Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red deer shot in kerry shock horror

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭tomtucker81

Full of all the usual angry comments about hunting by the well informed and knowledgeable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭useurowname

It is a horror, more proof that laws in Ireland don't apply when you've plenty of dough.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 fieldcraft5

No one should be shocked really , this crap is happening in every corner of ireland where there is deer ,while there is a nickel to be made it's going to be exploited no diffirent to what's happening with the game dealers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,066 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Journal.ie "All the muck that's fit to rake!"

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭garrettod

Hi,

RTE claim the payment was €5k - no idea if thats reliable or not (and don't have great confidence in our state broadcaster).

Thanks,

G.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Hang on. The Journal's pretty low on the journalism scales (to be honest, I'm not sure if it's still on it), but that's the offical WDAI position as well and it makes sense. The allegation is that a farmer got a section 42 to cull deer and then sold "licences" to a tourist to come in and do the cull. That's well out of order if true. It's not what the section 42 is for, it would be unregulated hunting tourism on the sly.

Not to mention, if they'd been caught in the act, that tourist was for the high jump along with the guide. I seriously doubt "I bought a licence off Farmer Bloggs who has a section 42" would stand up in court as a defence against poaching, and then there's the question of the firearms licence as well, because if this was all being done under the table, I doubt that all the firearms paperwork was in order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

Maybe someone should contact the local td down there for a statement .......,oh wait.

Gunny,

I think you'll find that one of the local TDs holds a licenced firearm (and eh, wears a cap), might be interesting to see what his take on this one is .... ;)

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Does he still hold a licenced firearm these days? I understood there were complaints to the DoJ after a certain television appearance where he appeared to break the firearms act in several different ways and that the licence for said firearm had been revoked as a result.

Its a bit like "halls pictorial weekly" crossed with "father ted" down there. Logic and laws don't really apply.

Anyway the whole thing sounds like someone pulling a stroke,or a bit of cute hoorism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Look at the amount of foreign hunters who come out to shoot the woodcock. Only have to go onto YouTube to see the amount of them shot on west coast of Ireland. It's a disgrace.

gunny123 wrote: »
    Its a bit like "halls pictorial weekly" crossed with "father ted" down there. Logic and laws don't really apply..

:D:D:D
    Sparks wrote: »
    Does he still hold a licenced firearm these days? I understood there were complaints to the DoJ after a certain television appearance where he appeared to break the firearms act in several different ways and that the licence for said firearm had been revoked as a result.

While I don't know for a fact Sparks, I really doubt anyone would actually take that lad's licence away.... yours or mine - sure, but his, nahhhh.... at a push, I'd say someone whispered in his ear as he was leaving the Dail one evening and suggested that he should ask Santa for a safe this Christmas.

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Look at the amount of foreign hunters who come out to shoot the woodcock. Only have to go onto YouTube to see the amount of them shot on west coast of Ireland. It's a disgrace.

Lots of Irish lads go abroad to shoot as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,066 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

garrettod wrote: »
    :D:D:D

While I don't know for a fact Sparks, I really doubt anyone would actually take that lad's licence away.... yours or mine - sure, but his, nahhhh.... at a push, I'd say someone whispered in his ear as he was leaving the Dail one evening and suggested that he should ask Santa for a safe this Christmas.

They DID take them off him,and last time I heard, four or five months ago they were still in a Kerry gun dealers safe room. Think a case of the "nail that sticks up must be hammered down"

Really wonder how the rest of the EU manages without things like Sect 42,and seems to have plenty of game .:rolleyes:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Grizzly,

I am absolutely amazed about that..... Sparks, I stand corrected :)

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭Melodeon

Item on Pat Kenny show on Newstalk right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭tomtucker81

What was the story? Must have onky been a short snippet. Turned it on here and it's something else now.

Kenny just laid claim to the field the stag was shot in, so they pulled the item.

Advertisement