Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fix for Garmin cadence battery cover o-ring?

Options
  • 06-12-2016 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

The o-ring seal on the battery cover of my Garmin speed/cadence sensor is broken (the old magnet type). Anyone got a source for new ones or a fix - standard o rings are away too thick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭youtheman

I wrapped some PTFE pipe thread around the thread of the cover.  Did the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Put the old o ring in best you can and a smear of vaseline over the outside should keep it was resistant enough unless you're headed under water.

I'd imagine you could find a suitable o ring handy enough though to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

How about an elastic band?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

youtheman wrote: »
    I wrapped some PTFE pipe thread around the thread of the cover.  Did the job.

I have done the same, works grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭JBokeh

Bring it into a bearing supplier, i'd be very surprised if they can't set you up with one. Failing that I'd do as above with a bit of grease/ vaseline on it before putting it in

• Advertisement
Advertisement