Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eBilling Issues - Final Straw

Options
  • 06-12-2016 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Since September of this year I've had nothing but trouble receiving my bills. Initially I was not receiveing the emails informing me that I had an eBill waiting. As a result I've been in contact several times to request that this be sorted. The last time was mid October where I was assurred that all was now in order only to be contacted yesterday and told I had an outstanding electricity invoice. How can an invoice be outstanding if I've not either received a paper bill or informed that there is an eBill waiting? What's more the call agent yesterday also claimed that I was not even set up for eBilling.

In short I've had enough of this, I've been in contact so many times and wasted so much of my time (given it never seems to be sorted) that I've now no interest in dealing with your phone agents anymore (I've been a customer for 10+ years). I ask that one of you kindly get this sorted once and for all before I simply move my Electricity and Gas accounts to another supplier.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi raouls,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie. We are very sorry to read of your unhappiness with your customer experience.

To look into this for you, we will require the relevant Electric Ireland account number, a sentence stating that you are the account-holder and how your name appears on the account, your address, date of birth and email address.

If you private message any of us reps those details, we will all receive them.

We finish at 6pm so we can commence reviewing your query tomorrow, and we will also liaise directly with the Online Billing team if necessary.

Best regards,
    Una

________

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Full Bean

I have had the exact same problem, with both the electric and gas bills. I have asked numerous times to have bills but nothing. Its beyond frustrating at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 raouls

Full Bean wrote: »
    I have had the exact same problem, with both the electric and gas bills. I have asked numerous times to have bills but nothing. Its beyond frustrating at this stage!
    I had hoped that trying to find a solution in this manner (rather than directly over the phone) might give better results. Unfortunately, their response has simply been "cancel the eBilling and re- register" : an option that has previously been tried without success unsurprisingly, given this doesn't actually fix anything but just extends the issue!

Currently I've request the direct email address for the director of customer service with the hope that they can sort this. If not I've no choice but moving to another supplier after 14 years of constant custom.

I only hope you have better luck finding a solution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Full Bean,

We are very sorry to read it.

If you would like us to review your query here in the Social Media department, just send any of us reps a private message confirming the Electric Ireland account number in question, stating that you are the account-holder and how your name appears on the account, and confirming your address, date of birth and email address.

We will be able to review ASAP.

Best regards,
    Una

________

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tm1111

Full Bean wrote: »
    Same problem here. When they recently contacted me by phone I told them I would pay the outstanding balance €22.71 when I received a bill.
    Instead I have received a letter stating I have broken a recently agreed payment plan ??? and the full balance €22.71 is due immediately. Failure to do so and my account will be referred for disconnection.
    Customer for 20+ years. Could not contact service office tonight. Registered here (1st post ever). NOT IMPRESSED.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi tm1111,

We are sorry to read of your unhappiness with your customer experience.

We can look into this further for you if you send us the following information:
    • Your full name
    • Your account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)

We will be able to check your account.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

Advertisement