Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pizza project

Options
  • 05-12-2016 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭

Any idea what's going in here?
    Pity this place didn't last while dominoes and takeaways remain.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Not sure of the specifics but lack of custom surely was the main reason. Any time I passed it, the place was virtually empty while Rendez Vous next door would be packed to capacity. I think its menu while clever and innovative was a little too discerning for many of the Ongar locals. Admittedly, I only went there about 4 or 5 times in total but I always enjoyed their brunch or sandwiches.

I hope something decent replaces it or even just a chipper for the area that does pizzas a la Macaris or Romayos.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

I enjoyed that place immensely, I don't think it was the menu. I do think that service was one issue that put some people off.

You can't really compare it to rendezvous because their food is very quickly made. They have people in the kitchen and waiting staff.

The good thing about pizza project was the freshness and quality of the food. The bad thing is there was only one (or maybe two sometimes) making the food, so the turnaround was not good.

Advertisement