Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Juniper Petite Sordidness

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Allison is in for Dempsey this coming week. Don’t say ye weren’t warned...

Taking bets on how many times does she mention her twitter account/the text no / babies ... I won’t do the drinking game as I’d be hammered after the first half an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Allison who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

The Brazilian goalkeeper. The lad Liverpool wanted to sign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,448 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Taking bets on how many times does she mention her twitter account/the text no / babies ... I won’t do the drinking game as I’d be hammered after the first half an hour

I dont often drink at 7am on a Monday morning, but when i do....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Dermot and Dave off again next week. Joe is in

Who told Joe Donnelly that he'd be good on radio? He has a voice for insomniacs.
    The whole station is going to hell in a handcart these days. Should never have moved D&D off mid-day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

whiterebel wrote: »
    Who told Joe Donnelly that he'd be good on radio? He has a voice for insomniacs.
    The whole station is going to hell in a handcart these days. Should never have moved D&D off mid-day.

Joe is perfect for that time of morning. Dermot and daves 'banter' would be better suited to Darcy's afternoon slot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭nc6000

Joe is perfect for that time of morning. Dermot and daves 'banter' would be better suited to Darcy's afternoon slot.

Yes, having them laughing and chuckling just after 9am is just too early although I can't suggest any other time it's suitable for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭prunudo

Personally I like Joe, he's easier to listen to than the forced banter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

I couldn’t agree more. Joe is absolutely brilliant. I was actually looking forward to listening to his show when he was on for those two weeks. He’s 100% natural. He’s a great personality and no old waffle with him. If only he could be on permanently.
    jvan wrote: »
    Personally I like Joe, he's easier to listen to than the forced banter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

johnire wrote: »
    I couldn’t agree more. Joe is absolutely brilliant. I was actually looking forward to listening to his show when he was on for those two weeks. He’s 100% natural. He’s a great personality and no old waffle with him. If only he could be on permanently.
    He doesn't take himself too seriously anyway

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭aroundthehouse

Anyone else think Joe Donnelly sounds very like the celebrity gardener Gerry Daly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

It's not all that long ago that people were calling for Muireann to get a permanent slot. Now she can't do anything right. Be careful what you wish for.

It's not all that long ago that people were calling for Muireann to get a permanent slot. Now she can't do anything right. Be careful what you wish for.

I think Muireann is unfairly getting a bit of a hard time but i cant understand why todayfm dont have her on the mid morning slot and D&D on lunchtime, it would make far more sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Her show format is utter garbage, she was grand sitting in for Dermot and Dave a couple of weeks back.

threein99 wrote: »
    Her show format is utter garbage, she was grand sitting in for Dermot and Dave a couple of weeks back.

I'm not sure her show is any different to ray foley back in the day,its a difficult slot to be able to do anything different in,she would be far more suited to the mid morning slot where they take phone calls from someone with a quirkey problem,or talk about something a bit serious etc,the lunchtime slot is all about fun so D&D are ideal for that,tony cascarinos club classics was made for friday lunchtime

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

D&D with Rachel Allen the other day was the stuff of legend, just what they are good at. Some of the Best radio fror me, along with them talking to Diarmuid Gavin, and Mario's Roy v Roy and Ronan meets Ronan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

I didn't think Rachel Allen would be up for that, she'd a good laugh at it in fairness

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Am I the only person who thinks D&D are the unfunniest two on radio around (ok maybe PJ and the other guy on Classic Hits are as bad), the only people laughing at their jokes are themselves (and whoever they know in Communicorp who keep them in employment).

Even back in the 98FM days they were pathetic and nothing has changed, maybe it’s a sign of the poor ‘has been’ radio hosts we are subjected to.

Yea. I would kind of agree with you. I don’t particularly mind either of them but it’s the same old thing rehashed with them week in week out. They have the “Irish “ thing done to death.
    As regards genuinely not understanding the appeal of someone I honestly do not get how anyone thinks Fergal Darcy is funny or interesting. He talks absolute rubbish and he constantly talks about “back in the day “. His language too at times can be very questionable for a nationwide afternoon show.
    Am I the only person who thinks D&D are the unfunniest two on radio around (ok maybe PJ and the other guy on Classic Hits are as bad), the only people laughing at their jokes are themselves (and whoever they know in Communicorp who keep them in employment).

Even back in the 98FM days they were pathetic and nothing has changed, maybe it’s a sign of the poor ‘has been’ radio hosts we are subjected to.

D'arcy really harps on about "irish" aswell. Typical "immersion" ****e.

Here's darcy being a creep in a music video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0GrTQEMdAA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

That song is complete horsesh!t

Pussyhands wrote: »
    D'arcy really harps on about "irish" aswell. Typical "immersion" ****e.

Here's darcy being a creep in a music video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0GrTQEMdAA

what is up with that guy?

I don’t know. I find him a very strange character altogether.
    what is up with that guy?

I don’t know. I find him a very strange character altogether.

I have to agree, i dont think hes all there to be honest, even when he is presenting he seems to be on another planet

I have to agree, i dont think hes all there to be honest, even when he is presenting he seems to be on another planet

He is on another planet often enough alright. :eek:

Pussyhands wrote: »
    He is on another planet often enough alright. :eek:

Any pictures i see of him he looks demented

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

I'm not sure her show is any different to ray foley back in the day,its a difficult slot to be able to do anything different in,she would be far more suited to the mid morning slot where they take phone calls from someone with a quirkey problem,or talk about something a bit serious etc,the lunchtime slot is all about fun so D&D are ideal for that,tony cascarinos club classics was made for friday lunchtime

I thought Ray Foley was dreadful as well

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭penelope2012

I am unfollowing this thread as it seems to be all just about slagging off presenters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

no your not... its an awful show which sums of Today FM today..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

No, you are not alone.

Cannot stand them, whelan is about as funny as Des Bishop, but even more annoying........who knew that was possible.
    Whelan cracks crap joke, the other gimp wets himself, rinse and repeat........awful.
    We usually change channels on the radio in our office, but now Today is off limits when they are on, health and safety reasons....:P

Advertisement