Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

pjohnson wrote: »
    Tbf I think you could say over 50

Especially with the amount of complaining they do.

Anyone hear the 2 johnnies on with D'arcy? I was waiting for the countryside,gaa,silage,drinking cans etc sh!te talk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

gamecube wrote: »
    I know a lot of people on here are over the 18-34 year old type of person that Today FM wants to listen to the station

But to be totally honest the weekday lineup & show content from 7am-7pm in 2018 is total s**t in my opinion

The whole lineup needs a wrecking ball got to it

Clear out Ian Dempsey, D&D, Muireann, Fergal Darcy & Matt Cooper

It needs the Dan Healy total weekday sledge hammer to bring it back to a station we can all listen to again!

Who the hell listens to 2FM?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Synode wrote: »

I listen to 2FM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I listen to 2FM.

Enough said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

A lot of people!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I moved the dial to 2fm a long time ago. I like Dermot & Dave but they're in the wrong slot. Ian Dempsey has gone off the boil and gift grub hasnt been funny for about 10 years. I wanted Muireann to do well because she's from Limerick but I cant actually listen to her, sounds like I'm listening to Spin South West.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭nc6000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Jesus - worse its getting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,526 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

I'm not in anyways into business, but I enjoyed the Sunday Business Show.
    I'll miss that.

• Advertisement

Why is God's name would they give Alison "tell me about your kids" Curtis an extra hour? As if she wasn't torture enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,175 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

EPAndlee wrote: »
    Why is God's name would they give Alison "tell me about your kids" Curtis an extra hour? As if she wasn't torture enough

Its simple - stay in bed until 11am and stay up later to listen to the extra hour of Eds Songs of Praise;)

When was the last time Hector was even on? He seems to have been missing for quite a while now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭statto25

Sunday Roast with Mario.... Sunday Sitting Room with Hector....whats next? Sunday Sesh' with Laura Whitmore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

What a bunch of muppets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

And a best of show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,237 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So Adele McDonnell is even higher up with the head ponchos in TodayFM now it seems. A long way from being the producer of ray foleys wonderful show. I read the thing about the new line up on the weekends and it was her that gave the quotes gushing over the new changes.

I've not much issue with the presenters by and large on today fm it's the management and the way they've taken a once excellent station and ruined it I have a problem with.

I've started to listen to bits and pieces of Irish radio again because as good as the BBC is(and it is) it's obviously very British centric. I felt I needed to listen to Irish radio to get some kind of Irish perspective again. So it's radio 1, 2fm, and bits of newstalk. Today fm is done in my eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

Breakfast Republic is playing in the backround of a lot of local shops I go into in the morning

It's daytime lineup is a lot better than what Today FM have on 7am-7pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

Mario at the weekend is not what Today FM need, and a best of Dempsey show? WTF like!

• Advertisement

Addle wrote: »
    I'm not in anyways into business, but I enjoyed the Sunday Business Show.
    I'll miss that.

Will still be available as a podcast apparently.

https://twitter.com/ConallOM/status/1011951388228714497

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Now if only they’d ditch Muireann O’Connell and Fergal Darcy. Each an absolute pain to listen to.

gamecube wrote: »
    Breakfast Republic is playing in the backround of a lot of local shops I go into in the morning

It's daytime lineup is a lot better than what Today FM have on 7am-7pm

Breakfast Republic is painfully unfunny, Nicky Byrne and Jenny Greene are painful at the best of times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,914 ✭✭✭patrickc

despite what most here think Hector was very good in that slot, he played some decent tunes and had a good rapport with the listeners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,449 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Hector was grand for what it was - culchie banter with a few decent tunes for driving on a Sunday.
    Nadine o'regan - youd swear she was shot into the sun, the reaction her show cancellation has gotten. No great loss.
    Mario - meh
    Louise duffy - i hope her maternity lasts years of it keeps ed smith in that spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Juniper Petite Sordidness

retalivity wrote: »
    Hector was grand for what it was - culchie banter with a few decent tunes for driving on a Sunday.
    Nadine o'regan - youd swear she was shot into the sun, the reaction her show cancellation has gotten. No great loss.
    Mario - meh
    Louise duffy - i hope her maternity lasts years of it keeps ed smith in that spot.

Mario would make a great career in doing talks on how to stretch 15 mins of fame into nearly 20 years in work in same place - he hasn’t had a funny stretch of sketches since 2005

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Mario would make a great career in doing talks on how to stretch 15 mins of fame into nearly 20 years in work in same place - he hasn’t had a funny stretch of sketches since 2005

Thought "The Fogs" were brilliant during the 6 nations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Claire Beck in for Muireann

threein99 wrote: »
    Claire Beck in for Muireann

They should give Claire the slot permanently, or Louise when she's back from her maternity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

I think impressions sketches are well and truly over and done with.

Advertisement