Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,445 ✭✭✭JoeA3

So is anyone else starting to think Ruth Scott might be joining as Al Porter's long term replacement? She's gone from Radio Nova so I think that is a heavy clue.

Of all the unlikely scenarios you pull from your rear end, that one is right up there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Of all the unlikely scenarios you pull from your rear end, that one is right up there.

How do you mean? It would be a nice reunion with former 2FM colleague Ian Dempsey and I think Ruth would fit the weekday schedule PERFECTLY. I would be surprised if she doesn't get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

How do you mean? It would be a nice reunion with former 2FM colleague Ian Dempsey and I think Ruth would fit the weekday schedule PERFECTLY. I would be surprised if she doesn't get it.

Well then prepare yourself for a surprise

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Well then prepare yourself for a surprise

Cmon Today FM, please consider it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,445 ✭✭✭JoeA3

The chances of that are less than zero. There is no logic to suggest otherwise. Where on gods earth do you pull these ideas from?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

This isn't a long weekend?

Both had Christmass holidays. Dave out sick for a week in February. both on holidays for 2 weeks in march. Dermot in us for a week in april/may.

They'll probably have few weeks off in summer too.

Maybe they're not full time employees!

JoeA3 wrote: »
    The chances of that are less than zero. There is no logic to suggest otherwise. Where on gods earth do you pull these ideas from?!

It's just a suggestion. I have no idea if Ruth has left Nova permanently or not, but if it is a big name they want for that slot, she would be an excellent choice. I can't see Muireann lasting very long in that slot. Ruth would be a far better choice in my opinion. I don't see anything to suggest she wouldn't get it. If Today FM can't get her, or if she doesn't return to Nova, where can she go?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

I imagine Mickey Taylor at home thinking of radio presenter theories

dwcdid.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

No offence, but Today FM have been getting rid of older presenters over the past 3 years, not taking them on..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Unfortunately it seems Muireann and the likes is what they want. She's here to stay, same with "ferg".

Local radio is the way to go. I highly recommend Declan Coupes on Limerick live 95 from 12pm every day, unbelievable selection of music will have you singing along all afternoon no matter what age you are .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,882 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Unfortunately it seems Muireann and the likes is what they want. She's here to stay, same with "ferg".

Local radio is the way to go. I highly recommend Declan Coupes on Limerick live 95 from 12pm every day, unbelievable selection of music will have you singing along all afternoon no matter what age you are .

Corks RedFM another good example of good radio, Ray Foley is firing on all cylinders back at RedFM.

Paula on instead of Muireann. Hopefully it's permanent.

Touche.

Loughc wrote: »
    Corks RedFM another good example of good radio, Ray Foley is firing on all cylinders back at RedFM.

What slot is he on? Never really thought of RedFM.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,882 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

What slot is he on? Never really thought of RedFM.

Breakfast. 6.30-9am, check out the podcasts of the shows they're only about 40mins and have all of the best bits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I throw Foley's podcasts on as soon as Muireann gets on my nerves. Himself and Jay are gas together

Ferg says has a dream every night that he is back doing his leaving cert. I am not surprised. Man must of had an unbelievable childhood to say he can't let it go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

one infliction upon another

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,451 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Was in the car for all of 8 mins after work on the way to the post office, the entertainment section on TLW was on. They were doing some review of best serial killer films, but they had barley started before they managed to shoehorn in an apology by the silence of the lambs writer/director/producer? for something or other thay was deemed transphobic. Was of no relevance to at all to anything discussed before or after.

It feels like trolling at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Dr_serious2

retalivity wrote: »
    Was in the car for all of 8 mins after work on the way to the post office, the entertainment section on TLW was on. They were doing some review of best serial killer films, but they had barley started before they managed to shoehorn in an apology by the silence of the lambs writer/director/producer? for something or other thay was deemed transphobic. Was of no relevance to at all to anything discussed before or after.

It feels like trolling at this stage

The movie and TV slots are unbearable for their politically correct crap. They almost never discuss their actual subject, just feminist left wing rubbish to show how right on they are. The week trending on Friday is often just three journalists agreeing with eachother on how racist, sexist and homophobic everything is.

Pity Matt wouldn't grow a pair and challenge his contributors. Doubt it will happen now, he wants to be down with the kids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭iseegirls

I noticed some new jingles on The Last Word today. Unsure if they are throughout all shows on Today FM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Noticed they changed the music for the news alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Flange/Flanders

EPAndlee wrote: »
    Noticed they changed the music for the news alright

it's wrecking my head, they have back ground music going for the news and sports reports. really feels like the news is on a timer to get done as quickly as possible. part of the general dumbing down of the station and the crisis of me identity being suffered at the moment. they are trying to be young and hip in going for the likes of muireann and ferg but hold the more middle aged after work market in the last word which is also suffering through a dumbing down. there's no natural flow to the daily schedule now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

caught the new jingle yesterday, its f*cking awful. beep bop buu bop. here's the news...beep beep bop buu beep bop ...heres the six at six...beep beep bop bu bopp beep...heres the sport...
    I've actually turned off the station in the last month. I'm done with it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

I thought it was only me that had picked up on that. I’ve never heard anyone to talk so much about their childhood and adolescence and school and college years. It’s just unbelievable. I find it really strange. He never stops talking about it.
    Ferg says has a dream every night that he is back doing his leaving cert. I am not surprised. Man must of had an unbelievable childhood to say he can't let it go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    caught the new jingle yesterday, its f*cking awful. beep bop buu bop. here's the news...beep beep bop buu beep bop ...heres the six at six...beep beep bop bu bopp beep...heres the sport...

It can't be as bad as Fergal's intro music!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,273 ✭✭✭_feedback_

I'm the same.. There was a period that I was not enjoying the station as much, but still would have had it on the car for short journeys etc. Don't bother anymore.. anything except Today FM will do me now. Shame ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,175 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

The other morning the jingle was played for the news, the sport and the traffic news all in the space of 5 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

It can't be as bad as Fergal's intro music!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ij4t51QlTXk&feature=youtu.be&t=1m0s

• Advertisement

They had a segment yesterday about what year it was when you were 14 or something. Almost every text read out the texters were 14 in the 80s and 90s

And Dempseys chart rewind, the older songs always seem to win the text vote.

Why then is there programming aimed at 18-24 year olds. It's baffling!

Advertisement