Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Meubles

Time is flying right?? Also going well here! Picked up a lot of baby things over the last 2 months, have a little moses basket which made it seem very real once that arrived! We're luckily being given a lot from family and think we've most of the clothes now - cannot stop buying cute things though!! One more week and then we go on the babymoon to Lisbon. I can't wait to take it easy for a bit. I'm pretty short so feels like the bump is huge, he's so active it's amazing! We tried playing music with headphones to the bump at the weekend and it seemed like his little head was poking up against my tummy it was a weird sensation. He's also waking me up at night with the kicking. Approaching the 3rd trimester how mad is that? Heart burn is still killing me and can't walk for as long as I used to (flat feet  + baby / baby weight = nightmare). Will have 7 weeks of work left after the holiday and will be counting down the days! Anyone else looking into hypnobirthing? Signed up for a class in June it sounds so inspiring!

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

Random heartburn attacks along with bladder-dancing at the most inconvenient times...I had forgotten about these wonderful pregnancy delights!!! 10 and a half weeks to go at work but I've holidays to take to break that up. It's a mix of "flying along nicely" and "is that all I am?!" Lots of movement, usually in the middle of the night! Have my glucose tolerance test next week, I'm going to find the fasting so hard :(

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Cork2015!

How is everyone doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

Hello!

I'm not too bad, how are you? The initial sick leave I was put on for eight weeks in Feb has been extended until June 23rd when my school closes. I'm still losing sensation in my left side so the doctors won't let me take any risk of falling. Other than that I'm well besides acid re-flux and a small bit of swelling in my feet.

Countdown is on now with 10.5 weeks left, hoping the time will fly :) I'm in Paris until mid July and then flying home to have the baby. Care has been great both here and at home.

Starting to feel organised as we've bought our moses basket, cot, travel system, car seat (which I love!) and the essential baby bits for hospital. It's such an exciting time!

Any tips on how to make the weeks pass faster :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭don corleone

Hi everyone
    Were in the same boat too. Feel better that we have got a few bits in, moses basket etc... 
    11 weeks to go. Have a weeks trip to spain in between so hoping that breaks up the wait a bit. Really is just a waiting game now for all of us! Doesnt seem that long ago I joined this thread thinking the due date was miles away

• Advertisement

11 weeks and 6 days to go here (not half counting down lol)
    Developed SPD and have been in absolute agony, was off all of last week and felt way better so came back to work monday but back to square one pain wise after one day!
    Back to GP on Tuesday and physio starts next week so hoping that might help
    My husband was just giving out to me, on my first baby i had everything organised super early but this time round i literally have NOTHING done.
    I bought one packet of maternity pads as i seen them while i was waiting in the queue in chemist and bout one little outfit for baba as thought it was cute but other than that I have nothing done.
    Really need to get my ass in gear!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Mouseylocks

11 weeks to go today! Very surreal! seems like yesterday everyone was having their 12 week scan and today I'm in for my growth scan!! really looking forward to that. I've been very lucky feeling great so far, aside from 6:30am being my new awake time for the past 2-3 weeks every morning bang on 6:30 I'm wide awake :-) probably just getting ready for the sleep deprivation to come! Have bought a few bits, buggy, car seat, sleepynight mattress thing, but really need to make a check list of some sort :-) any recommendations on hospital bag lists? I've looked at the Pippa one which seems pretty good!

Any recommendations on hospital bag lists? I've looked at the Pippa one which seems pretty good!

There are lists on Pinterest which are great.

My hospital gave me a checklist too and it is very useful. The midwife is excellent and has been great in terms of practical advice - small things like packing three small separate bags - one for labour / hospital stay, one for baby and one for going home. She is all about reducing stress :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 2017ul

Hi guys
    Due my baby on the 24th of August 😊 was recommended to get the GD test and due to other commitments put it off until the 28th week but now need to attend a funeral tomorrow 😯my own GP cannot do them, so have to go to the clinic on Friday in cumh is 29 weeks too late to get this test?

There are lists on Pinterest which are great.

My hospital gave me a checklist too and it is very useful. The midwife is excellent and has been great in terms of practical advice - small things like packing three small separate bags - one for labour / hospital stay, one for baby and one for going home. She is all about reducing stress :)

went looking at my hospital pack last night and sure enough they gave me a list as well :-) so going to work from that. Had my growth scan yesterday, baby is 3.3Lbs already eek! was great to get everything checked again though all happy and healthy two arms two legs and a head :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

2017ul wrote: »
    Hi guys
    Due my baby on the 24th of August 😊 was recommended to get the GD test and due to other commitments put it off until the 28th week but now need to attend a funeral tomorrow 😯my own GP cannot do them, so have to go to the clinic on Friday in cumh is 29 weeks too late to get this test?

They like to do them between 26 & 28 weeks, I had mine at 26 weeks, was going to ask for it to be changed as LO had chickenpox but the GP recommended I get it over with.

11 weeks to go here too! Just back from holidays so now it does really feel like the final countdown!
    Back to the midwife next week, I don't think we get a growth scan in the Netherlands, think the midwife said only if they refer me for some other reason. I'm really curious of his size though! The bump is feeling really heavy now. My snoring was apparently off the charts, poor OH was sleeping on the couch. But stacking an extra pillow has done the trick!
    Still no stretch marks but I've heard they can creep up on the last few weeks...fingers crossed it won't be too bad!
    We have our hypnobirthing class in 3 weeks, just started practicing the techniques and it's SO relaxing, definitely recommend looking into it. Still planning a home birth need to book a birth pool at the end of the month. Now I'm just worrying myself that the baby won't be in the right position or something. Not a lot of people have been supportive of our decision which is sad so I've just stopped talking about it. I suppose what matters is that it's what we really want. Our midwife is very supportive and we're 6 mins from the hospital so could be worse. I'll still pack a hospital bag to be safe! 
    We began looking for a 2nd hand pram at the weekend but gave up! So many options and no idea where to start. We are on a 2nd floor with fairly steep stairs so should be a very light one, anyone hear anything good about specific light prams??

11 weeks to go today so excited. Had my growth scan this morning as there were some concerns that the baby might be small due to a cord issue that has been detected but baby looked great on the scan and is already 3.5 pounds with 11 weeks to go! She must have guessed that I was concerned that that weight seems very big so she checked the percentiles and said if he continues growing as he has done then he would be about 8.5 pounds which isn't too bad as my first baby was 8 pounds 2 ounces.
    Was lovely to get more reassurance that all looks OK. She confirmed that it id definitely a boy so all doubt is now gone from our minds.
    Hope everyone is well x

Cork2015! wrote: »
    11 weeks to go today so excited. Had my growth scan this morning as there were some concerns that the baby might be small due to a cord issue that has been detected but baby looked great on the scan and is already 3.5 pounds with 11 weeks to go! She must have guessed that I was concerned that that weight seems very big so she checked the percentiles and said if he continues growing as he has done then he would be about 8.5 pounds which isn't too bad as my first baby was 8 pounds 2 ounces.
    Was lovely to get more reassurance that all looks OK. She confirmed that it id definitely a boy so all doubt is now gone from our minds.
    Hope everyone is well x

I was the same, I thought 3.3 seemed really big as my pregnancy app said they should be under 3 lbs this week. Though the sonographer didn't mention anything about percentiles. 8 - 8.5lbs sounds more normal to me :-) i has half getting paranoid i'd have an 11lber on my hands :-)

9.6 weeks left for us :) I'm feeling so much pressure in my pelvis already I'm kind of expecting an early arrival - I could be completely wrong though! Trying to plan as much as possible for the upcoming weeks to help the time pass. I'm going back home week 36 as I'll be having the baby in Ireland.
    Meubles wrote: »
    We began looking for a 2nd hand pram at the weekend but gave up! So many options and no idea where to start. We are on a 2nd floor with fairly steep stairs so should be a very light one, anyone hear anything good about specific light prams??

We are living in an apartment in Paris and use transport a lot, as well as flying back to Ireland frequently, so we also wanted a lightweight travel system which would be easy to travel with, fold up and down and to store.

We decided on the Babyzen YOYO+ (https://www.babyzen.com/en/yoyo-plus/video). It folds up and down in seconds and is so compact it can go in the overhead cabin of a plane which will save us checking it in as extra luggage each time we fly. It's compatible with many car seats so we bought the chassis and the 6m+ format.

Instead of buying the carrycot version from birth we bought the Cybex Cloud Q Plus Baby Car Seat (http://www.mothercare.ie/cybex-cloud-q-plus-baby-car-seat-autumn-gold.html) when it was on sale last month. It's ideal because it fully reclines into a carrycot as well as being a super safe car seat which doesn't need an ISOFIX base.

The combination is the perfect solution for our lifestyle.

Oh brilliant thanks unknowngirl!! That one does look great and it not insanely expensive. We will be back and forth to Ireland also a lot of the baby years so this would be perfect - will check it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Very popular here in London as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭JD24

Hi all,

7 weeks & 6 days for me! All is going good here, baby is great. Movement / kicks are getting pretty strong but loving it still. Have been getting the odd Braxton Hicks which have been a little intense but more uncomfortable than anything else.

We have all the bits and pieces from our first so not much to get but I do need to get a start on my hospital bag! I second the comment about doing three small bags, I did that on my first and it was so handy. We kept the going home bag in the car until we needed it so we literally had all that we needed for the hospital.

Hope all is well with everyone :)

I sooooo badly need to get organised. Pregnancy with a toddler is so draining, i feel tired if i even peel some veg. Hoping ill get a burst of energy soon

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Sherlof3

just over 8 weeks left here! FTM here - what car seat would ye recommend? Also should we defo get the iSOFIX, the car can take it?

• Advertisement

Sherlof3 wrote: »
    just over 8 weeks left here! FTM here - what car seat would ye recommend? Also should we defo get the iSOFIX, the car can take it?

I think it depends on the car seat. We don't need the iSOFIX with the seat we bought as it's very easy to put in and take out of the car and it's highly rated in safety. Depending on the seat you buy, and the car you have, it will dictate whether you need the base or not.

In other news I've started to wake up with bad cramps and pains in my hands and fingers. They aren't particularly swollen and the pain eases up during the day but it's so uncomfortable when I wake. I'm hoping it doesn't continue until the end...

We've our last big scan on Friday. I can't wait to have a look again :)

I think it depends on the car seat. We don't need the iSOFIX with the seat we bought as it's very easy to put in and take out of the car and it's highly rated in safety. Depending on the seat you buy, and the car you have, it will dictate whether you need the base or not.

In other news I've started to wake up with bad cramps and pains in my hands and fingers. They aren't particularly swollen and the pain eases up during the day but it's so uncomfortable when I wake. I'm hoping it doesn't continue until the end...

We've our last big scan on Friday. I can't wait to have a look again :)

How would you know if it's easy to put in and out of the car or the safety rating? Sorry totally clueless!

Enjoy your scan tomorrow :)

Sherlof3 wrote: »
    How would you know if it's easy to put in and out of the car or the safety rating? Sorry totally clueless!

Enjoy your scan tomorrow :)

The shop we bought ours in had a backseat of a car with belt to show how each seat went in. Also, the sales woman asked what car we had (Fluence) and she said that we'd have a lot of space to manoeuvre and that makes in easier to install the seat. She listed a few smaller cars, and 3 door cars, which were difficult to get the seat in and out of and for those she aid the iSOFIX was ideal.

You can search for the safety rating of different seats. The girl in the shop explained it to us and the different ratings.

Can't wait for the scan :)

Anyone having trouble sleeping in this weather? Would love some tips. Hope this is ok admin but have put together some tips in a blogpost which might be handy fellow mammies! https://diaryofdionysus.com/2017/06/20/how-to-sleep-in-this-heat/https://diaryofdionysus.com/2017/06/20/how-to-sleep-in-this-heat/

How is everyone feeling? Have the odd day where my feet swell like crazy! But have found keeping them up really helps. Had a check up there recently and iron levels dropped so really trying to keep eating iron rich foods - tough when I don't like red meat :/ 
    We had our hypnobirthing class at the weekend and it was fantastic, very inspiring how easy it is to adjust the way you think about birth and think it was hugely beneficial to the OH as he now feels like he really knows what he can do to help!
    I decided to use the full free 6 weeks before my due date so only 2 weeks left of work, I can't wait to nap and swim and do the final bits and pieces! The little one is moving around SO much it's insane, it's a weird feeling when he rolls or turns! He was measuring a little big at last appointment but they also said there can be a growth spurt then nothing for a week or two. I was crazy itchy for a few days so that was probably it...

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Anne_cordelia

Meubles wrote: »
    How is everyone feeling? Have the odd day where my feet swell like crazy! But have found keeping them up really helps. Had a check up there recently and iron levels dropped so really trying to keep eating iron rich foods - tough when I don't like red meat :/ 
    We had our hypnobirthing class at the weekend and it was fantastic, very inspiring how easy it is to adjust the way you think about birth and think it was hugely beneficial to the OH as he now feels like he really knows what he can do to help!
    I decided to use the full free 6 weeks before my due date so only 2 weeks left of work, I can't wait to nap and swim and do the final bits and pieces! The little one is moving around SO much it's insane, it's a weird feeling when he rolls or turns! He was measuring a little big at last appointment but they also said there can be a growth spurt then nothing for a week or two. I was crazy itchy for a few days so that was probably it...

Did you mention the itch to the hospital and did they do bloods? It's very important to get pregnancy itches checked as they can be a sign of something serious.

We have our hynobirthing class next Saturday, glad your OH found it useful, mine thinks we'll all be sitting in a circle singing kumbaya :-) I had horrendous fat feet for a few days last week but they've gone down now thank god! baby is doing summersaults all the time now which is crazy! going to miss it I think. Weird being in the final home stretch!!

@Mouseylocks where did you do your class? I'm starting mine in the Rotunda next Tuesday and can't wait!

@Anne_cordelia have you tried Spatone? I tried everything to try and boost my levels and it's the only thing that has worked and not made me vom or feel very queasy!!

34 weeks on Friday, really starting to feel the exhaustion now, the thoughts of another month in work!:O

8 weeks to go today... eeeekkkk
    REALLY need to start getting organised!

• Advertisement

@Sherlof3 we're doing ours with the Limerick Maternity. Its two Saturdays, and I've heard good things from anyone who's gone to it so hopefully i'll find it useful!

6 weeks 6 days left (not that I'm counting :-) ) have felt great the whole pregnancy, was very lucky until this week when my back decided to not play ball it's making sleep a bit difficult, seems like the only time I get really comfortable is just before my alarm wakes me up for work!

Advertisement