoon. Listened to him call some brilliant games over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭sleepyman

The commentator for Premier League Live is covering his last game today.Will miss his voice on a Saturday afternoon. Listened to him call some brilliant games over the years.

Ron Jones.Class act and will miss that Welsh lilt in the airwaves.Nice tribute by the lads on Premier League Live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Where’s he going lads? In fairness he’s one of the best Play By Play in the game!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭prunudo

Would love Dave Davin to cover Lost in Music during LD's maternity leave. He deserves a shot at national radio.

Surely I'm not the only one who likes Dave Davin?

Doubt it will happen, with their obsession with gender quotas I'm sure it will be a female presenter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Where’s he going lads? In fairness he’s one of the best Play By Play in the game!!

I think he's just retiring. It's a real shame though - I always enjoyed listening to him.

jvan wrote: »
    Doubt it will happen, with their obsession with gender quotas I'm sure it will be a female presenter.

You have to admit though, DD is very good at what he does. Very short links, fluent Irish speaker, and I think he produces his own show on SPIN. Some of the music in the Irish charts mightn't be to my taste but you do have to give credit to Mr O'Daibhin where it's due!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,959 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Laura Whitmore to replace Ron Jones? Whitmore & Kerr together could be......something.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

PhoneMain wrote: »

Drives me crazy

She must have learned all she knows from Matt Cooper. How he can do a radio show talking as badly as he does?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Ron Jones was on a short phone interview on Dempsey on Friday morning, I think he said he was continuing commentary on cricket, but it is less time intensive.

Advertisement