Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,707 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Dermot and Dave another week off, seriously what's the point of having a show. That's literally 4 weeks off, and a few days aswell taken off since Christmas.

And to take that head wrecker off her own show to replace them is a terrible idea, her nonsense is hard enough to listen to her in he afternoon. This station is going downhill quickly and I think it'll be too late before they realise it

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭adr_sullivan

I went into shows and it was still there.

Appearing as a blank page for me now

https://www.todayfm.com/The-Sunday-Business-Show/listen-back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Same here. I listened back last night and the page must've still be cached on my phone when I checked earlier. It'll be like the show never existed on the station. Hopefully it'll do well as a podcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

I'm sure Dermot & Dave are entitled to days off like the rest of us. Surely it makes more sense to put in someone like Claire Beck in for Dermot & Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

EPAndlee wrote: »
    I'm sure Dermot & Dave are entitled to days off like the rest of us. Surely it makes more sense to put in someone like Claire Beck in for Dermot & Dave

Of course, but they are literally taking a week off every month since Christmas. If it's not both of them it's one Not ideal for national radio.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Of course, but they are literally taking a week off every month since Christmas. If it's not both of them it's one Not ideal for national radio.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

I know I would do that if I could get away with it

threein99 wrote: »
    :confused:

I'm not wrong.

I'm not wrong.

Whether you are wrong or right doesn't bother me, what baffles me more is why would you care so much if two lads off the radio who you don't seem to like take time off ?

Whether you are wrong or right doesn't bother me, what baffles me more is why would you care so much if two lads off the radio who you don't seem to like take time off ?

I do like the show. I just can't understand why or how they take so much time off. Then they seem to just wing it with replacements. I don't recall any other presenters on any station take as much if any time off.

Prime time radio too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,237 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I do like the show. I just can't understand why or how they take so much time off. Then they seem to just wing it with replacements. I don't recall any other presenters on any station take as much if any time off.

Prime time radio too

:confused: RTÉ radio 1 on line one.

Itssoeasy wrote: »

That is one station I don't think I've ever listened to apart from the hurling once or twice a year.

Who did the 12-2 slot today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭statto25

Itssoeasy wrote: »

That is one station I don't think I've ever listened to apart from the hurling once or twice a year.

Paula McSweeney

statto25 wrote: »
    Paula McSweeney

So 3 shows messed around because 1 goes on holidays. Seems to be that they wouldn't run a lemonade stall never mind a national radio station.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Juniper Petite Sordidness

statto25 wrote: »
    Paula McSweeney
    it got worse than Muireann

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Not possible.
    it got worse than Muireann

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,237 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It still doesn't mean that the fact you said today fm presenters take more time off that any other station isn't correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭Radio5

Is Ed Smith replacing Louise Duffy for the duration of her leave or will it be week by week I wonder.

Sad to see the Sunday Business Show gone. They seem to be going all out for 'personality' radio now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,175 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Radio5 wrote: »
    Is Ed Smith replacing Louise Duffy for the duration of her leave or will it be week by week I wonder.

Sad to see the Sunday Business Show gone. They seem to be going all out for 'personality' radio now.

A few years ago they had Sam Smyth on Sunday morning. In recent years they had the Business Show followed by Neil Delamere.

These were all grand easy listening shows for a Sunday morning - to have on in the car if you were going to a match or having in the background while you were reading the paper or making the Sunday morning fry.

I've more or less stopped listening to Today FM during weekdays now. I might tune in for a bit of The Last Word or Paul McCloone.

I wont bother tuning in on Sunday now until Eds Songs of Praise. I will listen to some of Block Rockin Beats and Kelly Ann Byrne on Saturday evenings if I'm in the car or at home.

10 years ago I would have listened to Today FM all weekdays and most weekends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

The mission of Today FM management in 2018 is to put in presenters to make the station as s**te as possible

I just know what Mario's new Sunday show is going to be like before it evens starts

Plenty of rubbish Daniel O'Donnell impressions followed by Miriam o' Callaghan saying....genuinely!

The content of the station has nose dived big time in the past couple of years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Sad to see the Sunday Business Show gone

I didn't listen to it every week (sometimes I wasn't in the humour for Conall O'Móráin's positivity at that hour of a Sunday) but it was different and it was an enjoyable show which presumably would have attracted an advertiser friendly audience.

His final show was passionate and demonstrated Conall's belief and enthusiasm in SMEs. He didn't criticise Today FM, save for one line about how linear talk radio is losing out to podcasts and the Internet. Passionate but professional to the end.

With every cull we lose passionate people like Conall who turn up every week because they believe in their show and their listeners. Radio is becoming more generic with every revamp and soon there won't be much left for anyone who thinks radio should be more than just background noise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

He also got in a dig at the show being cancelled at such short notice. Someone from the team is on his holidays at the moment and he said he wouldn't have expected the show to be cancelled while he was away. It'll be interesting to hear what the new podcast is like and how well it does in the online world.

The Mario Rosenstock idea sounds horrific, unless there are plans afoot to improve the content of the sketches. Is he trying to play catchup with Oliver Callan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Radio5 wrote: »
    Yes, for all of her maternity leave.

No doubt he'll be on holidays at some point and they'll all swap around again.
    Once upon a time it was Phil Cawley who seemed to be the filler-inner.

Doesn't make sense to disrupt so many shows just cos D&D on holidays.
    Unless ... the bigger picture is to see the response to the different DJs in different slots to their own?
    Paula Mac will be next for maternity leave, so another vacant slot in the autumn.

Muireann has been grand in the 9-12 slot this week, just shows the format of her show is pants

Muireann has been grand in the 9-12 slot this week, just shows the format of her show is pants

Na. She is pants. The whole station is pants but the idiots at work won't let me change the station

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Na. She is pants. The whole station is pants but the idiots at work won't let me change the station

I agree. Dave Davin should have been given the slot. And as for Fergal Farcey, OH GOD. PLEASE. NO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I happen to like Fergal and don't get the intense dislike some have for him here.

He's upbeat and friendly.
    And he plays a lot of Irish bands.
    I love switching on and hearing something new and good and then finding out more about them. There's a few young Irish bands I'd never have heard of, if it wasn't for Ferg.

(And I'm late 40s too, so not quite ready for the Sunday Miscellany pipe and slippers melancholic music just yet, despite assumptions.)

Kelly Anne Byrne is fab, Louse Duffy can be good too, I still listen to Ian in the mornings although Gift Grub can be hit and miss.
    I'm not a huge fan of Muireann but the great thing about radio is the ability to switch channels easily.

Fergal is grand but I hate how often he puts on that deep voice, really irritating but I put up with it. The girl on 2fm at the same time is better I think, love pump up the slump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

That voice- yes!!!! It’s so so irritating. I call it a growl and I really just don’t get why he does it. It’s so unnecessary and sounds ridiculous.
    Fergal is grand but I hate how often he puts on that deep voice, really irritating but I put up with it. The girl on 2fm at the same time is better I think, love pump up the slump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

She is terrible, absolutely brutal.

Advertisement