Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭statto25

They should give Claire the slot permanently, or Louise when she's back from her maternity.

Sounds like Muireann left some topics for Claire to discuss while she is covering......Pure Drivel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

statto25 wrote: »
    Sounds like Muireann left some topics for Claire to discuss while she is covering......Pure Drivel

I thought the same :rolleyes:

Just play music and if something funny or worthwhile gets text in then go with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭thesaurus2

Sad to see Hector out of another gig. I enjoyed his show if in the car. Most DJ's on radio do not have a clue about music, I always felt Hector knew his stuff, and even when faced with a playlist of utter ****e most of the time, he'd sneak in some decent tunes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

thesaurus2 wrote: »
    Sad to see Hector out of another gig. I enjoyed his show if in the car. Most DJ's on radio do not have a clue about music, I always felt Hector knew his stuff, and even when faced with a playlist of utter ****e most of the time, he'd sneak in some decent tunes.

He is still a pain in the hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

He is still a pain in the hole.

Are you ok Mikey? Normally everyone on Today FM is amazeballs......:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Do you not like hearing about how to prevent sweaty boobs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

I'm not sure it really matters who's presenting the daytime shows on Today FM. There seems to be a formula in place which everyone has to stick to. The presenters are pretty much interchangeable and they have to all stick to playing the same set playlists and forced "hilarious" banter all day long. The station is steadily but surely dumbing down. Now that they've ruined the daytime schedule, they're setting their sights on the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Juniper Petite Sordidness

I'm not sure it really matters who's presenting the daytime shows on Today FM. There seems to be a formula in place which everyone has to stick to. The presenters are pretty much interchangeable and they have to all stick to playing the same set playlists and forced "hilarious" banter all day long. The station is steadily but surely dumbing down. Now that they've ruined the daytime schedule, they're setting their sights on the weekend.

cant wait till Ferg goes on about preventing nut sweat while wearing skinny jeans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

I often wonder how can the likes of Muireann O’Connell or Fergal Darcy can not be mortified by the absolute drivel that they talk about for 2-3 hours on a daily basis? Surely they must realise that they talk about absolute garbage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

Today FM is so different compared to what the station was in the 2000's

Why they felt the need to change direction so radically is beyond me

The station you could put on all day a few short years ago to a station I never put on at all during weekdays (And with Mario joining the weekend lineup I wont be listening to him also!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Juniper Petite Sordidness

gamecube wrote: »
    Today FM is so different compared to what the station was in the 2000's

Why they felt the need to change direction so radically is beyond me

The station you could put on all day a few short years ago to a station I never put on at all during weekdays (And with Mario joining the weekend lineup I wont be listening to him also!)

they had a awesome selection of music, like some decent indie/irish bands who were off the radar...I could deal with the inane banter from the hosts of the show if they stopped playing the same 10 bands/pop songs , adele/beyonce/taylor swift/ed sheeran

I heard that Ariana Grande song at least 3 times today. Just let the presenters control the music and stop forcing all this pop sh!te on the listeners

Being honest I did laugh a lot at Dermots vengabus cover today

I'm showing my age here because I grew up listening to 2FM. Back then, the DJs seemed to have more control over what they played and didn't yak on the way they do now. And so, I got to hear a better variety of music than what was in the Top 40. Sure, there were times when I'd get fed up of Gareth O'Callaghan playing the Doobie Brothers and that Tony Fenton loved Tears for Fears' "Advice for the young at heart" a bit too much. But the nice thing was that the shows had their own identities and the presenters had a genuine interest in the music they were playing.

The station is steadily but surely being broken down. I used to enjoy the Sunday morning double bill of the Sunday Business Show and then Sam Smyth's current affairs program. Both are now gone. The Last Word is a shadow of its former self and has been dumbed down. I'm surprised they've not yet get their claws into Paul McLoone's night time show but it's probably only a matter of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,955 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Anyone else thinking of the "I Can't Believe It's Not Heart FM" conglomerate that takes over Alan Partridge's station in Alpha Papa right now? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

Anyone else thinking of the "I Can't Believe It's Not Heart FM" conglomerate that takes over Alan Partridge's station in Alpha Papa right now? :pac:

Gordale media with CEO Mikey Taylor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Sunday Roast with Mario.... Sunday Sitting Room with Hector....whats next? Sunday Sesh' with Laura Whitmore?

She's hinted in an interview that she is sick of the UK and wants to move back to Ireland, unless I'm looking too deep into it.
    https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/2763777/irish-telly-star-laura-whitmore-33-reveals-reason-she-called-time-on-mtv-was-because-she-was-too-old-and-she-was-sick-of-london-lifestyle/
    I'd never move to London. I love Ireland too much. She never should have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Not in work today and listened to breakfast show in first time in ages

How bad is gift grub.. Tommy Gorman so called sketch.. Can't believe they are still flogging this as humour..

Not in work today and listened to breakfast show in first time in ages

How bad is gift grub.. Tommy Gorman so called sketch.. Can't believe they are still flogging this as humour..

Heard it yesterday for the first time in months, I had forgotten how bad it is

Gift Grub should be canned, it's not been funny for years!

This is the kind of S**t that Mario will be doing for 2 hours on a Sunday soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,996 ✭✭✭furiousox

EPAndlee wrote: »
    Heard it yesterday for the first time in months, I had forgotten how bad it is

It usually involves a lot of shouting to distract you from the lack of humour.

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

I heard that Ariana Grande song at least 3 times today. Just let the presenters control the music and stop forcing all this pop sh!te on the listeners

Being honest I did laugh a lot at Dermots vengabus cover today

Well, they play that Ann Marie song every hour on the hour. Insanity.

Well, they play that Ann Marie song every hour on the hour. Insanity.

That's because her and Fergal are such good friends

Will Ray Foley ever return to the national airwaves again?

He is some man to do what he is doing at the moment

Live in Cork Monday to Friday, drive to Dublin Friday after his breakfast show on Red fm. Do the Six o clock show then

Sleep in his own bed in Dublin Friday & Saturday night & then return to Cork Sunday evening!

That's only 2 days he gets to spend with his wife & young family

This is a hellish routine for anybody, but I suppose he has to pay the bills & stay in Cork cause a return to broadcasting from a Dublin studio looks a long shot to ever happen again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

gamecube wrote: »
    Will Ray Foley ever return to the national airwaves again?

He is some man to do what he is doing at the moment

Live in Cork Monday to Friday, drive to Dublin Friday after his breakfast show on Red fm. Do the Six o clock show then

Sleep in his own bed in Dublin Friday & Saturday night & then return to Cork Sunday evening!

That's only 2 days he gets to spend with his wife & young family

This is a hellish routine for anybody, but I suppose he has to pay the bills & stay in Cork cause a return to broadcasting from a Dublin studio looks a long shot to ever happen again.

Not the first time he's made out to be some kind of victim on this thread, because he took a job in another city. That's life. Many people do it and don't get anywhere near the money he does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Last Sunday business show is on now. The last 15 minutes could be interesting. I dont think Conall is going to hold back

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Alicano

Last Sunday business show is on now. The last 15 minutes could be interesting. I dont think Conall is going to hold back

Jesus he ripped in to it.. Great honest radio. Emotional too.

What did he say?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Alicano

What did he say?

Got very emotional talking about approx 30 people who took there lives during the recession years because of the pressures on their business' ..stated that podcasts are the future of all talk radio as Today fm and music radio succumbs to Spotify and other streaming platforms. Not directly quoting him btw. Displayed his anger at 9 days notice of being axed.. Huge thanks to various folks too.. Mad honest radio though. So rare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭touts

Unbelievable decision by Today FM. Taking the best business show on Irish radio off the air to be replaced by yet more music. I could understand if they moved it to Newstalk but to simply axe the show is nuts. I'd imagine there are a fair few media outlets who will be looking to move quickly to get teamsbs into their podcast stables.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Methinks that’s all in Fergals head !!
    That's because her and Fergal are such good friends

Advertisement