Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Food in and Around Park West

• 06-12-2016 2:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

I've started a job within the last few months which has me based in Park West. Having come from always working in the city centre it's pretty alien for me to hop in the car and head somewhere for food.
    There are only so many times I can go to Bel Cibo or the Spar so I'm looking for lunch suggestions. I really don't know the area all that well and am quite happy to hop in the car and go somewhere for a nice bit of grub.

What do folks do?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Clondalkin would be close by as would Liffey valley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Clondalkin would be close by as would Liffey valley.

Many thanks for that. I think I can count on one hand how many times I've been in both so any recommendations?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

They've both got the usual take outs. McDonalds/KFC/Domino's/Four Star Pizza/Subway.

But Liffey Valley has a few diners such as, Eddie Rockets, Spurs Steak house and Nandos.

Clondalkin has a 2 small cafe's. And plenty of pubs doing grub. Laurels tends to be recommended, but I've only eaten in Quinlans and I've found the food there to be decent enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,770 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

But Liffey Valley has a few diners such as, Eddie Rockets, Spurs Steak house and Nandos.

Liffey Valley has a lot more restaurants these days. And Spur Steak house has been closed for about a year now

OP - read the thread on the top of this forum somewhere about restaurants in LV and try a few out if you like :)

Didn't know Spurs had closed again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,612 ✭✭✭✭L1011

unkel wrote: »
    And Spur Steak house has been closed for about a year now

Again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

There is the Carabano ? beside mc Donald's on the kylemore rd also the Shelton hotel nearly opposite .Also the hotel at the top of park west, There are also two newish cafes in ballyfermot, one on the main rd the other near Iceland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭5500

There's the oak cafe just through the lights on the right hand side opposite an post that'd be a stone throw for you, a chopped has also recently opened up in parkwest but im not sure if it's sit in or not.

If you drive down to clondalkin village there's 2 new cafe's that have open'd recently, Niko's beside tutills on tower road, village east coffee on the left hand side as you turn to go up Monastery road. Newlands garden centre has a nice little coffee shop in it and its also close by.

There's also a costa coffee and timepiece beside dunnes in the mill shopping centre, all are within about a 5 minute drive from parkwest once traffic isnt heavy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,770 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

L1011 wrote: »
    Again?

This time it's permanent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Thanks for all the advice folks. I've never really been out in this area before so have/had no idea of what was here to avail of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

You now have east village coffee and Nicos in Clondalkin village too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ann35

Newlands Cafe in Newlands Garden centre has great coffee shop. They have good lunch selection, lovely cakes, and lovely Java coffee ☕.
    Free car park too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,027 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Pandini's at Newlands Cross do some great lunch specials

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Ann35 wrote: »
    Newlands Cafe in Newlands Garden centre has great coffee shop. They have good lunch selection, lovely cakes, and lovely Java coffee ☕.
    Free car park too.

Thanks, first time poster!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,858 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Ann35 wrote: »
    Free car park too.

Would agree with that.

Advertisement