Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Of Ireland Mortgage - Homebond

Options
  • 05-12-2016 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

Hi All,

Finally (hopefully) in the last stages of getting my mortgage drawn down with BOI. But today another issue appeared BOI are asking for the Homebond cert for the property but it is not covered by homebond. Instead it is covered by CRL insurance.
    Does anyone know if this is acceptable by BOI?

Many thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Ask them?

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭lfc200

athtrasna wrote: »
    Ask them?

Literally only came across it this evening after BOI were closed so asked here in the hope that someone might know.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

lfc200 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Finally (hopefully) in the last stages of getting my mortgage drawn down with BOI. But today another issue appeared BOI are asking for the Homebond cert for the property but it is not covered by homebond. Instead it is covered by CRL insurance.

Presumably they cover the same things but youd have to check the policy.

Many thanks,

Now thats where the problem lies. Never underestimate Bank Of Irelands irrationality! Good luck!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hi All,

Many thanks,

It should be fine. The wording should be homebond or similar type approved structural insurance guarantee.

But, only BoI can confirm tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭lfc200

kceire wrote: »
    It should be fine. The wording should be homebond or similar type approved structural insurance guarantee.

But, only BoI can confirm tomorrow.

Thats what I'm hoping. This whole thing has dragged on now over 6 months having paid the deposit on the property in early June so just getting very anxious on it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭by the seaside

Thats what I'm hoping. This whole thing has dragged on now over 6 months having paid the deposit on the property in early June so just getting very anxious on it now.

Good luck. We are drawing down today from BoI for a new build as well.

Advertisement