Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas on a Security Camera for a Construction Site

Options
  • 06-12-2016 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am planning to build a house next year and been hearing a lot of houses getting targeted during the construction phase for various valuable materials.

Anyway, as a precautionary measure, I was thinking of setting up a few external security cameras. The site is approx 8 miles away from where I live so I was looking for something that would be:
    • Waterproof (external security)
    • Assessable online (e.g. alerts regarding motion detection)
    • Maybe battery operated if there is no power on the site during the initial phase - but may have the option of running from a mains.
    • Options of both a live feed and recorded playback are key I guess

Have any of you any ideas around suitable options. Obviously, cost is a key decision factor too so something for a few hundred or less would be ideal?

I would appreciate any experience/ideas you might have to share on this.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭wait4me

I don't have an answer for you but some things you should consider:

How do you secure the cameras?
    If you do put them on site, the recorded video must be sent off-site - otherwise any intruders will bring that away with them as well.
    I assume that when you speak of alerts, that you would then go to the site to check out what caused the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Putt it there

Its the "few hundred" is the problem here . If its worth protecting it must be done right i would have thought . Theres no solution worth a damn would only cost a few hundred in all fairness . You'd need ip66 infra red cams , beams , recorder etc.

Advertisement