Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flawless makeup-instagram

• 06-12-2016 3:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

Have always wondered how the girls that do makeup on Instagram (or some in real life) make it look so flawless!? They look like there using a crazy amount of makeup but it looks great! I find sometimes if I use to much makeup it seperates it goes all funny on my face! How do they do it! Any one any clue?
    Post edited by Ciarrai76 on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I am not an instagram gal, my makeup isn't flawless, but, I started to use Mac Fix+ about 3 months ago and I'm addicted, it almost glues all your makeup and powders together. Makes a massive difference to the finish of your base is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Filters!!!

Good make up too but a lot of how amazing they look is down to filters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

Yea but sometime girls like for instance in BTs always have immaculate makeup! Some I'm sure is plastered on but still looks perfect!

I'm talking about after a few hours wear I guess. Like mine looks good when I put it on but after a while goes odd! Would love to know there secret other then filters!!!

idunno78 wrote: »
    Yea but sometime girls like for instance in BTs always have immaculate makeup! Some I'm sure is plastered on but still looks perfect!

I'm talking about after a few hours wear I guess. Like mine looks good when I put it on but after a while goes odd! Would love to know there secret other then filters!!!

Mac fix+ (finishing spray) and then an additional setting spray will help it last a lot longer and look fresh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Girls working at make up counters can top up their make up too, I did the urban decay four week make up course back in the summer and often saw this!

• Advertisement

GingerLily wrote: »
    Mac fix+ (finishing spray) and then an additional setting spray will help it last a lot longer and look fresh

I did try that but although my makeup lasted still went kinda funny! Must play around with diff sprays!
    I'm just more so wondering then wanting to do it myself! I prefer the natural look mostly! Unless on a rare nightout I pile it on 😂😂

idunno78 wrote: »
    I did try that but although my makeup lasted still went kinda funny! Must play around with diff sprays!
    I'm just more so wondering then wanting to do it myself! I prefer the natural look mostly! Unless on a rare nightout I pile it on 😂😂

I use the fab spray to freshen up during the day and it does help.

Is that the prep and prime fix +?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭mel123

do you ever get your makeup done and even the LIPSTICK lasts all night, wtf!! id love to know the secret too.

Is that the prep and prime fix +?

Yup! I'm not sure that's exactly what the OP is looking for but I'm sure a lot of the MUAs walking around use finishing or fixing sprays because that's the only way to get that finish!

• Advertisement

mel123 wrote: »
    do you ever get your makeup done and even the LIPSTICK lasts all night, wtf!! id love to know the secret too.

Only ever twice one as a bridesmaid and it lasted perfect! Then the day after wedding but I took it of early as didn't stay out! Getting it done again next year for a wedding again and will take note of what she does!!!

Yup! I'm not sure that's exactly what the OP is looking for but I'm sure a lot of the MUAs walking around use finishing or fixing sprays because that's the only way to get that finish!

I'm doing a bt order so I think I'll pop in a mini and see how I get on. Might as well try out strobe cream while I'm at it!!
    Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Thin layers built up and knowing what products are made of ie. not using silicone based foundation with an oil-based primer or moisturiser. That was a total revelation to me when I first started working on a counter years ago!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I'm doing a bt order so I think I'll pop in a mini and see how I get on. Might as well try out strobe cream while I'm at it!!
    Thanks.

What is strobe cream?

Stheno wrote: »
    What is strobe cream?

http://m.maccosmetics.com/product/13824/364/Products/Skincare/Moisturizers/Strobe-Cream

I haven't tried it yet but it's also €10 as a mini and its meant to be very good.

Scraggs wrote: »
    Thin layers built up and knowing what products are made of ie. not using silicone based foundation with an oil-based primer or moisturiser. That was a total revelation to me when I first started working on a counter years ago!

Ahhh that's the answer to why it separates sometime on me! Would never even have thought of something like that but makes so much sense. Thank you!

The touching up thing is prob why they always look so perfect!
    Some of the YouTube/Instagram videos they use so much oroduct you would wonder how it stay on or feels comfortable! That's really where I was going with my query just worded it extremely badly!

http://m.maccosmetics.com/product/13824/364/Products/Skincare/Moisturizers/Strobe-Cream

I haven't tried it yet but it's also €10 as a mini and its meant to be very good.

Strive cream is really good give a lovely glow to skin! I got a tester size and lasting me ages! I don't use it all the time tho so prob why!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44 orla.mccormack

A good coverage foundation

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement