Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to get rid of a large amount of refuse

Options
  • 06-12-2016 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help me. I'm looking to get rid of quiet a few bags of refuse (not enough to fill a skip) and I can't seem to find a way. I'm relatively new to the area so I don't know anyone to borrow a van/ car with a hitch and trailer off. I literally just need a company to come to my house, fill up the van with the refuse and bring it back to their depot.

I'm living between gorey and Wexford.

I'm posting here as I presume there'd be more traffic.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,448 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I have seen this crowd advertising, might be worth talking to them https://kollect.ie/howitworks.php

Or it is possible to get a Babyskip (about a cubic meter) you buy the bag from a hardware shop, fill it and then phone them to come and take it away. Don't know if it is available in your area https://keywaste.ie/babyskip/ bit expensive I think tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

Regardless of who they sre, make sure they have a waste collection permit. And the permit number should also be identifiable on the vehicle collecting the waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

anything like this in the area? http://www.bigbin.ie/

I used one when moving house quite a bit to clear stuff out.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭okedoke

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Titanguy1

Kollect don't run in our area unfortuently. As far as I can tell, the babyskips don't accept domestic refuse which contains food waste.

It seems like the only companies which are registered/ have a licence to dispose of this type of waste are the larger ones and their only options are skips. It seem like over kill to be filling a big metal skip probably only half way with rubbish!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

a couple of the waste companies do a collection service, which i rang about once - as our driveway is narrow and has a cable overhanging it, it's difficult for both skips and bag collection.
    beware of the prices - i rang about some rubble (an old fireplace) i had which would maybe half fill a small skip bag (it's about €80 for a small skip bag capable of taking rubble) and was quoted €250.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Titanguy1 wrote: »
    Kollect don't run in our area unfortuently. As far as I can tell, the babyskips don't accept domestic refuse which contains food waste.

It seems like the only companies which are registered/ have a licence to dispose of this type of waste are the larger ones and their only options are skips. It seem like over kill to be filling a big metal skip probably only half way with rubbish!

What is a very interesting question here is why are you disposing of food waste in this way?

You posted in gardening and also somewhere else so we assume its not food waste

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

What is a very interesting question here is why are you disposing of food waste in this way?

You posted in gardening and also somewhere else so we assume its not food waste

I have been abroad for the last few months, I only moved to the area before I left. I came back to discover that my daughter thought it was a great idea to leave the bin bags in the shed.

I posted here also as I presumed there'd be more traffic and I would get more replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

Who would normally collect your domestic refuse?

GrumpyMe wrote: »
    Who would normally collect your domestic refuse?

Nobody as of yet. I told my daughter to dispose of the bags every second week outside our gate. She just had to buy a bag which costs €7. Obviously this wasn't done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

So isn't that how to get shut of the bags - buy the bags?
    What am I missing here?

The local petrol station to me has a refuse disposal unit. You pay for a code inside in the shop and the chute opens enough to fit one full black refuse bag. No idea of what it costs as I've only used it once....€5 a few years back.

Is that an option?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,314 ✭✭✭secman

There is a waste disposal guy in courtown, I do see his van parked opposite the school, he charges per bag. Don't know his name though, "waste disposal "it's in large print on his van.
    Don't know why this thread is in "Gardening " forum, nothing to do with gardening !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

I've had to bring bags of rubbish to the local dump. Only option was a midi size skip for 150 or do it myself. Covered the inside of car and boot with plastic and brought. Still had to pay per bag so if you have a company that collects bags this might be a better option.

Advertisement