Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Area in Dublin for sprints at night

• 06-12-2016 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

As the title says, does anyone know of a lit up area in Dublin where I can do sprint training at night? I'm thinking of an astroturf or a running track, but somewhere open to the public.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,283 ✭✭✭COH

Irishtown Stadium?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Dowend

COH wrote: »
    Irishtown Stadium?
    Wasn't aware you could use the track on a PAYG basis, that's interesting. Seems like it could be booked out most nights but will look into it. Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Dowend wrote: »
    As the title says, does anyone know of a lit up area in Dublin where I can do sprint training at night? I'm thinking of an astroturf or a running track, but somewhere open to the public.

Are you new to sprinting? If so, I would consider joining an athletics club and getting some coaching. Sprinting is a highly technical discipline and would be worth getting some guidance, especially in the early stages. If you let us know where you're based someone may be able to recommend a local club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

pconn062 wrote:
    Are you new to sprinting? If so, I would consider joining an athletics club and getting some coaching. Sprinting is a highly technical discipline and would be worth getting some guidance, especially in the early stages. If you let us know where you're based someone may be able to recommend a local club.

I might be interested. North Dublin. Portmarnock?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

I might be interested. North Dublin. Portmarnock?

Depends where exactly in North Dublin but you have Clonliffe AC in Santry, Raheny Shamrocks, Portmarnock as you said, Lusk AC, Skerries AC.

Full list of Dublin clubs can be seen here:

http://www.athleticsireland.ie/find-a-club?search=Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Dowend

pconn062 wrote: »

Perhaps I should have been more clear, I'm not looking to train for track & field as such. I play field sports and I wanted to do some speed/sprint training during the off-season so was looking for an area to do this during the winter evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

Its a matter of scoping out a decent place near you. A quiet footpath that has at least a 60m  straight and a bit of light. I'd swap between that and the astro turf in the colleges I lived near.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Danye

Dowend wrote: »

The gym in Morton Stadium might have access to an indoor track? Maybe being a member of the gym would give you full access to all of their facilities including their full track?

Advertisement