Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage repayment query

Options
  • 06-12-2016 7:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭

Hi, looking for help on here please, as I have tried ringing and got nowhere.

Basically I have a mortgage due to expire in the year 2045 and the interest rate is 3.9%.
    But my monthly repayments appear to be approx 8 euro per month higher than they should be when I use any online calculators from various banks/etc...

Can someone please look into this for me.

Also, I recently paid several lump sums off the mortgage (just to get repayments down, not the term) and today I received a letter telling me my monthly repayments have gone UP by 40 cent a month (paltry amount but still).
       I can't understand how they have gone UP after paying money off but anyway my overall problem is that they seem higher than they should be when I key in the figures as mentioned before.

When i rang I was told they'd look into it and instead I just got a letter telling me they've upped my repayments by 40 cent for some unknown reason, instead of checking why my repayments are so high.

I would be grateful if someone could look into this for me and come back to me.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Hi, looking for help on here please, as I have tried ringing and got nowhere.

Basically I have a mortgage due to expire in the year 2045 and the interest rate is 3.9%.
    But my monthly repayments appear to be approx 8 euro per month higher than they should be when I use any online calculators from various banks/etc...

Can someone please look into this for me.

Also, I recently paid several lump sums off the mortgage (just to get repayments down, not the term) and today I received a letter telling me my monthly repayments have gone UP by 40 cent a month (paltry amount but still).
       I can't understand how they have gone UP after paying money off but anyway my overall problem is that they seem higher than they should be when I key in the figures as mentioned before.

When i rang I was told they'd look into it and instead I just got a letter telling me they've upped my repayments by 40 cent for some unknown reason, instead of checking why my repayments are so high.

I would be grateful if someone could look into this for me and come back to me.

Thanks in advance.
    Hi,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

Generally when letters are sent to advise of a change in repayment amount you will receive a reason why in the letter.  If you have not received an explanation regarding the change our mortgage team can advise you on why this change was made.

You can call Bank of Ireland mortgages on 01-6113333 a representative with access to your Mortgage account will be happy to assist you.

Thank you,

Tara C

Advertisement