Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

pjohnson wrote: »
    Jaysus. I take it you didnt get through for the big one a few weeks ago?

just keep ringing , you might hit the big time soon

threein99 wrote: »
    Do you not undertstand the definition of that word ?

Yes , sorry you dont, keep ringing you might ring 150 euro some day serenaded by a hallelujah chorus .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,959 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Oops69 wrote: »
    just keep ringing , you might hit the big time soon

Right yeah your clearly quite irrationally upset about a Radio Quiz.

Right yeah your clearly quite upset about a Radio Quiz.
    not at upset as you are , i made a comment on how ludicrously pathetic it is and you cant accept it ... one wonders why ??

Oops69 wrote: »
    not at upset as you are , i made a comment on how ludicrously pathetic it is and you cant accept it ... one wonders why ??

I'm amused not upset. Dya think it should go up €5000 a day? Should "Hallelujah" be removed? Whats got you so riled up and "demeans" people?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Juniper Petite Sordidness

Faugheen wrote: »
    But in the case of D'Arcy, they're better than what they were when he took that slot, which he got after improving the figures in the evening slot, which he was given after 10 years of consistently high figures at iRadio.

Like I've said, people can judge his abilities and that's all down to opinion, but he is where he is because he has always delivered no matter where he is and I think it's quite sad for people to be saying stuff like 'how is he a national radio presenter and how has managed to become one for the last three years?' When they have access to all of the same facts that I have provided.

I know facts don't sit well on this forum, but it's always been the case that D'Arcy is listener friendly, even if a lot of people here don't like him.

I don't particularly like him but he was a vast improvement on Louise Duffy, whose two day time shows tanked in the ratings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

Faugheen wrote: »
    But in the case of D'Arcy, they're better than what they were when he took that slot, which he got after improving the figures in the evening slot, which he was given after 10 years of consistently high figures at iRadio.

Like I've said, people can judge his abilities and that's all down to opinion, but he is where he is because he has always delivered no matter where he is and I think it's quite sad for people to be saying stuff like 'how is he a national radio presenter and how has managed to become one for the last three years?' When they have access to all of the same facts that I have provided.

I know facts don't sit well on this forum, but it's always been the case that D'Arcy is listener friendly, even if a lot of people here don't like him.

I was talking about the station as a whole, Today Fm 7am-7pm weekday total listenership is well behind 2fm 7am-7pm total weekday listenership

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,450 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Louise duffy always sounds like she is messing on her phone, lack of concentration with long pauses and 'ummm...ahhhh'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Juniper Petite Sordidness

retalivity wrote: »
    Louise duffy always sounds like she is messing on her phone, lack of concentration with long pauses and 'ummm...ahhhh'

She sounds like at times she'd be elsewhere if she could ...think she's trying to get into fashion so I'm guessing she's more intrested in that

and why is she on TLW doing the TV reviews, seems like she rambles on what she saw on Netflxi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,450 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

and why is she on TLW doing the TV reviews, seems like she rambles on what she saw on Netflxi

The RTE canteen effect - why pay an actual contributor when you can just get someone else in the payroll to do it, and also giving a little exposure to their own shows? Crap for the listener, mind...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Am I the only one who turns off The Last Word once I hear Susan Keogh presenting it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Am I the only one who turns off The Last Word once I hear Susan Keogh presenting it ?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,743 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

No, looks like there's two of you at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭prunudo

No, looks like there's two of you at least.

Make that 3.

liam7831 wrote: »

oh yeah, her going after hard hitting topics like Love island or How hot should your coffee be.....id be surprised if people enjoy LW with her on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,800 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

jvan wrote: »
    Make that 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

NIMAN wrote: »

What's Muireann doing on at this hour? Disaster!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭statto25

Ah no FFS. I was hoping for Joe Donnelly....Phew its only for today!

I hope Mikey was listening to Songs in the Key of Life. Laura Whitmore was the guest!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

That’s bizarre. IBy doing that it really downgrades her own show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Spotify for the morning so

Another day off for D&D. I've never heard of people have so many days off, never mind on national radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Another day off for D&D. I've never heard of people have so many days off, never mind on national radio.

You must not have heard of RTE

Why didnt Paula just fill in for D and D ? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

I hope Mikey was listening to Songs in the Key of Life. Laura Whitmore was the guest!

I was :-) They really should give her a show.

threein99 wrote: »
    Why didnt Paula just fill in for D and D ? :confused:

She was on this morning 5-7

Didn't sound like she was when Muireann handed over to her at midday, she said about having time to do her hair this morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭robo

No she wasn't

• Advertisement

Apologies

Advertisement