Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Those phones from the Chinese shops

Options
  • 06-12-2016 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭

I want to get a iPhone 7, they’re €779 from the apple website and are the same price with Vodafone, slightly cheaper on meteor at €750.

I seen on adverts that the Chinese shops are selling these phones for €650 and are stating the phones are new, unopened in the box, sim free and have a years Apple warranty.
    Seems really good to be true.

How could they be that much cheaper? Are networks and Apple online really ripping everyone off or is there something wrong with these phones the Chinese shops are selling them for? Are the phone clone phones or maybe stolen and modified to be unlocked maybe?!

I’m assuming a lot here but was wondering for peoples input before I fork out €650. Anyone have any experience with buying a high spec phone from these shops?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Yes apple is a ripoff, you can buy a top-end phone for e300.

Regarding your online pricing, chinese shops often show the base price - this would not include vat or customs etc.

Advertisement