Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unplugged and Offline

Options
  • 05-12-2016 9:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

I came up with an idea for a TV show and I wanted to know what people thought.

Series Name "Unplugged and Offline"

The show follows people from different households and different walks of life as they try to confront their dependence on technology and go unplugged and offline for two weeks. This show will follow their journey which I would imagine would be a roller coaster of emotion.

Format

A show where a family signs up for two weeks of abstaining from all communications devices including tv, smartphones, computers. The show will follow their reaction of each family member as all of these devices are taken away from them. They will be given an old Nokia phone in replacement of their smartphone for basic communication. After two weeks they are given back their devices back.

In the first scene we take a look at the family in question and show how all of them use their devices in their daily lives. We will question them on how they feel about being unplugged and offline for two weeks.

In the second scene the show presenter appears at the family home at the crack of dawn and takes all electronic devices from the family including unplugging cable tv. This is Day One of their 14 day challenge

Over the next fourteen days we follow the family in their challenge to try to adapt to a life of being unplugged and offline. As part of the show we will have cams installed throughout their home as well as having a camera crew. The presenter will interact with family throughout to see how life has changed since being unplugged.

Finally after two weeks the family are reunited with their devices and the cameras are there to track their reaction. We then do interviews with each family member to see if their dependence on devices has changed since two weeks ago.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

I came up with an idea for a TV show and I wanted to know what people thought.

Series Name "Unplugged and Offline"

The show follows people from different households and different walks of life as they try to confront their dependence on technology and go unplugged and offline for two weeks. This show will follow their journey which I would imagine would be a roller coaster of emotion.

Format

A show where a family signs up for two weeks of abstaining from all communications devices including tv, smartphones, computers. The show will follow their reaction of each family member as all of these devices are taken away from them. They will be given an old Nokia phone in replacement of their smartphone for basic communication. After two weeks they are given back their devices back.

In the first scene we take a look at the family in question and show how all of them use their devices in their daily lives. We will question them on how they feel about being unplugged and offline for two weeks.

In the second scene the show presenter appears at the family home at the crack of dawn and takes all electronic devices from the family including unplugging cable tv. This is Day One of their 14 day challenge

Over the next fourteen days we follow the family in their challenge to try to adapt to a life of being unplugged and offline. As part of the show we will have cams installed throughout their home as well as having a camera crew. The presenter will interact with family throughout to see how life has changed since being unplugged.

Finally after two weeks the family are reunited with their devices and the cameras are there to track their reaction. We then do interviews with each family member to see if their dependence on devices has changed since two weeks ago.

There was show based on that in the past, more of a documentary if I remember rightly. Think it was one man, one woman and a school girl. None of them managed to remain offline for the entire duration.

Advertisement