Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frozen Mini Pastries

Options
  • 06-12-2016 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi All

Looking for somewhere that sells frozen mini pastries (danishes / croissants / pain au chocolate / pecan etc ) similar to what you often see at a hotel breakfast buffet. Has anyone come across these in any retailers or would they be found in wholesalers like musgraves? 

Greatly appreciate any feedback or a point in the right direction!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Iceland show them in the UK so might have them here

http://groceries.iceland.co.uk/frozen-bakery

Tesco have frozen birds eye pancakes now.

I think I have seen very long life pain au chocolat things before. They would be in sealed cellophane packs, and the moment they are open the clock starts ticking as to when they go stale. I think they are irradiated to give them long shelf life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Kellyer13

Yes that Iceland link shows exactly what I am looking for so will try one of their Irish stores - think there is still one in Ballyfermot.

I have seen the vacuum packed croissants and Pain Au Chocolates before and although they are vacuumed while 'fresh' they still aren't the same as the oven cooked ones.

Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭arian

The ones in the "exploding" tubes any use? Tesco have croissants (made in Greece :) ), and I've seen both croissants and pains aux chololats in Lidl.

ETA Cut the dough into 12 pieces, rather than 6, to make mini croissants.

Advertisement