Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

She is terrible, absolutely brutal.

Exactly. I actually am wishing for Al Porter back. Sorry not sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,959 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Dr. Ciara Kelly having a whinge Matt Cooper now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,237 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

No you aren't mikey.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    No you aren't mikey.

You might not be. But I am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,959 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    No you aren't mikey.

He did say before he was a big fan of Porters, back when Darren Quilty was the best DJ around.

• Advertisement

pjohnson wrote: »
    He did say before he was a big fan of Porters, back when Darren Quilty was the best DJ around.

Never heard of him. Is he any relation to Dara?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

Caught a little bit of Gift Grub yesterday morning, what a load of s**t

Mario singing about BBQ's, and this is the s**t that Today FM decided was needed for people across Ireland to listen to on a Sunday Morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Dermot and Dave off again next week. Joe is in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

gamecube wrote: »
    Caught a little bit of Gift Grub yesterday morning, what a load of s**t

Mario singing about BBQ's, and this is the s**t that Today FM decided was needed for people across Ireland to listen to on a Sunday Morning!

This is the station run by people who thought Al Porter was suitable daytime radio fare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Dermot and Dave off again next week. Joe is in

That'll bring them up to 6 weeks holidays since Christmas, 7 for Dermot.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

She is terrible, absolutely brutal.

Stop with the charade. You were raging that Porter left in the first place.

You must actually think we all came down in the last shower

Faugheen wrote: »
    Stop with the charade. You were raging that Porter left in the first place.

You must actually think we all came down in the last shower

If you don't like him that's fine. I thought he was funny.

This is the station run by people who thought Al Porter was suitable daytime radio fare.

There is some clever genius making these great decision's alright!

Is everybody getting ready to listen to Mario's broadcasting Masterclass!

Today FM is going to new heights this Sunday morning!

11am......don't miss it guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

I'm afraid to tune in. Is it as bad as I think it's going to be?

I'm afraid to tune in. Is it as bad as I think it's going to be?

So far it's coming across as a rip off of Brendan o' connor's cutting edge

Mario & 3 people talking about the weeks events

Mario said.....so what are you putting in the roast?

It reminds me so much of Brendan saying.....so what are you putting on the slab?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Today FM is a mess these days.

Muireann is awful.

D'arcy is awful. I can't believe they actually hired him. He just laps up the whole "irish stereotype" the whole time. Had enough of that with him on iRadio.

Used to listen to dermot and dave on 98 and it was good. Now I'm sick of them.

Dermot makes a joke and you just hear Dave laughing uncontrollably...especially during say stuff that suits the music. Just because you're fake laughing, doesn't mean I will find it funny!

And I really can't believe gift grub is still going. That died years ago. It was funny about 12 years ago where no one had these imitations. Now we hear them everywhere on social media and radio. boooooring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Rulmeq

Pussyhands wrote: »

Muireann is awful.

D'arcy is awful. I can't believe they actually hired him. He just laps up the whole "irish stereotype" the whole time. Had enough of that with him on iRadio.

Dermot makes a joke and you just hear Dave laughing uncontrollably...especially during say stuff that suits the music. Just because you're fake laughing, doesn't mean I will find it funny!

And I really can't believe gift grub is still going. That died years ago. It was funny about 12 years ago where no one had these imitations. Now we hear them everywhere on social media and radio. boooooring.

I really like Muireann. Fergal D'Arcy was fun-ish when new (but so repetitive now), D&D used to do a lot less talking when they were on 98FM, (or was it FM104?), and the show was better for it - less is more sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Rulmeq wrote: »
    I really like Muireann. Fergal D'Arcy was fun-ish when new (but so repetitive now), D&D used to do a lot less talking when they were on 98FM, (or was it FM104?), and the show was better for it - less is more sometimes.

A dj who just plays the music would be nice
    Phil cawley is the closest thing to it these days
    Or Ed Smith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Eamon Dunphy is the guest

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Rulmeq wrote: »

What exactly is it you really like about Muireann ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Synode wrote: »
    Eamon Dunphy is the guest

He's turning on the water works

Eamon Dunphy sobbing during Martin Luther King's 'I have a dream speech' was the most i'd laughed listening to the Radio in a long time!

I hope the guys that make Apres Match were listening!

All i could think of was their sketch where Dunphy was crying buckets of tears during his meaning of life interview with Gay Byrne!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Eamon Dunphy sobbing during Martin Luther King's 'I have a dream speech' was the most i'd laughed listening to the Radio in a long time!

I hope the guys that make Apres Match were listening!

All i could think of was their sketch where Dunphy was crying buckets of tears during his meaning of life interview with Gay Byrne!

Dunphy also had a dream

About Wes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

You have summed it all up perfectly!
    Pussyhands wrote: »

Muireann is awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Juniper Petite Sordidness

What exactly is it you really like about Muireann ?

in my opinion, she's the least irritating on the current weekday staff of Paula/Ian/D&D/Ferg/ Matt/Louise ...while she wouldn't hold a candle to the glory days, shes prob one of the better current hosts....

Dempsey's a tired act
    D&D doesn't suit that time - they were fun at lunchtime
    Ferg is annoying, tries too hard to be cool and the recycled nonsense like the most Irish whatever is dire
    Paula is loud annoying, no one cares that you've a fella
    Alison Curtis - oh god she's painful, the voice and baby crap
    Louise um ah, thank god Ed took over for a while, maybe make it permanent
    Cooper, I've said my stuff previous here and the LW thread, tldr its being dumbed down/sjw'y
    McLoone is fantastic, but knowing the way today fm are going he'll be next cut

ive a feeling they want at least one female on the day time and out of her, Paula, Louise and Alison, shes the best of a poor bunch

10 years ago you would hear Arcade Fire played on Ray D'Arcy's show

And Tony Fenton would play loads of different stuff that wasn't in the charts

The playlist needs more variation!

2fm has gone in that direction & it's working well for them but I think Today FM should be different to them

The JNLR figures would be better too if it was (And a clear out of most of it's daytime presenters)

Do to Today FM what Dan Healy did to 2fm in 2014, clear the decks. (And it worked)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

wow :rolleyes:

wow :rolleyes:

Not a Ray D'Arcy fan i take it!

But to be fair to him he played whatever he wanted in music terms

It wasn't all chart music

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

And Tony Fenton would play loads of different stuff that wasn't in the charts

The playlist needs more variation!

We have TodayFM on in the office all day and hearing the same stuff all day long is beyond tiresome. They seem to have a hard-on for terribly boring, identikit Irish bands eg; Picture This, The Script, The Coronas, The Academic etc. I can't tell any of these bands apart btw apart from Picture This and that's because of the god awful high pitched vocalist they have.

Picture This are perhaps the worst Irish band I've heard in a decade but TodayFM seem to think they're the next U2.

Advertisement