Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Work Suits

• 06-12-2016 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Looking for a few new suits for work for the new year.

Where ye lot getting yer work suits?

M&S? Debenhams? Some other retailer?

Dont want to spend a fortune for work, ball park of 200 odd each. but at the same time want to look dapper. Also anyone know are suits generally reduced in the sales too?

Much appreciated gentlemen!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Try TM Lewin. They are downstairs in House of Frasier in Dundrum, or they also have a shop on South Anne Street (just off Grafton Street)

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭MrSzyslak

Yeah a friend suggested there too.

Apparently they do a great deal on shirts too. 4 for 120 -160 depending on quality.

Thanks for reminding me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Got a decent suit in M&S recently, nice fit with a tapered leg (I don't like flarey trousers). 200 brick all in.

TM Lewin has good reports from friends.

I bought a wool suit from a place called Feraud (gone out of business now) just off grafton street less than two years ago and the arse is literally gone out of it. I'd sooner buy from M&S (or similar) than an apparently high end shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Have always gone with M&S for work suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

i kid you not , the suits in Penneys at the moment are beautiful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,741 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Wait till Jan and then hit House of Fraser in dundrum and M&S they always have great bargains matched with quality

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

Normally M&S for me as well...but today I picked a very nice tailored fit suit in NEXT for €151...

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭MrSzyslak

Cheers men.

So it looks like ill hit these places once the sales commence.

Cant bring myself to buy a suit in pennies however :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 82 ✭✭Paddy Porter

Recommend Bests menswear...shops in most of the bigger Malls...good selection and price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

Zara is really good for suits. They are made in Turkey rather than some sweat shop in SE Asia.

If you go to the one on King St Dublin 2. The staff will give you decent recommendations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Spotted some really nice suits in Debenhams at the weekend made by Hammond & Co. Decent price too, €218 for two piece, €278 for three piece. Really nice material and fit.

10% off for the next couple of days also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Keyzer wrote: »
    Spotted some really nice suits in Debenhams at the weekend made by Hammond & Co. Decent price too, €218 for two piece, €278 for three piece. Really nice material and fit.

10% off for the next couple of days also.

Agreed. Got a lovely suit in Debenhams for half price in January sales 3 years ago and it still looks and fits great! You can pick up loads of heavily discounted great quality formal shirts there from Stephens Day onwards as well.

Advertisement