Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shanganagh Roundabout Area

Options
  • 06-12-2016 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hopefully someone can help me. I'm looking for some up to date information on the Shanganagh Roundabout area. We are looking to buy in Bayview or Seafield estates but have read a couple negative things on boards.ie about the surrounding area.

Be grateful for any information on the below areas:
    - Seafield
    - Bayview
    - Cromlech Fields
    - Shanganagh Cliffs
    - Rathsallagh
    - Ballybrack
    - Loughlinstown
    - Killiney

And any other information you may feel relevant, thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Hopefully someone can help me. I'm looking for some up to date information on the Shanganagh Roundabout area. We are looking to buy in Bayview or Seafield estates but have read a couple negative things on boards.ie about the surrounding area.

- Seafield
    - Bayview
    - Cromlech Fields
    - Shanganagh Cliffs
    - Rathsallagh
    - Ballybrack
    - Loughlinstown
    - Killiney

I lived in bayview for a few years and now live in Seafield. Both perfectly fine estates and wouldn't be in the same bracket as the other estates in the list. Both estates are kind of in a bubble and you don't notice Rathsallsgh, Cromlech, Shangannah cliffs etc.

Killiney doesn't have a village as such, just a pub and small newsagent.

Ballybrack has some shops, never being to the pubs there.
    Loughlinstown has a leisure centre , villagr/shops don't stand out as somewhere you'd want to go.

There's no shopping centre within walking distance. Tesco Ballybrack (not a great shop), Aldi and Lidl sallynoggin and Dunnes cornelscourt are the closest . Lidl have bought Shankill shopping centre but I reckon it'll be two years before they open.

The houses in bayview are slightly bigger than Seafield and they have direct beach access. But Some places in bayview back onto the WWTP, so be it depends on where in the estate you are looking.

Seafield is closer to the Dart station and is a smaller estate. There's beach access from Seafield road and through the lane into bayview.

When we bought we had a choice of Seafield and Bayview and choose Seafield, both are nice and you'll be happy in either. Price and location to the WWTP would be the decider

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

WWTP?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Echo what Ted said. I'm from Cromlech. Bayview and Seafield both lovely estates but if had the option between the 2 it would be Seafield

• Registered Users Posts: 15 countinsheep

ted1 wrote: »

- Seafield
    - Bayview
    - Cromlech Fields
    - Shanganagh Cliffs
    - Rathsallagh
    - Ballybrack
    - Loughlinstown
    - Killiney

I lived in bayview for a few years and now live in Seafield. Both perfectly fine estates and wouldn't be in the same bracket as the other estates in the list. Both estates are kind of in a bubble and you don't notice Rathsallsgh, Cromlech, Shangannah cliffs etc.

Killiney doesn't have a village as such, just a pub and small newsagent.

Ballybrack has some shops, never being to the pubs there.
    Loughlinstown has a leisure centre , villagr/shops don't stand out as somewhere you'd want to go.

There's  no shopping centre within walking distance. Tesco Ballybrack (not a great shop), Aldi and Lidl sallynoggin and Dunnes cornelscourt are the closest . Lidl have bought Shankill shopping centre but I reckon it'll be two years before they open.

The houses in bayview are slightly bigger than Seafield and they have direct beach access. But Some places in bayview back onto the WWTP, so be it depends on where in the estate you are looking.

Seafield is closer to the Dart station and is a smaller estate. There's beach access from Seafield road and through the lane into bayview.

When we bought we had a choice of Seafield and Bayview and choose Seafield, both are nice and you'll be happy in either. Price and location to the WWTP would be the decider
    Thanks for this information @ted1. Really appreciate it. 
    The WWTP, why would this matter, does is smell, is it loud?

• Advertisement

Thanks for this information @ted1. Really appreciate it. 
    The WWTP, why would this matter, does is smell, is it loud?

Occasionally there's a smell but it doesn't travel far.
    My main concern which my be medically unsound is airborne particles from it.

Advertisement