Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Juniper Petite Sordidness

touts wrote: »
    Unbelievable decision by Today FM. Taking the best business show on Irish radio off the air to be replaced by yet more music. I could understand if they moved it to Newstalk but to simply axe the show is nuts. I'd imagine there are a fair few media outlets who will be looking to move quickly to get teamsbs into their podcast stables.

apparently they think we want more Alison Curtis rambling on about babies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

This is the same station that hired Al Porter. I surprised the powers that be had the brain cells to notice there was a Sunday morning business show on the station.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

The way things are going will they renew the contract for premier league live when it is up for renewal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,959 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The way things are going will they renew the contract for premier league live when it is up for renewal

They'd bloody well want to.

Ah I'm sure they well. Millennials like their football and those footballers with their nice hair and colourful football boots

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,237 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I'd be surprised if the last show is put up to listen back if he had a go at the end.it seems the today fm management have developed a thin skin like Donald trump. Well the people in charge if they keep this up will make the situation so bad it'll all end in tears. I'd hate to see it but there will come a point where heads will roll because it's a mess at the moment. None of the decisions they have made programme wise seem to be on logic or seem well thought out in any way.

The Anton savage decision made no sense and seemed petty.
    Al Porter was a bad decision excluding the issues that arose after it. He should never have been hired in the first place.
    There are presenters in the wrong place like dermot and Dave and muireann took way too long to get a show of her own when it's clear she is good enough.

The last word has gone to the dogs from what I can see. Matt Cooper is playing the easily offended role constantly when I know he's better than that.

Gift grub is past his glory days with years, yet it'll be on on a Sunday now as well.
    I liked nadine o regan but somehow they decided let's get rid of that.

I'd be surprised if Ed smith and Paul mcloone are there on air within a year. I mean this crowd have form so why not ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if the last show is put up to listen back if he had a go at the end.it seems the today fm management have developed a thin skin like Donald trump. Well the people in charge if they keep this up will make the situation so bad it'll all end in tears. I'd hate to see it but there will come a point where heads will roll because it's a mess at the moment. None of the decisions they have made programme wise seem to be on logic or seem well thought out in any way.

The Anton savage decision made no sense and seemed petty.
    Al Porter was a bad decision excluding the issues that arose after it. He should never have been hired in the first place.
    There are presenters in the wrong place like dermot and Dave and muireann took way too long to get a show of her own when it's clear she is good enough.

The last word has gone to the dogs from what I can see. Matt Cooper is playing the easily offended role constantly when I know he's better than that.

Gift grub is past his glory days with years, yet it'll be on on a Sunday now as well.
    I liked nadine o regan but somehow they decided let's get rid of that.

I'd be surprised if Ed smith and Paul mcloone are there on air within a year. I mean this crowd have form so why not ?

What have you been taking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Juniper Petite Sordidness

What have you been taking?

pot kettle with some of your "theories"

I listened back to the last part of the Sunday Business Show. Surprisingly, they left most of Conall O Móráin's closing speech, only cutting out the bit where I assume he was going to give details about the new podcast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

Not the first time he's made out to be some kind of victim on this thread, because he took a job in another city. That's life. Many people do it and don't get anywhere near the money he does.

I wouldn't say that Ray Foley is on mega money at Red FM

I am just saying that he should really sell house and move to Cork & to hell with all the travelling up and down to Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

gamecube wrote: »
    I wouldn't say that Ray Foley is on mega money at Red FM

I am just saying that he should really sell house and move to Cork & to hell with all the travelling up and down to Dublin

What did he do to get black balled from the Dublin/national radio scene?

redbuck wrote: »

As far as I know, his show on 98FM tanked - he's probably not a good fit for Dublin audiences. Unless 2FM wanted to take a pun on him, I can't see where else he could go in the capital. I presume you know the story (told by Ray on his now-defunct podcast) of how he was shafted by Today FM?

redbuck wrote: »

Put the boot into Today FM management on a podcast he made

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

For the amount of times I've heard him on redfm I don't think he's all that good

As far as I know, his show on 98FM tanked - he's probably not a good fit for Dublin audiences. Unless 2FM wanted to take a pun on him, I can't see where else he could go in the capital. I presume you know the story (told by Ray on his now-defunct podcast) of how he was shafted by Today FM?

I remember Dan Healy saying in an interview that he would not be bringing him to 2fm, it looks like Cork is going to be his work base for a long time

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

gamecube wrote: »
    I remember Dan Healy saying in an interview that he would not be bringing him to 2fm, it looks like Cork is going to be his work base for a long time
    I don't think he would fit in anywhere on the 2FM schedule to be honest.

marno21 wrote: »

Hypothetical scenario: Eoghan gets offered a radio gig in Australia on the back of narrating Love Island there. Ray takes over the weekday drivetime show. Unlikely I know, but not impossible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

marno21 wrote: »

perhaps he would not be wanted there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Hypothetical scenario: Eoghan gets offered a radio gig in Australia on the back of narrating Love Island there. Ray takes over the weekday drivetime show. Unlikely I know, but not impossible.

I thought Ireland stopped sending its problems to Australia

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Totally out of sync with 2FM's current hiring policy. If anything 2FM would be better off hiring a drivetime presenter who would host a music driven drimetime show, Ray Foley is too personality driven for a drivetime show on a music station targeting 15-34 year olds.
    perhaps he would not be wanted there

That too.

• Advertisement

I can see him quitting presenting altogether when he tires of the Cork/Dublin treadmill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,959 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Ah I'm sure they well. Millennials like their football and those footballers with their nice hair and colourful football boots

You must be some craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭statto25

Muireann in for D&D this week....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,707 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Muireann in for Dermot and Dave yet again,doesn't say much for her own show that she is moved to fill in for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

I totally agree. It makes a nonsense of having her own show.
    Muireann in for Dermot and Dave yet again,doesn't say much for her own show that she is moved to fill in for them

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Limerick91

I would think it suits her better to have more free time between her radio show and the 6 O'Clock show on TV3

statto25 wrote: »
    Muireann in D&D this week....

Groan. (switches over to the Nicky Byrne Show)

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭adr_sullivan

I listened back to the last part of the Sunday Business Show. Surprisingly, they left most of Conall O Móráin's closing speech, only cutting out the bit where I assume he was going to give details about the new podcast.

Where were you able to listen back to the show. Just checked the Web site and it is all gone.

Thanks

I went into shows and it was still there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Dermot and Dave another week off, seriously what's the point of having a show. That's literally 4 weeks off, and a few days aswell taken off since Christmas.

And to take that head wrecker off her own show to replace them is a terrible idea, her nonsense is hard enough to listen to her in he afternoon. This station is going downhill quickly and I think it'll be too late before they realise it

Advertisement