Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piccadilly line to heathrow with these delays

Options
  • 06-12-2016 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭

My wife needs to go to Heathrow at the best time possible, commuter time!! haha. Flight is at 10:30am.

Has anyone been on the Piccadilly line going west out of the city recently?

Looking to get on the Piccadilly line at Green Park. How is Green Park going west at about 8am, busy? Ill probably be dragging a large luggage bag.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

By the time the tube gets to Green Park most people travelling from the north of the city will have gotten out at KingsX, Leicester Sq, Piccadilly etc.

Get on at either the first or last car, more room for luggage ust in case it is packed, some people still commute to Kensington and Gloucester Rd.

To be on the safe side I would suggest getting on the tube for no later than 8am to be sure she makes the flight, tube will take about 45 mins. There are bad delays on the Pic line recently so best to check on these for real time updates!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I think you'd be fine on a normal day but I've no idea what it would be like with the current issues. The reduced service could mean a long wait between trains making it next to impossible to get on at green park.

I arrive at green Park at 9.00am every morning but on the Victoria line. If I think of it I'll go have a look.

The obvious alternative is the heathrow express from Paddington.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'd just suck it up and go through Paddington at the moment, particularly with rush hour and the current Piccadilly line issues in mind. I know the Heathrow Express is a ripoff but it sounds better at the moment than the hell that is the Piccadilly line at rush hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I think you'd be fine on a normal day but I've no idea what it would be like with the current issues. The reduced service could mean a long wait between trains making it next to impossible to get on at green park.

I arrive at green Park at 9.00am every morning but on the Victoria line. If I think of it I'll go have a look.

The obvious alternative is the heathrow express from Paddington.

Are you going east or west on the Piccadilly line?

Are you going east or west on the Piccadilly line?
    I get out at green park. I could go out of my way and swing by the picadilly line platform if that would be of any help but at 9.00am it might not be an accurate picture of how things would be an hour earlier. I intentionally come in to work later than most to avoid the 7.45 - 8.45 window.

My gut is saying go with the heathrow express too. Last time I was on the picadilly line there was 15 minute gaps between trains.

• Advertisement

9.15 am. Trains were coming every 3/4 minutes. This one was to Heathrow.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    9.15 am. Trains were coming every 3/4 minutes. This one was to Heathrow.

Ya we took the risk this morning but we made sure we had plenty of time.

We arrived at Green Park at about 7:20am and were waiting for 10 minutes for a train, but it was pretty quiet, ive seen worse. Northern and Victoria were busier. I guess most people are just not using the line unless absolutely necessary.

But looking at the schedule you could have been waiting for over 20 minutes for the correct train.

When we arrived it was:
    Rayners Layne 4 minutes (non Heathrow branch)
    Heathrow 123,5 10 minutes
    Heathrow 123,4 20 minutes

The train itself went all the way to Heathrow without any delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ClashCityRocker

It's a pain at the moment. Each evening heading home and seeing "Cockfosters 15 mins" on the board :(

There's no update yet on when things will return to normal, but the night tube is due to open on the line this day week so i'm hoping it'll be in time for that

It's a pain at the moment. Each evening heading home and seeing "Cockfosters 15 mins" on the board :(

There's no update yet on when things will return to normal, but the night tube is due to open on the line this day week so i'm hoping it'll be in time for that

Ya who knows.
    They're having to replace the wheels on a huge amount of the trains due to them being destroyed due to excessive wear caused by leaves on the track. Can you imagine that!!!

Id say the main problem is that they dont have that many wheels in stock.

Advertisement