Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Cork2015!

How is everybody doing? Hope all is well for everyone x

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Sherlof3

Cork2015! wrote: »
    How is everybody doing? Hope all is well for everyone x

Feeling very big this week at 16 weeks! Feeling much better I've stopped craving junk food, am able to eat some veg and even get to yoga a few times a week so enjoying it when I can! Am noticing it's easy to get light headed so always have something sugary with me. Wondering if I'm crazy as on the look out for any kicks, thought I might have felt something last night like someone flicking me from the inside but prob just mind playing tricks. How is everyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭JD24

Hi all,

Ive been following the thread for a while now but its time I finally joined! :P Due on 6th August. Second baby for us. 16 weeks now and seriously showing!
    Have 20 week scan at the end of March, very excited to see baby again :-)

JD24 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Ive been following the thread for a while now but its time I finally joined! :P Due on 6th August. Second baby for us. 16 weeks now and seriously showing!

Welcome!! :) When's your due date?

JD24 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Welcome :-)

How old is your first? We have a little girl who is 25 months at the moment

• Advertisement

Thanks all :-)

Due on the 6th August.

My little girl is 3 1/2. Shes very excited about being a big sister!

Hows everyone doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Aaaaaand subscribe to thread..

G/F had her 12 week visit on Thursday last so we're finally getting round to telling folks outside immediate family.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

Sherlof3 wrote: »
    Feeling very big this week at 16 weeks! ?

I'm feeling big this week too and I'm also 16 weeks. Regular trousers starting to become uncomfortable so I've bought a stretchy pair and some maternity jeans from ASOS.

Haven't felt anything at all yet, I'm sure it ill start over the next few weeks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭starface

I was away in the US so I booked in for a scan because no scan here until 20 weeks for me and my doctor wouldn't even try check for a heartbeat at my twelve week appointment. Maybe I'm over reacting but that annoyed me.

We're having a girl!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Almost impossible for a gp or anyone to find a heartbeat with a doppler under 14-16 weeks, perfectly normal for a gp to not do that at 12 weeks, would only lead to unnecessary worry. You could've gotten a private scan here?

• Advertisement

Almost impossible for a gp or anyone to find a heartbeat with a doppler under 14-16 weeks, perfectly normal for a gp to not do that at 12 weeks, would only lead to unnecessary worry. You could've gotten a private scan here?

Yeah others have said this to me since which makes sense. I was just disappointed because she had said she would listen for heart beat at twelve weeks when I was in on my first visit and I know my sister got to hear it at her 12 week but it worked out well anyways. Motivated me to get my act together and book a private scan instead of putting it on the long finger anymore.

Yeah you can get them here. Just fancied something exciting to do on holidays. It was half the cost too.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Anne_cordelia

starface wrote: »
    I was away in the US so I booked in for a scan because no scan here until 20 weeks for me and my doctor wouldn't even try check for a heartbeat at my twelve week appointment. Maybe I'm over reacting but that annoyed me.

We're having a girl!!

That's disappointing she wouldn't try. My doctor heard mine on Doppler at 11 weeks.

Has anyone any tips for calculating maternity leave or know what is a legal requirement? I was hoping to do 26 weeks + 16 weeks unpaid + 4 weeks holidays (2 from 2017 and 2 from 2018) + 8 days bank holidays and 2 days leave. Currently have calculated with the above to finish on July 21st 2017 and start again on June 5th 2018. Is this possible or am I totally off the mark?

Do you accrue bank holidays and holidays when on the unpaid portion of the leave? Is it at your emplyers discretion or are you entitled to take BH and holidays after unpaid leave?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Meubles

That's a lovely leave length Sherlof3! I got 5 months paid leave (in Netherlands) approved then I'll work 4 days instead of 5 for the first year. It's a bit daunting and upset me quite a bit last week I guess I knew leave was short here but it seems really early to be sending a baby to day care. But nothing to be done! It's all a bit confusing the first time around. Finding out the gender on Thursday and trying to think of fun ways to share it with the family this weekend! Definitely starting to get bigger now and enjoying it more that the nausea has stopped! Hope everyone is well!

Meubles wrote: »
    That's a lovely leave length Sherlof3! I got 5 months paid leave (in Netherlands) approved then I'll work 4 days instead of 5 for the first year. It's a bit daunting and upset me quite a bit last week I guess I knew leave was short here but it seems really early to be sending a baby to day care. But nothing to be done! It's all a bit confusing the first time around. Finding out the gender on Thursday and trying to think of fun ways to share it with the family this weekend! Definitely starting to get bigger now and enjoying it more that the nausea has stopped! Hope everyone is well!
    I'm not sure if I have it calculated right at all though!!

It'll be lovely to have the three days a week with the little one :)

How is everybody doing? I have been put on bed rest for eight weeks and I'm slowly but surely going stir crazy! I've problems with my pelvis (and posterior) which are preventing me from walking and breathing properly. I'm feeling much better after resting the past few days though :) To pass the time I've started knitting a baby blanket, I'm sick of Netflix already...

I have my next scan on the 3rd of April and I can't wait to find out the sex! Is anybody else going to find out / already know? Or are you waiting for a surprise?

How's everyone getting on? I'm 18 weeks today and feeling great, my energy came back a few weeks ago so feeling much more 'normal', definitely showing now and really enjoying it! 
    Been a busy few weeks with tests etc got the all clear on initial scan for the major syndromes (less than 1 in 5000 chance of anything wrong) still waiting on some blood tests. Anatomy scan in 2 weeks - 40 mins long can't wait for such a long scan!
    We also found out it's a boy! I didn't have a strong feeling one way or the other but OH was convinced from beginning it was a boy. We've twin nieces in the family so nice to have a little boy now :) 

We've also started looking into a home birth and now I'm fully excited to have one (it's really encouraged in the Netherlands) our midwife has had two is very supportive. So fingers crossed things work out that way.
    Also thinking of starting the shopping, a close friend recommended getting everything done early so you can put your feet up at the end, which I think sounds like a good plan! Plus I love to organise so might as well :P

How is everybody doing? I have been put on bed rest for eight weeks and I'm slowly but surely going stir crazy! I've problems with my pelvis (and posterior) which are preventing me from walking and breathing properly. I'm feeling much better after resting the past few days though :) To pass the time I've started knitting a baby blanket, I'm sick of Netflix already...

I have my next scan on the 3rd of April and I can't wait to find out the sex! Is anybody else going to find out / already know? Or are you waiting for a surprise?

Eight weeks!!! You poor thing. It'll all be worth it but that sounds tough. Kniting a blanket is such a good idea. Did you know in advance about yout pelvic issues or did you just find out?

I'm still really tired and my bump seems massive. I'm terrified she'll be a big baby.

We're having a little girl at the end of August. 20 week scan in three weeks!!

Bed rest sounds lovely for a couple of days but 8 weeks is very long you poor thing. Hopefully things improve for you. If you haven't seen it already then peaky blinders is a fantastic show, we got stuck into it and watched all 3 seasons in the space of 2 weeks
    I was 18 weeks yesterday and feeling good. Our next scan is 10th April so looking forward to that. Lots of movement which is a lovely feeling. Had a good cry lastnight and could feel him/her kicking like mad and felt really comforted.

I had always said i would never ever find out if boys or girls for all of my babies but something went off in my head like a light switch and my mind has been changed so very very excited to find out asap if its a boy or girl. Im already kind of regretting it as ill miss out on the surprise then at the end of labour but i need to be practical too. Have so much girl stuff so if i find out its a boy i will be able to organise properly and be as ready as i can

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭don corleone

How is everyone getting on?
    Have the 20 week scan this week, really nervous/excited at the same time. Should be a few others in around this point too id imagine. Decided we arent gonna find out the sex either. The surprise will be worth it Im told, Im just so impatient at this stage and to think I could fins out in days!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

Hi all

Just joining in now but I'm 19 weeks today, due August 27th. Due to have my big scan at the end of the month but have had a small scan at 14 weeks due to the doctor thinking I might be having twins. Turns out it's just the one bean :) I'm just showing a lot more because I'm pregnant so soon after my first (there'll be 17 months between my first and this one).
    I had bad morning sickness for the first while but it disappeared around the 12 week mark. I took the 16 weeks unpaid leave after my first and was 10 weeks pregnant when I started back to work. I hadn't planned on telling the bosses then but on my first day back, they were talking up their plans for the year ahead, including their plans for me so I kinda felt I had to tell them. There was a lot of "You're f**king joking! No way! Are you serious?!" for about 10 minutes, followed by quite a few "I can't believe you came back pregnant!" as the day went on :D

Hi all

Just joining in now but I'm 19 weeks today, due August 27th. Due to have my big scan at the end of the month but have had a small scan at 14 weeks due to the doctor thinking I might be having twins. Turns out it's just the one bean :) I'm just showing a lot more because I'm pregnant so soon after my first (there'll be 17 months between my first and this one).
    I had bad morning sickness for the first while but it disappeared around the 12 week mark. I took the 16 weeks unpaid leave after my first and was 10 weeks pregnant when I started back to work. I hadn't planned on telling the bosses then but on my first day back, they were talking up their plans for the year ahead, including their plans for me so I kinda felt I had to tell them. There was a lot of "You're f**king joking! No way! Are you serious?!" for about 10 minutes, followed by quite a few "I can't believe you came back pregnant!" as the day went on :D

Ah that will be a lovely age gap for them. A friend of mine came back to work last year pregnant and we all had a giggle as we thought she was joking for ages lol

I have a GP appointment tomorrow, then clinic appointment Monday with consultant so i will get a little scan as attending high risk clinic and have a scan at each appointment. Then we have our anomaly scan on 25th so looking forward to that one a lot.

Having a lot of trouble with (what i think is) my pelvis or pubic bone and my hips, can barely walk am hoping its temporary. Other than that feeling great

20 weeks tomorrow, finally half way there. Going to start counting down now instead of up

Hope everyone is feeling well

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

Cork2015! wrote: »
    Ah that will be a lovely age gap for them. A friend of mine came back to work last year pregnant and we all had a giggle as we thought she was joking for ages lol

I have a GP appointment tomorrow, then clinic appointment Monday with consultant so i will get a little scan as attending high risk clinic and have a scan at each appointment. Then we have our anomaly scan on 25th so looking forward to that one a lot.

Having a lot of trouble with (what i think is) my pelvis or pubic bone and my hips, can barely walk am hoping its temporary. Other than that feeling great

20 weeks tomorrow, finally half way there. Going to start counting down now instead of up

Hope everyone is feeling well

A friend of mine had something called SPD, it's where the hormone that relax your muscles & ligaments causes the ligament holding the pelvic bones together to loosen. She had a lot of pain throughout the pregnancy, had to wear a pelvic support belt and was to told to avoid standing or sitting for too long, climb steps one at a time, avoid pushing or carrying anything (even pushing the shopping trolley hurt her!) and basically take it handy for the pregnancy! She was fairly cheesed off by the time baby appeared :o

Hi all,

Welcome Ms. Chanandler Bong!

We had our 20 week scan last Tuesday. Everything went really well and it was amazing to see baby again. We didnt find out the sex, we didnt on our first and decided not to on the second, its exciting not knowing. 22 weeks now and counting!
    Getting quite a lot of movement which I am loving! Big sister still hasnt felt it yet but very excited to feel baby kick.

A friend of mine had something called SPD, it's where the hormone that relax your muscles & ligaments causes the ligament holding the pelvic bones together to loosen. She had a lot of pain throughout the pregnancy, had to wear a pelvic support belt and was to told to avoid standing or sitting for too long, climb steps one at a time, avoid pushing or carrying anything (even pushing the shopping trolley hurt her!) and basically take it handy for the pregnancy! She was fairly cheesed off by the time baby appeared :o

Sounds pretty similar to what I am feeling at the moment, will be interesting to see what GP says now tomorrow. It takes me 1hr 15 mins to drive to work, sit at desk for 8 hours then drive 1hr 15 minutes home..... will be fun trying to avoid sitting lol

Welcome Ms. Chanandler Bong! How exciting!
    Had our 20 week scan at the weekend, all looking great! They even showed us some 3D views which was insane to see his face. He's super active in there jumping around although I still don't think I've felt it! Sometimes I feel a popping but not sure if that's it??
    I had a pinched sciatic nerve last week caused by going running and pulling a muscle, it was horrendous I have not felt pain quite like it! But physio helped a lot and I'm banned from running for the rest of the pregnancy but thankfully it's already reduced after a few days of stretches....

21 weeks this week and I'm still on bed rest but feeling much better! Had our anomaly scan yesterday and found out we're having a little boy <3 Everything was well and he measured at where he should be and had a strong heart beat. He was super active and I couldn't stop crying throughout. I found it a lot more emotional than the first scan. Feeling him move inside of me a lot since week 19 and it still excites me :) Glad to hear others are well in general. My sympathies to those with pains, I know the feeling!

We seem to be a very inactive bunch here, it's been a long time since any posts.

How is everyone doing? Less than three months left to go, exciting times :)

We seem to be a very inactive bunch here, it's been a long time since any posts.

How is everyone doing? Less than three months left to go, exciting times :)

Going great. Just over a kidney infection but otherwise feeling fine.

Anyone got any nice breaks in Ireland or elsewhere planned for the summer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Tinylion

3 months left? Argh! Its only mildy scary, isnt it?

We ve started prepping the baby room and washed the first load of baby clothes since the weather was so nice and we could sundry them :)
    Its all becoming rather real at the moment, and the bump is increasing by the second.

Advertisement