Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

What's Muireann doing on at this hour? Disaster!

What is she doing on at ANY hour? She has the charm and charisma of a door knocker!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

everyone on at different times again today... :eek:
    I wonder is there some meeting on to discuss the future of the shows?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Who's on instead of Ferg?

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Who's on instead of Ferg?

Claire Beck. Thank heavens Fergal isn't on today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Claire Beck. Thank heavens Fergal isn't on today!

Every cloud. Claire was always good on txfm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Every cloud. Claire was always good on txfm

She's excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Dr_serious2

Christ Aoife Barry must have friends in high places in Today FM, they seem to wheel her out for any 'youth' topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,579 ✭✭✭✭siblers

That fella on Dermot & Dave about not using a smartphone was fecking painful to listen to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Juniper Petite Sordidness

Christ Aoife Barry must have friends in high places in Today FM, they seem to wheel her out for any 'youth' topic.

they now use her to replace the times contributors...now im not a avid times reader but they were far better that her and sjw/pc transition year students of the Journal

pjohnson wrote: »
    I hope Mikey was listening to Songs in the Key of Life. Laura Whitmore was the guest!

How likely do you think it is that Today FM will give Laura a show of her own?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Music segment yesterday on The Last Word where yer man tore into Picture This was funny. I can't stand Picture This, but feck it, it's all subjective and many people do. Still funny though.
    Dermot was on about his experience at a gig in Germany. Great to get it highlighted at last at how horrible Irish gigs are turning out to be with drunkards and eejits chatting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,997 ✭✭✭furiousox

What's going on with the newsreader on the breakfast show?
    (Kim Buckley)
    She's morphing into a yank, going on about "wadder charges", "badderies" etc.
    It's really noticeable and really annoying!

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

seachto7 wrote: »
    Music segment yesterday on The Last Word where yer man tore into Picture This was funny. I can't stand Picture This, but feck it, it's all subjective and many people do. Still funny though.
    Dermot was on about his experience at a gig in Germany. Great to get it highlighted at last at how horrible Irish gigs are turning out to be with drunkards and eejits chatting.

Haha, have you a brief synopsis of what he said about Picture This?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

furiousox wrote: »
    (Kim Buckley)

Hate when people point out things like this. I'll never not notice it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

How likely do you think it is that Today FM will give Laura a show of her own?

What makes you think that she actually wants to leave London and do a daily show Today FM?

Are you her agent?

redbuck wrote: »
    What makes you think that she actually wants to leave London and do a daily show Today FM?

Are you her agent?

Maybe she'll move to America instead of back to Ireland?

No, I'm not her agent by the way. I just think a show on Today FM, even if it was broadcast from the UK/US, would be a coup for the station. Also she said in a 2016 Irish Independent interview that she wasn't sure if she would stay in England for the rest of her life.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

Maybe she'll move to America instead of back to Ireland?

No, I'm not her agent by the way. I just think a show on Today FM, even if it was broadcast from the UK/US, would be a coup for the station. Also she said in a 2016 Irish Independent interview that she wasn't sure if she would stay in England for the rest of her life.

When she stops getting gigs in the UK and the tabloids stop talking about her she'd probably move back and do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Juniper Petite Sordidness

Ed Smith is taking over Louise Duffy’s spot while on maternity leave - well that’s a vast improvement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Flange/Flanders

songs in the key of life is being discontinued

Ed Smith is taking over Louise Duffy’s spot while on maternity leave - well that’s a vast improvement

I reckon this could be the opportunity of a former TX presenter to cover "Songs of Praise". Cathal Funge anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I reckon this could be the opportunity of a former TX presenter to cover "Songs of Praise". Cathal Funge anyone?

I'm just surprised you didn't mention Dara Quilty..........or Laura Whitmore again.

I feel like I've just been kicked in the teeth there!

Yet more dumbing down of a once good station.

Is the host the wan who goes on feminst rants on the last word

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Is the host the wan who goes on feminst rants on the last word

Well that narrows it down.....;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

You’d want to listen to Muireann OConnell then....her accent is unbelievable!!!
    furiousox wrote: »
    (Kim Buckley)

johnire wrote: »
    You’d want to listen to Muireann OConnell then....her accent is unbelievable!!!

I steer well clear of her, and the same with Fergal FARCEy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭statto25

I'm just surprised you didn't mention Dara Quilty..........or Laura Whitmore again.

Don't forget the recent flavour the week Dave Davin

How about giving Louise Duffy the lunchtime show when she comes back, and keeping Ed on the 7-9pm slot permanently?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

How about giving Louise Duffy the lunchtime show when she comes back, and keeping Ed on the 7-9pm slot permanently?

Has that not been done already and failed miserably, I think they should get humm let me think ...... Ruth Scott !!

• Advertisement

liam7831 wrote: »
    Has that not been done already and failed miserably, I think they should get humm let me think ...... Ruth Scott !!

She's covering Dee Woods's maternity on Nova. Sorry Communicorp, Bay Broadcasting got there first!

Advertisement