Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Tinylion

Sherlof3 wrote: »

Thanks Tinylion what's the name of the app you have?
    Its ovia pregnancy and it is quite nice. Also handy for food safety lookups etc :)

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

I am 9 and 5 and my sickness has gone waaaay down. This is my 3rd pregnancy and this never happened before so was in a total panic. Glad to know that I am not alone. So annoying waiting for the 12 week scan...

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Cork2015!

We have our follow up scan tomorrow in the Early Pregnancy Unit. Going by dates we will be 9+4 tomorrow but we are pretty sure we will be put back a week when they date us (due to long cycle), so im expecting to be told i am in between 8+4 and 9 weeks
    So so nervous didn't sleep a wink lastnight. They couldn't measure baby at last scan on 29th Dec so they said I must be just under the 6 weeks then but we did see a little heartbeat, I guess in the back of my mind I am thinking if it was far along enough to see a heartbeat how come it didn't measure at 6 weeks?!?!? Have myself driven demented if I'm being honest
    Watching Coronation Street this week didn't help
    Just can't wait to see little one tomorrow and be told fingers crossed that all is OK
    I haven't got my appointment for my main scan yet, was at GP on 2nd January and she said it can take 2-3 weeks so hopefully I will get my letter this week at some stage

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Meubles

Had my first midwife appointment yesterday and I got such a lovely feeling from the practice it was very homely. It was just an intake so just lots of questions and this day next week will be the first scan ay 10 weeks. 
    The midwife told me we can decide on the day if we want a home birth or hospital which seems mad but I love the Dutch freedom. Not sure I'm brave enough for home-birth but read about a birth centre here in Amsterdam that sounds lovely it just looks like a hotel but imagine there's no guarantee you'd get a room. Thankfully plenty of time to think about this!
    Then we've another scan at 12 weeks for a 'combined test' which seems to just give you a high or low risk so if you are high risk seems you can opt to do further blood tests. It feels a bit scary I just want to get through the next month as the anxiety is kicking in more now. The stupid miscarriage really has taken the 'innocence' out of this pregnancy. My symptoms are also a bit better this week not really that sick just tired. Have many people gotten their due dates yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Mouseylocks

Meubles wrote: »
    Had my first midwife appointment yesterday and I got such a lovely feeling from the practice it was very homely. It was just an intake so just lots of questions and this day next week will be the first scan ay 10 weeks. 
    The midwife told me we can decide on the day if we want a home birth or hospital which seems mad but I love the Dutch freedom. Not sure I'm brave enough for home-birth but read about a birth centre here in Amsterdam that sounds lovely it just looks like a hotel but imagine there's no guarantee you'd get a room. Thankfully plenty of time to think about this!
    Then we've another scan at 12 weeks for a 'combined test' which seems to just give you a high or low risk so if you are high risk seems you can opt to do further blood tests. It feels a bit scary I just want to get through the next month as the anxiety is kicking in more now. The stupid miscarriage really has taken the 'innocence' out of this pregnancy. My symptoms are also a bit better this week not really that sick just tired. Have many people gotten their due dates yet?
    I don't have my first appointment/scan until 13 weeks (which feels ages away!). 10 weeks today though my app says the baby is the size of a lego man :-) I was tracking my ovulation so I'm pretty sure of my due date unless I've gone weirdly wrong somewhere :-).
    My symptoms are also way better this week, the nausea is only sporadic now and I'm not that tired anymore!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭starface

I'm just over 8 weeks and my sickness has lifted. I'm so happy!

On a different note. I'm thinking of booking a holiday to the states for when I'm 13 weeks. I've been reading up about it and flying at 13 weeks seems to be completely fine but I'm just wondering do I need to run this by my doctor before I book? I'm not booked into see my Dr again until 12 weeks (no scan then) but I'd need to be booking this week so do I need to go and pay for an appointment to ask her if it's okay now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

There's no reason not to fly unless you're high risk for something that may be affected by flying, most airlines let you fly up to 37 weeks. It's nothing to do with safety of flying when pregnant, they just don't want you going into labour on board!

There's no reason not to fly unless you're high risk for something that may be affected by flying, most airlines let you fly up to 37 weeks. It's nothing to do with safety of flying when pregnant, they just don't want you going into labour on board!

Great. Really didn't want to have to go see the Dr just to tell her.

I'm flying at 13 weeks too, just to Manchester though. I mentioned it to my DR (I was in there anyway for a follow up) and she said while the risk is very low for flying if I was to go on a long haul flights while pregnant you're at greater risk of DVT so you should wear flight socks and stretch your legs regularly while on the flight. Mmmm think I'm going to look at some sun holidays now myself :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

10 weeks today though my app says the baby is the size of a lego man :-)

I have a little lego man this week too <3

• Advertisement

I'm flying at 13 weeks too, just to Manchester though. I mentioned it to my DR (I was in there anyway for a follow up) and she said while the risk is very low for flying if I was to go on a long haul flights while pregnant you're at greater risk of DVT so you should wear flight socks and stretch your legs regularly while on the flight. Mmmm think I'm going to look at some sun holidays now myself :-)

Thanks you. I shall invest in some decent flight socks!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭don corleone

We cancelled our trip to New York last week. We were told there was no risk but we had read one or two other things online and decided not to take the chance, mainly because we have had a few scares to date. We have our scan in the rotunda next week. Hopefully some reassuring piece of mind awaits.

We cancelled our trip to New York last week. We were told there was no risk but we had read one or two other things online and decided not to take the chance, mainly because we have had a few scares to date. We have our scan in the rotunda next week. Hopefully some reassuring piece of mind awaits.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Sherlof3

When were you due to fly? I am considering going to Tenerife at 30 weeks with the inlaws... Doctor says it's fine but I'm not sure.

Also have my scan in Rotunda on Thursday!!

Due to fly last week at ten weeks. Main issues we had were it being the first trimester and also because it was a long flight. I also know of a girl that flew to Florida at 8 weeks and even got on some rides at an adventure park! and all turned out fine. Probably just been over cautious. The other reason was the sickness, a sightseeing holiday in New York was the last thing she needed

I've a wedding in the south of France at 36 weeks. Realistically I probably won't be allowed to fly though. It's my best friends wedding. I'm very much in denial about it.

However, we are heading away at 13 weeks to Dallas as a last huuhaa. So excited.

I checked with my insurance company and they said anything that is none rountine is covered!

Ive flights booked to tell the irish contingent at 13wks. After seeing the little wiggler at the scan this morning I'm much more confident. The wee one woudnt stay still!

Ah Tinylion so lovely! We also had our scan at the weekend, it was amazing to see the little arms and legs jumping around and hearing the heartbeat. Shared the news with the grandparents yesterday which was lovely and finally feel that relief and excitement I've been holding at bay since the miscarriage. Due date is August 23rd!!

So jealous of all your scans. I should have just booked a private one. That's it I'm going to ring tomorrow!

Go for it, its absolutely worth it!

• Advertisement

Have my main hospital scan next Thursday will be 12+2 by then
    So so excited can't wait to see if all is still OK

Told my bosses this morning. After being all scared about it all they said was congrats! Pheeeew.

Tinylion wrote: »
    Told my bosses this morning. After being all scared about it all they said was congrats! Pheeeew.

Its very nerve wrecking isn't it? On my first pregnancy when I told my boss i was so nervous was shaking

Cork2015! wrote: »
    Its very nerve wrecking isn't it? On my first pregnancy when I told my boss i was so nervous was shaking

Same, told my boss last week. Have no idea why i was nervous she was delighted! all hugs :-) Have my scan tomorrow morning, it still doesn't feel real to me as such! reckon that will all change when i see the scan though :-)

Aye it was almost anticlimatic in the end since they took it so well :)

The scan is nice to have and reassuring, though its only starting to feel real now as my belly is noticably growing and people finally know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Sherlof3

Is anyone else outgrowing their normal clothes? I bought a few cheap maternity frocks and have surrendered to the comfort!

Sherlof3 wrote: »
    Is anyone else outgrowing their normal clothes? I bought a few cheap maternity frocks and have surrendered to the comfort!

I'm very very close to needing some new clothes. My jeans are so tight on my belly!

I've gained way too weight (8 pounds) . It's depressing because I know it's not all for the baby. It's those extra little meals I've been treating myself to. Mistakes have been made 🙈

Sherlof3 - Yess! All my jeans are too snug now, was walking around with the top button open but have just moved onto dresses it's more comfortable. Considering shopping this weekend but it just feels so early to buy new clothes! 
    Had another scan at the weekend to check the nuchal fold, all looking great. They will do a blood test for further screening but need to wait a few weeks for those results. 
    4 weeks until we know the gender! Having the scan pictures definitely makes it more 'real' but I think knowing what it is will make it even more real!
    Planning to tell work this Friday, slightly nervous but I'm sure it will go well. Want to start planning if I can take extended leave. Only 16 weeks maternity leave in total in the Netherlands which is already stressing me out. It seems so short! 
    Tinylion - how do you feel about it? Although it seems parttime is very easy to get after having a baby I still would like at least 3 or 4 months 'off'. I'm planning to ask unpaid extra time - fingers crossed!

Meubles wrote: »
    I Want to start planning if I can take extended leave. Only 16 weeks maternity leave in total in the Netherlands which is already stressing me out. It seems so short! 
    Tinylion - how do you feel about it? Although it seems parttime is very easy to get after having a baby I still would like at least 3 or 4 months 'off'. I'm planning to ask unpaid extra time - fingers crossed!
    well im a bit lucky since my company actually has 20 weeks in total, 6 before and 14 after birth (and apparently extra days if the baby is late) so i plan to return to work for around 2 weeks in december since i will get a new boss in dec/january and i want to be there for the switch, then take 2 weeks holiday for xmas and then back to work 80% from january.
    And you ll be fine telling your boss. As mine said: if you hire women between 20-40, you kinda know its coming some time :) best of luck anyway!

• Advertisement

Best of luck telling your boss, its never easy

I have calculated my maternity leave from 14th August 2017 to 5th March 2018 thats with using 2 weeks holidays from this year

Seems like such a long time but last time it flew

I haven't told anyone at work yet, to be honest I was very upset the last time because I experienced a lot of discrimination at work from a few very mean and im guessing jealous co workers (all women) so when I hear about men discriminating against pregnant women it makes my blood boil as in my case anyway all the men were nothing but supportive

I will have to tell them soon though as I think its starting to look very obvious, think I am showing a lot quicker this time. 13 weeks today so officially into my second trimester can't believe it. Last time I had to tell my boss at 8 weeks as I was so sick I had been off sick for nearly 3 weeks at that point and he was worried about me so told him only at 8 weeks.

This time around is so so different, can't believe they don't know yet

Advertisement